It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Racial-Preferences; Business, school, employers, etc watch out he is coming after you!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
Wage and hiring disparities still exist for minorities. I don't see the problem in fixing them unless...

Me either. I support Affirmative Action.

And I'm as white as you can get.

It shouldn't be about white, black, asian, hispanic, or another race. This was a quote from me it is in this same thread.

Who really is the minority anymore? That could also depend on what state you live in, what county, what town, what city, not just the USA in general. I am all for people who deserve or who have the education to have equal rights in jobs and wages. Do I think it is fair to put one race higher up without working for it? No, I don't! It is not fair for any race. To give someone something for free, only makes them more dependent on the government. Which in return only creates a circling affect. It never ends.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The FoxNews source in the OP does not give any information or context to go along with the article. Before we go too far into this, we need to know their source of reference.

virtually any organization can be held liable for race bias if it maintains a policy that negatively impacts one racial group more than another — even if it has no racist motive and applies the policy evenly across all groups.

For example, what is the definition of "negatively impacts"?
edit on 12-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonFaith

It shouldn't be about white, black, asian, hispanic, or another race. This was a quote from me it is in this same thread.

It's about representation of a cross section of all Ethnicities.

Which is needed to inspire those of various Ethnicities of the up and coming generation.

I'm 66 - - so I have personal experience of how things were in White Christian Man's world - - - before laws of equality became Federal.

I also live in both SoCA and Arizona. Which is Real Time experience in different attitudes of Equality.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
The FoxNews source in the OP does not give any information or context to go along with the article. Before we go to far into this, we need to know their source of reference.

virtually any organization can be held liable for race bias if it maintains a policy that negatively impacts one racial group more than another — even if it has no racist motive and applies the policy evenly across all groups.

This is yet another problen we face in this country. Certain groups of people generally on the left feel a need to OVER analyze everything.
I mean really, who needs a definition for "negatively impacts"? That is kinda self explanatory. No need to break it down, it means NEGATIVE IMPACT.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The FoxNews source in the OP does not give any information or context to go along with the article. Before we go too far into this, we need to know their source of reference.

edit on 12-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

I gave the link. Read on.

Here are a few examples from Xtrozero of what will happen. Until I get you some more. It all goes back to government dependency.

Xtrozero

We saw what happens when credit scores and income are taken out of the equation. Back when Barney Frank and crew said it is EVERY American's right to own a house they pushed loans to many who never, ever could afford those loans and the housing market crashed.

Now it seems they want to ignore credit liabilities once again. I can see it now....2 trillion gets put on credit in a very short period of time, and none of it is paid off from people with nothing to lose...the credit industry crashes and gets huge bailouts....

It sucks I can't play too with a 830 credit rating....

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I worked on Affirmative Action government reports 20 years ago.

Is this something new?

Perhaps you can shed some light on my questions ?

reply to post by xuenchen

Originally posted by xuenchen
Does anyone know if guidelines are set according to the census ??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I worked on Affirmative Action government reports 20 years ago.

Is this something new?

Wow! 20 years ago!!! You need to read the whole thread before asking if this is something new!!

How is it new?

First off - - you're source is FOX "entertainment".
edit on 12-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

And let me guess, you have a problem with FOX? Like I care!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It's about representation of a cross section of all Ethnicities.

Which is needed to inspire those of various Ethnicities of the up and coming generation.

I'm 66 - - so I have personal experience of how things were in White Christian Man's world - - - before laws of equality became Federal.

I also live in both SoCA and Arizona. Which is Real Time experience in different attitudes of Equality.

I think that is what I said. I don't know why the past is still trying to tie up the present. If everyone wants to be treated equal, then leave the past in the past and work for what you want. It shouldn't be up to the taxpayers to pay your debts.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

The FoxNews source in the OP does not give any information or context to go along with the article. Before we go to far into this, we need to know their source of reference.

This is yet another problen we face in this country. Certain groups of people generally on the left feel a need to OVER analyze everything.
I mean really, who needs a definition for "negatively impacts"? That is kinda self explanatory. No need to break it down, it means NEGATIVE IMPACT.

Really? If someone asks a question about the definition or context of a particular statement, they may just be a Leftist?

Ok.....never head that before, but the reason I ask is because we are talking about the Justice department and legal matters. In US law, the definition or contextual implication of a word or statement can be key.

The definition of " negatively impacts", in a legal sense, is quite vague and must be clearly defined so we can understand exactly how it can be applied in the courts.

I am not making a judgement either way until there is some context. Otherwise, it is foolish to jump to either side of the issue...simply because we don't know what is actually going on.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith

You must be referring to the Community Investment act. While it is politically expedient to place blame on Barney Frank and the act itself, the act did not "force" banks to make unsavory loans. What it did what say that the banks can no longer "redline" communities. In other words, they could not mark certain areas of low-income people and minorities as off-limits for loans and such.

And let's be honest.....there were more foreclosures and short-sells on $300,000 homes then there were for the $50,000 homes in Compton.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

You must be referring to the Community Investment act. While it is politically expedient to place blame on Barney Frank and the act itself, the act did not "force" banks to make unsavory loans. What it did what say that the banks can no longer "redline" communities. In other words, they could not mark certain areas of low-income people and minorities as off-limits for loans and such.

And let's be honest.....there were more foreclosures and short-sells on $300,000 homes then there were for the $50,000 homes in Compton.

First, I was quoting what someone else had said on this thread. Now, the banks, government and whoever else allowed people who could not afford items to purchase them without any creditability as to how to pay it back. It doesn't matter what price the items were, it hurt the economy. Here we are now, more in debt than we can ever pay off. Unless our great, great grandchildren find a huge gold mine somewhere.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I understand that you quoted another member. Xtrozero's post was directed towards the CRA, as I interpret it, and I disagree with the implication that the CRA is tied to the housing crash and the subsequent bailouts.

Moreover, I do not see how the CRA and the bailouts tie into "racial preferences" as it is implied in the post made by Xtrozero.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I understand that you quoted another member. Xtrozero's post was directed towards the CRA, as I interpret it, and I disagree with the implication that the CRA is tied to the housing crash and the subsequent bailouts.

Moreover, I do not see how the CRA and the bailouts tie into "racial preferences" as it is implied in the post made by Xtrozero.

It's not just tied to CRA or the bailouts. Those were just examples of some of the many things that have failed under the Obama Administration.

President Obama intends to close "persistent gaps" between whites and minorities in everything from credit scores and homeownership to test scores and graduation rates.

His remedy — short of new affirmative-action legislation — is to sue financial companies, schools and employers based on "disparate impact" complaints — a stealthy way to achieve racial preferences, opposed 2 to 1 by Americans.

Under this broad interpretation of civil-rights law, virtually any organization can be held liable for race bias if it maintains a policy that negatively impacts one racial group more than another — even if it has no racist motive and applies the policy evenly across all groups.

Read more: nation.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Guess we're not there yet.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You are correct, in today's legal system you do have to be clear. Although I feel you must draw the line somewhere.
Now if you were to ask the limitations of the negitive impact, that's one thing but to ask for the definition of negative impact is something else.
Generally it is those groups on the left that try to over analyze things. Mostly to get their way.
That is why legal documentation is so lengthy today.
Take the phrase "separation of church and state" for instance.
This phrase is not found in the constitution. It appeared ONCE in a letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Dunsbury (sp?) Babtist Church.
If one reads the constitution in context it is very clear this statement does not mean what many today try and make it mean, especially the ACLU. If further context was needed then the Federalist Papers should be consulted. What many people fail to realize is that the Constitution was written to protect the people, not necessarily the government.
The Constitution is a fairly short document, incredibly short compared to just one bill written by our government in this day and age.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The CRA Was originally passed n 1977, well before Obama's term. The bailout...I agree, but I fail to see the correlation between bailouts, banks and racial preferences.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Guess we're not there yet.

I must agree Beez! In the America we are living in right now, I don't see it happening. Cause the government will not allow it!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The CRA Was originally passed n 1977, well before Obama's term. The bailout...I agree, but I fail to see the correlation between bailouts, banks and racial preferences.

Ok, thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

It's easier to manipulate if we are all divided. Be it race, gender, wealth, political ideology.

It's a damn shame.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

How do we know the limitations if we do not know the definition?

Generally it is those groups on the left that try to over analyze things. Mostly to get their way. That is why legal documentation is so lengthy today.

This is a generalization and therefore hypocritical.

Take the phrase "separation of church and state" for instance. This phrase is not found in the constitution. It appeared ONCE in a letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Dunsbury (sp?) Babtist Church. If one reads the constitution in context it is very clear this statement does not mean what many today try and make it mean, especially the ACLU. If further context was needed then the Federalist Papers should be consulted. What many people fail to realize is that the Constitution was written to protect the people, not necessarily the government. The Constitution is a fairly short document, incredibly short compared to just one bill written by our government in this day and age.

We have the right to freedom of religion. Which means that I can choose to worship in any way I wish, as do you. If the Constitution was written to protect the people, and their freedom of religion, why would we believe that it is ok to implement religious ideology into our government?

That is also hypocritical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join