It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Article Bashes the Growing Number of People That Question Mass Media

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The bought and paid for MSM has no credibility. We have all been burnt on their stories or refusals to report stories. These people are minions of TPTB and they know what can and cannot be reported. First and foremost, they must never report the truth, at risk of ending their career. If you have not shot your television, you have my sympathies. Many enjoy and gush over their life as a slave but others know what freedom is. The MSM is the enemy of humanity.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Comments closed. hahaha priceless.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

I'm still chuckling over that myself!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So,this is what the MSM has been reduced to name-calling.It's sad that they have become so frustrated that they have begun to lash out at "Conspiracy Theorists."I say this has been a long time coming all the major networks have become arrogant and condescending karma truly is a witch.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
In regard to the Barbara Walter's piece, what struck me right away was something to the effect that it was no-holds-barred, ask any question without restriction...Who else allows this in interviews?! Almost no one! How ironic...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't think the media gets it. Let me explain it to them. NO ONE BELIEVES YOUR BOVINE EXREMENT REPORTING ANYMORE BECAUSE EVERYTHING YOU REPORT AS NEWS ARE ALL OPINION PIECES AND FLAT OUT LIES! There, I wonder if that got their attention. Mmmm probably not.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yes, waking up.
Partial list:

WMD
Regime Change
Humanitarian Aid
Humanitarian corridor
No Fly Zones
Insurgents
Free Syrian Army
Enduring Freedom
Iraqi Freedom
War on Terror
Non Lethal Aid
Interrogation
Sanctions
edit on 12-11-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Lest we forget about NBC editing the Zimmerman audio in regards to his phone call to authorities.

The recording aired on NBC's "Today" show on March 27, when the audio viewers heard suggested that Zimmerman volunteered to police, without provocation, that Martin was black: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black." But the tape had been edited, and the portion where the 911 dispatcher specifically asks Zimmerman if the person in question was "black, white or Hispanic," was deleted.
NBC fires producer over edited Zimmerman 911 callPointing this out is not meant to start a racial tirade, as I know it could easily move in that direction, but to point out another instance where the MSM has manipulated information. So please don't try to get into a racial debate with me. I'm not getting involved in such crap. They edited the tape, it's a fact that cannot be debated. And I'm supposed to just buy whatever they say without questioning it? Not me, not this guy.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ha! 50 flags and only 2 pages of comments, not the usual 8-20. To me that means many agree but don't have words to express the how ludicrous mainstream media is.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Have the followers of alternative news finally made media corporations such as CNN so desperate that they need to demonize those who question the lies they peddle on a daily basis?

I have seen an increase in mainstream sources poking fun at those "crazy conspiracy theorists" and in my opinion it shows how desperate they are to influence public opinion away from the truth and back to their lies but the line has been crossed.

Yes, desperate is a great word for it!
Damn those 'conspiracy theorists' who actually think for themselves and won't let us spoon feed them our lies without questioning us!! Argh time to name call! Lol

This thread is great, I'm happy you posted it!
I wish I could flag it more than once!
Let's continue to think for ourselves, question what were told, and keep them shaking in their boots

Star&Flag

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yesterday’s paranoid types feared elite groups such as the Illuminati and the Masons. Today’s bogeymen include the members of the Rockefeller-founded Trilateral Commission and the politicians and financiers who attend the monied confab at Bohemian Grove and are suspected of mapping out the “new world order.

lol... I love the mind games they play. And I love the fact people are starting to wake up to these sneaky mind games and seeing them for what they are. They throw out a couple of cliche "bogeymen" names in a sarcastic manner, which sets up a sort of peer-pressure argument; if you don't believe in the "rational down to Earth" logic, then clearly you must be one of those delusional paranoid idiots. This sort of reverse-psychology works extremely well most of the time.

But unfortunately for them, a lot of people now understand the fact that there are indeed extremely powerful groups whom have a lot of power over this world and are leading us a certain direction. Of course it's not as simple as throwing out a few names and saying they must be part of the Illuminati. It's extremely difficult to accurately map out the system of power which controls this world, but it clearly is there... and this article just proves it in an ironic way.

PS - the comments on this article are absolutely golden.
edit on 12/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

That's what I love about it. Yesterdays "Conspiracy Theorist" Boogeymen were the Illuminati and the Fraternal order of Masons. Now it's the Rockefellers and the Murdochs. Do you know what the difference is? We have a list of your names now. That means we've been doing our homework and their days are numbered. Scares the hell out of them.

edit on 12-11-2012 by MilesTeg because: Bad grammar.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

And who can forget that photoshopped image. It's funny MSM outlets love to bring up Iran's own photoshopped debacle but always seem to forget their own. The MSM is full of crap and it's not surprising they are resorting to name calling and selling more disinformation to try to save their hide. I'm happy to report more Americans are understanding this and turning away from the MSM because they don't buy their terrible reporting any more. Their ratings are doing down and so are their newspapers. Thanks to the internet more people can now find their own news and because of this alternate sites like the one in your OP is becoming more popular. The MSM is scared their losing their grip on America's short attention span so they resort to calling us conspiracy theorists like its a bad thing.

Listen to George Carlin being interviewed back in 1999 by Art Bell talking about the demonization of being labeled a conspiracy theorist.

And now from his 2005 HBO performance.

"It's a Big Club and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the Big Club. By the way, it's same club they hit you over the head with all day long telling you what to believe, what to think, and what to buy. The table is tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care" - George Carlin

edit on 12-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
In days gone by the media was respected. The business sources it's revenue and billion dollar profits from advertising.

Today, these profits are at risk. Damage control is in full swing.

I would not be surprised if some of the "false flags" are actually instigated by the media to capitalise on the advertsing dollars and ratings that these "events" generate

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Of course they would, they depend on mindless viewers en masse.

When will any big corporation/media empire realize they need to listen to the people, it's not "the people need to listen to us."

Fools.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
CNN article: 0 comments. Must have further edited in the time since this thread began.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

Comments are there but commenting had already been disabled, no relation to this thread. The fact they closed the comments section speaks volumes.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Dissenting opinion is bad for business. Damage control here is to demonize those dissenting opinions, resort to red herrings and ad hominems to destroy the credibility of those people, while conveniently ignoring the content of their argument. It's pathetic but all too common, and quite often it works, because people sometimes fail to critically analyze what they're hearing or take in alternate viewpoints.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yes to consider that an "institution" (and I use that term loosely) like the MSM could ever mislead us or falsely represent a thing makes us all nutjobs, wingnuts and conspiracy theorist. I'm sorry, but I wear the badge of conspiracy theorist with honor. For me, it means my eyes and ears are open and I am paying attention to what is going on around me...sure there are some pretty out there theories....but if you feel like the Gov is not being honest with you, or the police have become more militant, our military does questionable things...welcome on board! You are a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I trust the MSM about as far as I can toss a buick!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join