It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama goes on the offensive, prepares to slam Republicans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

REPORT: Obama Prepares To 'Barn-Storm' The Country, Slamming Republicans, If They Don't Cut A Fiscal cliff deal

One scenario the official discussed included the president barn-storming the country, telling the public that Democrats will put forward a bill to restore middle class tax cuts as soon as Congress convenes, and calling on them to pressure Republican congressional leaders to stop holding those tax cuts hostage in exchange for tax cuts for wealthier Americans.

So basically the deal is: Before January 1, Obama tries to get the GOP to freeze middle class taxes, and let upper-class (above $250K) taxes go back to pre-Bush levels. The GOP doesn't want to do this, and wants all the taxes to be held down together. This is a major sticking point. But they all go up on Jan. 1, and then the plan is for Obama to hector the GOP into just cutting middle class ones.

Source

Less than a week into his second term and Obama is already looking more aggressive than he ever was in his first term. Looks like he won't let Republicans have their way this time around, and he's prepared pressure Republicans into raising taxes on the wealthy.

Asking millionaires and billionaires to pay a little bit more is reasonable. In fact, it's horrible that they're fighting to avoid paying their fair share when the middle class is hurting--and when these same Republicans scream on and on about the horrors of the national debt.

Give those Republicans hell!
edit on 11/11/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We should expect to see him more aggressive this term.

He's now leading with regards to his legacy. I don't think he wants to go down as a 2 term stalemate president. He is no longer Obama the candidate.
edit on 11-11-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
so you think.....rich = republican?

hes not going after anyone....if you think its wrong that the rich do their part...and give back
then thats just "politics".....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Let him do whatever he wants. Both parties are playing with fire. Obama's down 8 million votes, first re-elected President that lacks a mandate. Romney couldn't even match McCain. I think the credit-downgrade explanation and the success of Gary Johnson show that people are losing their patience with playing along.

Obama would be politically dumb not to play into the unprecedented amount of negativity on the left right now though. The contrast between how people celebrated his win in 2008 v. 2012 is pretty startling. He's leading a very angry coalition right now - so by all means, leverage that if you must Mr. President.

It's just amazing that before the negotiations begin we're starting out with stories like this. I don't believe this man knows the definition of compromise. I just hope SOMEONE wins this so we don't all crash and burn.

As for 2016, we need someone that actually has it in their heart to bring us back together. Because it's not going to happen in the next 4 years.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

I agree, this is his legacy on the line.

This is Obama's way of avoiding negotiations with the Republicans inside their dysfunctional bubble. Take it to the American people.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I bet Obama had this planned from the start, First Year, Test the waters analyse whats best, make small risks for good & bad returns, Enhance them good results, Learn from them bad results.

I want to see Obama Ruthless in his 2 Term.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm really liking Obama 2.0 so far.

This release needed to happen a long time ago.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So Obama would blame republicans (big surprise) and hold hostage the American people, just so he can raise taxes.

How utterly small. How utterly low.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

ahahaha , i see what you did there, Yes i agree i like this new version of Obama 2.0

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Obama is pressuring them

Enough of trying to play nice, Republicans had their chance to work together and instead they wasted time trying to keep Obama to just 1 term. They failed miserably as Obama closes in on 62 million votes.

By the way Romney is at 47%

Time for Republicans to play along, or go along

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Its not going to help the middle class to tax the "rich". Its just not.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This is the right thing to do!! Obama needs to get the wealthy paying their fair share before the middle class and poor get stuck with the BURDEN!!!

Its funny how the republicans and conservatives dont care ONE BIT about debt and taxes until the wealthy are being called out to pay their FAIR SHARE to help get our country back up and running.

Republicans and conservatives show that they couldnt care less for anyone but the wealthy. But America VOTED and we say that taxing the wealthy is NEEDED AND MUST BE DONE IMMEDIATELY!!

Go GET EM OBAMA!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure

Originally posted by links234

ahahaha , i see what you did there, Yes i agree i like this new version of Obama 2.0

Sure you do. Inside if every liberal is a beast waiting to get out. Yep a direct action, boot jacking, tell them fools how its gona be now that macky's back in town!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How does raising taxes on the rich help the poor and middle class?

More layoffs, more hours cut for hourly wage earners?

If it gets too outrageous, I can see the rich sitting out of this economy the next 4 years, or at the minimum doing just enough to maintain. As for growth of the economy....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin
This is the right thing to do!! Obama needs to get the wealthy paying their fair share before the middle class and poor get stuck with the BURDEN!!!

And by "burden" you mean cant get in on the new flux of Obama phones!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

Obama wants all of the taxes to go back to pre-bush levels.

Back to Clinton levels.

Were massive layoffs happening back then? The Republicans are crying because they won't have their way this time around, and if they refuse to cut taxes on the middle class, while raising them on the wealthy then it will be political suicide for them when the mid term 2014 elections roll around.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Obama wants all of the taxes to go back to pre-bush levels.

Back to Clinton levels.

Were massive layoffs happening back then? The Republicans are crying because they won't have their way this time around, and if they refuse to cut taxes on the middle class, while raising them on the wealthy then it will be political suicide for them when the mid term 2014 elections roll around.

What about spending? Is spending going back to Clinton levels?

If not, your point is moot.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yes he is

Over the next ten years, President Obama's proposed budget, which includes $1.1 trillion in spending cuts, is projected to cut the deficit by nearly half, reducing it by $626 billion, from $1.33 trillion to $704 billion. Obama's budget includes more than $4 trillion in balanced deficit reduction so that, by 2018, the deficit will be less than 3 percent of GDP. For every $1 in new revenue generated from the new taxes on those making over $250,000 per year, and from closing corporate loopholes, the budget has $2.50 in spending cuts, including the deficit reduction enacted over the last year.

Link

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Yes he is

Over the next ten years, President Obama's proposed budget, which includes $1.1 trillion in spending cuts, is projected to cut the deficit by nearly half, reducing it by $626 billion, from $1.33 trillion to $704 billion. Obama's budget includes more than $4 trillion in balanced deficit reduction so that, by 2018, the deficit will be less than 3 percent of GDP. For every $1 in new revenue generated from the new taxes on those making over $250,000 per year, and from closing corporate loopholes, the budget has $2.50 in spending cuts, including the deficit reduction enacted over the last year.

Link

Where did I hear that before?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
this has entered the realm of the ridiculous i mean are we so blind we're not seeing the bigger picture? i mean it's blatantly obvious the powers that be are pushing us towards the "nwo" a one world government.. more so since obama took office. obama says one thing and even before the republicans think about whatever issue is at hand they say the complete opposite and this angers any one of us who have an ounce of common sense because if you're a guy and you're married you'll know this ploy inside and out. we outed the teaparty for what it really is and who is backing them and now we're angry about republicans, the "independent" looks good on paper but can not save us so what's left? get rid of all parties right? yep and it's exactly what the powers that be is counting on.

obama has already tested the waters so to speak, going over the republicans heads on a few things a few months earlier, i apologize for not remembering exactly what and for making this statement but i know someone will remember and hopefully back me up but it has happened and to quite a bit of fanfare eventhough it was borderline illegal and may in fact be illegal, i'm no lawyer but it's due it's been an elephant in the room for quite a long time now and could be ushered in on our backs of anger, disenchantment, no hope, etc.. in fact this election has been the very first one i've been a part of that i had absolutely no hope what so ever and only voted for the lesser of 2 evils.

i believe this has transcended conspiracy and we're closer to a one world government than we've ever been. i'm so overwhelmed i can't seem to think or do anything and that's another thing i'm sure is a factor in bulldozing the playing field for reconstruction.

somehow, we need to break out of this box we've built around ourselves and start thinking and even more.. Acting!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join