It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama goes on the offensive, prepares to slam Republicans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I don't think the Democrats should be gloating or feeling like they have the upper hand. The truth is that people want solutions and those solutions are only going to happen if both parties compromise. Get the country going inte right direction and they can resume their petty party differences once they have accomplished that mission.

Well Harry Reid has alread said that the dems wont get shoved around by the republicans. Now thats setting the tone for working together.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Democrats and Republicans will do the same thing they have been doing the past 2 years, nothing has changed. The voters elected the status quo ... because it has been working so well.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Grimpachi

If I was him and the republicans wouldn’t extend the tax cuts for those making under 250K

See you bought the whole lie. Where have the Republicans ever said they would let the rich keep tax cuts but they would raise taxes on the middle class? That was just the Democrat Propaganda machine saying all that stuff and it's a lie.

Pretty much. Neither side wanted to compromise. Republicans wanted low taxes for everyone, Democrats wanted low middle class tax and high upper class tax. Regardless of what side is right or wrong that's what is going on.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

President Obama goes on the offensive, prepares to slam Republicans

Mr. 'work across the aisle' and 'bring people together' strikes again ... eh?

(shades of him telling Hispanic Americans that Republican Americans are 'the enemy')
In one of his campaign speeches he told a cheering crowd of sheeple that he
'means what he says and says what he means'. They lapped it up.
I chuckled and shook my head. This is a perfect example of why.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It is clearly a special interest election. Several groups voted for what they wanted personally rather than what the country needed. Too bad they didn't believe the we prosper together spiel the President always gives, because it's actualy true, although they voted in the people that will prevent it from happening. That is my opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
So Obama would blame republicans (big surprise) and hold hostage the American people, just so he can raise taxes.

How utterly small. How utterly low.

No lower than the republican mandate to defeat him by not passing any of his proposed legislation, even if it is derived from republican ideas. Maybe if that hadnt happened and they had passed even a small number of his proposals, we wouldnt be in as bad shape right now.

How utterly immature. How utterly childish.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Here's what Obama said last Friday...

As I said on Tuesday night, the American people voted for action, not politics as usual. You elected us to focus on your jobs, not ours. And in that spirit, I’ve invited leaders of both parties to the White House next week, so we can start to build consensus around the challenges that we can only solve together. And I also intend to bring in business and labor and civic leaders from all across the country here to Washington to get their ideas and input as well.

www.boston.com...< br />

Here's what's on Obama's schedule for this week...

The White House says Obama will meet with labor representatives as well as other progressive groups Tuesday. He'll hold separate meetings with the business community Wednesday.

Obama and bipartisan congressional leaders will hold their first fiscal cliff meeting Friday.

www.boston.com... l

What I want to know is why isn't some of these "bipartisan congressional leaders" involved in Obama's meeting with the business community on Wednesday? Why don't they get to hear the same thing Obama's hearing from them? In his speech, Obama made it sound like they were doing all of this together.

edit on 12-11-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Erm....he is not a "week into his second term". His second term doesn't begin until January.

Second line

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

In fact, it's horrible that they're fighting to avoid paying their fair share when the middle class is hurting-

Well, the argument should be what will government do with the money? If they are going to do the same old tired crap then, hell no don't raise taxes. If they are gonna pay down the debt then i think its a grand idea. May want to look at a small tax on the people who pay NO income taxes too. That way they understand why income taxes suck - in more ways than one.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Harry Reid is the epitome of what's wrong in Government. How about some term limits for these sycophantic vampires.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Alxandro

Once again it's ridiculous to claim Obama hasn't tried to work with the Republicans. I have to say I'm actually surprised he's standing up to them now. Let's hope this is just a prelude to moving away from the childish behavior we saw from both parties first term.

Were you around durring tha passing of Obama Care? The Dems ran all over the republicans. Thats they way they are. Its burns them to no end that they have the house to deal with.

Excuse me, but were YOU around during the passing of Obamacare? Why do conservatives keep ignoring the fact that Obamacare came from a REPUBLICAN idea. Obama didn't really want Obamacare as it is now - he wanted a single payer system. He tried to work with the Republicans by offering up their own idea, because he wanted to get some kind of healthcare reform passed. Well... isn't it interesting how they LOVED the idea until Obama proposed it. All of a sudden, it's the worst idea ever, according to them. They tried to shut him down, they would have shut down ANY kind of healthcare reform, even their own idea - just in order to make him fail, and make him a 1-term president. Of course, Obama was aware of that, so he did what he had to do to get the damn thing passed. Politics is a dirty, dirty game - and Obama has learned the hard way how you have to play it.

I hope Obama keeps playing hardball with the GOP. I hope he plays just as dirty with them as they have played with him. Beat them at their own game. GO OBAMA!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

edit on 12-11-2012 by kaylaluv because: so many double posts!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

So, you are ok with payback for actions during his first term?
But resent the idea of businesses laying people off due to the foretasted increase in taxes and operating costs.

I forgot, that it is ALWAYS different for liberals.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

That is really stupid to try to connect dots from a idea at a think tank, where the research was "What may an out of control govt do", to Romney's STATE health care plan to the bastard that 0bamacare has become.

That is like saying because Ford built a car, that he was for people to drive them while drunk.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

That is really stupid to try to connect dots from a idea at a think tank, where the research was "What may an out of control govt do", to Romney's STATE health care plan to the bastard that 0bamacare has become.

That is like saying because Ford built a car, that he was for people to drive them while drunk.

What's really stupid is people who don't know the true history of Obamacare.

www.dailykos.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yes, I will go visit the Daily Kos to get factual information on 0bamacare.

As businesses continue to lay people off, more become hooked on welfare and Govt assistance, taxes climb and prices for goods climb, don't forget to slam those evil Republicans.
The Saintly Dems and Liberal Progressives are there to help, with more Govt control and programs.

Sure sure then, sure sure.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

And again, the Daily Kos has some fact, but little truth.

It was thought up by a Conservative Think tank, within the realm of what an out of control govt could propose.
It was left at that, a think tank theory.

Fast forward to the time of Mass Govt Mitt Romney. He used some of the theory down and implemented the STATE version of STATE health care.
There is no issue with this, as stated by many here on ATS that are not Liberals.
This is because we believe in States rights.
We have an issue with the Fed Govt implementing such things, as it is not the role of the Fed Govt to do so.

Now, we have gone from a Think Tank Theory, to a STATE Health Care to a 2700+ page 0bamacare plan which includes more than just Health Care.

You keep betting all your chips on the Daily Kos.

I will really on actual research, common sense and logical deduction.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Obama tried that during his first 4 years. He caved at nearly everything the GOP wanted.
It's time for him to get them to actually want to work with him for once.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

But what about the 1993 bill which was supported by John McCain, Orrin Hatch, Charles Grassley, Robert Bennet, and Chris Bond and other senate republicans?
Bill Frist supported the individual mandate before Obama supported it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickm
reply to post by macman

But what about the 1993 bill which was supported by John McCain, Orrin Hatch, Charles Grassley, Robert Bennet, and Chris Bond and other senate republicans?
Bill Frist supported the individual mandate before Obama supported it.

A Bill signed by RINOs is the smoking gun?

Good thing I am not a Republican.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join