It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama goes on the offensive, prepares to slam Republicans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by solidguy

The Republicans are crying because they won't have their way this time around, and if they refuse to cut taxes on the middle class, while raising them on the wealthy then it will be political suicide for them when the mid term 2014 elections roll around.

The republicans are in FULL CRY MODE, eh?

If we do not get the wealthy PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE, then the REST of us will get the get stuck with even MORE BURDEN than we already have!! The wealthy are living like KINGS and QUEENS and like SNOBS they think that they are ABOVE paying their fair share, and that the REST OF US should be stuck with all the burden.

The burden on the middle class and poor is what the republicans and conservatives LOVE. The wealthy have HAD their YEARS of tax breaks and getting away without paying, and NOW ITS TIME FOR THAT TO END before the bill goes to the REST OF US...

America has VOTED and AGREES!!!!!!! WELL DONE AMERICA!!!

edit on 11-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
So Obama would blame republicans (big surprise) and hold hostage the American people, just so he can raise taxes.

Perhaps you missed the bit where he doesn't need to do anything at all to have taxes raised?? that would explain why you got this completely wrong.

What he is trying to do is STOP the tax hike for the middle classes - so he is happy for some taxes to be raised, and not for others.

How utterly small. How utterly low.

you have the answer to that in your own hands - pay attention to reality, absorb factrs, stop being so narrow minded.

you will find that cures a lot of ills.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

So Obama would blame republicans (big surprise) and hold hostage the American people, just so he can raise taxes.

Your a Piece of work.
You are Usually the First One to Gripe about the Demise of this Country, Under Obama.
Now he is taking steps to Try to work TOGETHER to Steer this Country on the Right Step.
And Even This , you now Crap On, Something You all Wanted Romney to Do.
Well Romney is a Footnote in History, Get over it, and Get on Board.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
And once he raises taxes on the rich get ready for the pain. The rich are the job creators. Get ready to pay more for everything. Do you think the rich business owners are gonna eat them higher taxes? Those taxes will be passed on to the poor and middle class through higher prices for the goods and services most people need to get by. Increasing the tax on the rich is an indirect tax on the poor!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

And lower taxes has worked so far?

President Obama has already proposed spending cuts along with higher taxes on the wealthy because LOWER TAXES has not worked. It has been proven that higher taxes are better at stimulating the economy.

NEWS FLASH: Those tax cuts go directly to their overseas accounts.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Perhaps you missed the bit where he doesn't need to do anything at all to have taxes raised?? that would explain why you got this completely wrong.

What he is trying to do is STOP the tax hike for the middle classes - so he is happy for some taxes to be raised, and not for others.

you have the answer to that in your own hands - pay attention to reality, absorb factrs, stop being so narrow minded.

you will find that cures a lot of ills.

And Obama stated that he will not sing anything unless taxes are raised.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
He needs to put some SPENDING CUTS on the board first.

The rich already pay most of the taxes in this country and it's only fair that when you ask them to pay even more, they should see that those dollars are not going to be thrown away like usual. Everybody needs to have some skin in the game.

Cuts first, major reforms to the tax code......then we can talk about tax increases.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

He won't sign anything that extends the current Bush era tax cuts.

If Republicans don't propose a plan, then he will let the tax cuts expire and then the taxes will go back to pre-bush era.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

And Obama stated that he will not sing anything unless taxes are raised.

Again - you seem to have missed reality here - he doesn't have to sign anything to get taxes raised - they are going to happen anyway - it is called the Fiscal Cliff - it is a result of tax cuts expiring from the Bush era (which were actually EXTENDED by Obama - they were going to expire in 2010 - Republicans voted in favour of this!), and spending cuts agreed by congress in 2011.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

the spending cuts are already going to happen if nothing changes - see here

edit on 11-11-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

With the current business atmosphere in America, I can't blame them. But raising their taxes will only hurt the poor. We have a president who is a micro-manager and wants to control every nuance of every business. Banks,auto manufacturers,gibson guitars,obamacare,farms,internet. He wants to run the country and every business in it. Taxes are just one part of what is driving businesses to hoard resources. Who wants to sink millions into their business only to have the government decide whats best for it. In my opinion , it won't be long till we see more businesses flee to more business friendly countries.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin
This is the right thing to do!! Obama needs to get the wealthy paying their fair share before the middle class and poor get stuck with the BURDEN!!!

Its funny how the republicans and conservatives dont care ONE BIT about debt and taxes until the wealthy are being called out to pay their FAIR SHARE to help get our country back up and running.

Republicans and conservatives show that they couldnt care less for anyone but the wealthy. But America VOTED and we say that taxing the wealthy is NEEDED AND MUST BE DONE IMMEDIATELY!!

Go GET EM OBAMA!!!

I agree....this is or was about them versus us.....now it is a new game because it is about AMERICANS NOW!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yes, that's true. But, the taxes and spending cuts that will happen when we hit that fiscal cliff are too much to bear for the American people. We need a balanced approach, and the prez and congress need to negotiate.

That is the mandate that the American people gave to both. They want the POTUS to learn how to lead and work across the aisle. Not just stand up like a bully and a hard-headed-my-way-or-the-highway and demand everything. They want the congress to do the same. There is a middle ground and they better both do their jobs and find it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It's corporations I read about paying less then their fair share of taxes, not rich people. I'm sure there are plenty of people through out the spectrum who don't pay their taxes but I'm sure most of the rich folks are paying their taxes and making their donations to charities. But at the end of the day we can tax the rich and the corporations to death, and the middle class, and the poor, and we still are in big trouble and it's has something to do with that ever growing trillion upon trillion dollar debt. Not only is the debt a problem but so are the USA's monthly bills like wars (war on drugs, terrorism, conflicts)/military, all entitlement programs (medicare, welfare, Obamacare, unemployment, disability, etc), SS, Student Loans, Gov't employees/contractors, Gov't properties bills/maintenance, and so on!

We spend and spend and spend and print and print and spend and print and so on and so forth! America has already dug it's grave and Obama isn't going to save us, the Democrats aren't going to save, the Republicans aren't going to save us, no one can save us. So raises taxes all you want it won't help much, maybe pay some bills but we'll still be living paycheck to paycheck.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The way I see it fair has nothing to with the current situation. As it stands the middle class are the ones hurting more than anyone else. At the same time the wealthy are earning more than ever before. So if the middle class is earning less and the wealthy are earning more it just makes sense to tax them more. Sure in an ideal world everyone would be taxed their fair share. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world and we need to actually look at reality when determining policy.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yes, that's true. But, the taxes and spending cuts that will happen when we hit that fiscal cliff are too much to bear for the American people. We need a balanced approach, and the prez and congress need to negotiate.

That is the mandate that the American people gave to both. They want the POTUS to learn how to lead and work across the aisle. Not just stand up like a bully and a hard-headed-my-way-or-the-highway and demand everything. They want the congress to do the same. There is a middle ground and they better both do their jobs and find it.

Yep - although TBH from here it looks like the Pres did give - he accepted the special bipartisan commission that called for about $3 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases for example, but het GOP won't allow any tax hikes at all.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
He pulls this crap all the time. His way or the highway. All his czar appointments, his economic decisions, healthcare, bailouts. If he doesnt get his way he threatens veto. He has no idea what americans want, and thinks a 1% popular vote means we gave him full approval.

For years since bush1 we have faced failed policies one after the other. Loss of freedoms, loss of financial security, loss of jobs, losses and losses and more losses.

I had some hope for him when he was elected. That just maybe he could do what he said.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

Let me preface this by once agin saying I didn't vote for Obama. Despite this I'm tired of the lies told about his first term. It seems like he can do no right in some people's eyes. They complain about him being tyrannical and dictatorial while at the same time being the weakest President we have ever had. The way I see it I will lean towards him being weak. Not because of his foreign policy, but because of his approach to the Republicans. Let's take healthcare as an example. Obama went in having a specific idea. The Republicans countered with a "compromise." Obama accepted this idea. As a result the Republicans voted against their own idea. If this makes Obama tyrannical then I'd hate to see him trying to be bipartisan.
edit on 11/11/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Let me get this straight.

You think Obama is going to pass a budget in his 5th year of office after failing to the last 4 years because his legacy is on the line?

You like to use the word fair fairly often so I thought I would include the Oxford definition for every
oxforddictionaries.com...

Definition of fair
adjective

1treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination: the group has achieved fair and equal representation for all its members a fairer distribution of wealth
just or appropriate in the circumstances: to be fair, this subject poses special problems it’s not fair to take it out on her
archaic (of a means or procedure) not violent: try first by fair means

2(of hair or complexion) light; blonde: a pretty girl with long fair hair
(of a person) having a light complexion or hair: he’s very fair with blue eyes

3considerable though not outstanding in size or amount: he did a fair bit of coaching
moderately good: he believes he has a fair chance of success
Australian/NZ informal complete; utter: this cow is a fair swine

4(of weather) fine and dry: a fair autumn day
(of the wind) favourable: they set sail with a fair wind

5 archaic beautiful: the fairest of her daughters
(of words) specious despite being initially attractive: the Sophists have plenty of brave words and fair devices

adverb

1without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage: no one could say he played fair

2 [as submodifier] dialect to a high degree: she’ll be fair delighted to see you

noun
archaic

a beautiful woman: pursuing his fair in a solitary street

verb
[no object] dialect

(of the weather) become fine: looks like it’s fairing off some

treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination

To be fair this pushing the bill on "millionaires and billionaires" does not really fit within the definition of fair as it is treating people with a favoritism and a discrimination.

It is possible that you would be more accurate had you used the term 'just' and provided a definition of what you consider 'just' and then backed it with verifiable sources to clarify for the audience what you meant.
edit on 11-11-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

REPORT: Obama Prepares To 'Barn-Storm' The Country, Slamming Republicans, If They Don't Cut A Fiscal cliff deal

Obama's and the Democrat's actual "strategy" is to force the tax cuts to expire with no compromise.
That makes everybody pay more.

They will cleverly inject things into proposals and amendments that may not even be realistic.
They will "bait the hooks" for classic Senate filibusters to maintain the "blame factors".

Maybe they reach a deal on the spending cuts, but that also gives the Democrats more "blame game" points later on. Those "cuts" amount to around $109 Billion thru September. Then the $1.2 trillion cuts over nine years.

They still can't "run on their record" because the failures far outweigh the feeble gains.

Notice how they are really pressing this "tax the rich" agenda and keeping the focus off of unemployment.

That won't do it Barack......You need to get a few million more jobs "created" before anything even comes close to getting "better"......

I think their main "goal" is to get control of the House in the 2014 elections.

The "blame game" is their only chance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join