It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Abortion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by otherpotato
reply to post by Bone75

How is it irrelevant to the question posed? I see a hand grasping another hand. If the surgeon was performing surgery on a fetal monkey would the exact same grasp indicate the monkey has a soul? Monkeys have the same reflex.

How long are you going to pretend that you didn't read the text under the picture? If someone asks the kid whether or not he's ever had surgery, does he say yes or no?

Its a pretty simple question.

edit on 12-11-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

Bone 75, they seem to think debating abortion is a game. I don't understand the logic of it. I don't think you will ever get an answer to your question. I tried, but even here they want answer.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by GideonFaith

Originally posted by otherpotato
reply to post by Annee

I'm playing the game and didn't even know it!

How mature is that? I'm glad you all think abortion is a game. Yeah, says a lot about a person. No more words needed.

If I were you.

I wouldn't talk about being mature.

Threatening me now Annee? Wonder what the moderators would think?

So off topic too.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I've read through the thread and i hope i am now caught up... although i didn't see the picture before it was takin down I have seen that photo online and know which one your talking about... I also have photo's of my unborn children but I'm sure that they would be taken down if I shared them... I will tell you they look more like "gray" aliens though... but I guess you'll just say thats because they take after me

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith

I answered your question, that you dragged back to me from another thread, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I guess you didn't like my answer, since your ignoring it and pursuing ad hominem insults, trolling and dogging 3 other members now, with very same question.

You don't want to debate, you want to bully.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

So by your logic, when Samual gets older and someone asks him if he's ever had surgery...

he should say no?

Maybe he could say something like, "Not that I can remember." or, "Not that I am aware of."

Why can't he just say YES. No other answer could possibly suffice. How can you even attempt to argue that?
You would've been better off doing what you guys normally do...
ignore the question.

The only way this child would know that he had pre-natal surgery is if his parents tell him. He had no awareness of it at the time, gave no consent to it, and has no memory of it.

I'm going to go easy on you tonight, you must be tired or something

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I answered your question, that you dragged back to me from another thread, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I guess you didn't like my answer, since your ignoring it and pursuing ad hominem insults, trolling and dogging 3 other members now, with very same question.

You don't want to debate, you want to bully.

You are so off base with that statement. I didn't ask the question in the past thread. As for the three who were debating me, they stuck their nose into a one on one post. I wasn't trolling and I didn't give any more insults than what they gave me. Please get your information straight next time. If debating is bullying, then bully on.

By the way, three on one insulting and dogging me wasn't bullying me?

edit on 12-11-2012 by GideonFaith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

So, you would have the child testify to a fact that he has no personal knowledge of, to prove that he was a person before he was even aware that he existed?

How could he truthfully say he had surgery? He can only repeat what he's been told about that incident.

Your desperation is showing.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Post after post you argue personal indignation and continually go off topic.

I answered your question, that was pulled from another thread, and annodated by you.

Stay on topic!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

So, you would have the child testify to a fact that he has no personal knowledge of, to prove that he was a person before he was even aware that he existed?

How could he truthfully say he had surgery? He can only repeat what he's been told about that incident.

Your desperation is showing.

Who's playing strawman now?

If a judge himself asks you when and where you were born, are you gonna say "Your Honor, my birth certificate says such and such, but I honestly can't tell you because I have no recollection?"

Your ignorance and denial is showing.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

That's exactly what my lawyer would advise. Especially since I have no personal knowledge, only faith and trust, that it is true.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I answered your question, that was pulled from another thread, and annodated by you.

Stay on topic!

ONCE AGAIN, you DID NOT answer my question. It was Bone75 question to you on the past thread, not mine! Right now, you are harassing me after I already told you it wasn't my question. Did you bother to go and look before posting here again that I am harassing you? Seriously, this is ridiculous.

I don't go off topic and argue personal indignation. I try to stay on topic and debate one and one. Most times you can see on my post, I ask for them to stay on the topic. If other people decide to join in, then it is up to them.

Once again, it was not my question on the past thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

That's exactly what my lawyer would advise. Especially since I have no personal knowledge, only faith and trust, that it is true.

Wow I'm debating Barrack Obama now

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

You do really never know just who really is behind that avatar.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

You do really never know just who really is behind that avatar.

That's probably the smartest thing I've heard you say yet

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
God gave us freewill, therefore God is a God of choice. Ultimately we are judged by God and not by man.

It is not for us to judge the choices other's make. Only our own actions should come under our scrutiny.

Scripture is read and interpreted by the individual.

Wrong, how will we ever grow and develop a set of value of right and wrong it you do not look at the activities of others and decide if they are moral or immoral?

We are not to condemn those who disagree with us. If someone is doing something we consider unethical we have the moral responsibility to share out point of view with them. By refusing to do so we contribute to the decline of society.

God did give us a free will and the intelligence and empathy to understand right from wrong. We can sit on our values or go light this insane world that is so dark and misguided.

This passive acceptance of everyone's right to make their own choices has gotten way off track. Evil and good are becoming the same morally. People listen to the the leaders and follow blindly. Their ability to think rationally is disappearing as they drink more and more Kool-Aid,

Please spend time and think for yourself what your values are - know that right is right and wrong is wrong. Stand up for what you think educate others so this world can become a better and more noble place.

If you feel you lose the battle and least you can take consolation to you fought to make things better. And in the end you made yourself a winner for making the effort. Yes, God knows the choice you made and He see what efforts you make to create a more loving and good world.
edit on 11/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonFaith

Stay on topic!

ONCE AGAIN, you DID NOT answer my question. It was Bone75 question to you on the past thread, not mine! Right now, you are harassing me after I already told you it wasn't my question. Did you bother to go and look before posting here again that I am harassing you? Seriously, this is ridiculous.

I don't go off topic and argue personal indignation. I try to stay on topic and debate one and one. Most times you can see on my post, I ask for them to stay on the topic. If other people decide to join in, then it is up to them.

Once again, it was not my question on the past thread.

OH MY! LOL!

Again, you're going off topic. You need to stop bubblering with your fingers to the keyboard and brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I ask you the same question. If this child has no soul and is not a human being, then my vision must be broken. I see a human being grasping the hand of the surgeon. This is a living, breathing human being.

What you see is a photograph. Not a living breathing human being, that is what you are imagining the photo to be. What we see is the tiny, bloody hand of a fetus, that has been pulled through a surgical cut in a woman's abdomen, in order to better position the fetus for surgery.

How should he explain surgery done on him, since he supposedly has no soul?

I don't know how to answer that, because I don't understand the question.

How should he explain something he has no awareness of to someone he doesn't know....what is a soul?

I think you mean to say that he has no sentience.

DId you? When do I post anything about you harassing me? Seriously, you're ridiculous!
edit on 12-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Reply to windword

I do sincerely apologize to you. I thought you were talking about the past abortion thread, not this one. Once again, I am sorry for the oversight of your answer.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

It's cool.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Windword,
No disrespect meant but you confuse the hell out of me.

The only way this child would know that he had pre-natal surgery is if his parents tell him. He had no awareness of it at the time, gave no consent to it, and has no memory of it.

1. So you agree it is a child?
2. let's say you fall unconscious. You get rushed to the hospital and they find you have a brain tumor, and they have to do emergency surgery. By your logic you say it never happened? You can say you have never had brain surgery if asked? I mean after all you had no awareness of it, you gave no consent to it and you have no memory of it.
That's just silly.

I will say it again.
When a woman has an abortion, she removes a human life.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Quadrivium because: inserted the word "hell" into this suposidly Christian thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by windword

Windword,
No disrespect meant but you confuse the help out of me.

1. So you agree it is a child?

It is now. He was about 2 years old in the picture that was posted. Additionally, the question posed was how is the child to answer a question. Can a fetus answer a question?

2. let's say you fall unconscious. You get rushed to the hospital and they find you have a brain tumor, and they have to do emergency surgery. By your logic you say it never happened? You can say you have never had brain surgery if asked? I mean after all you had no awareness of it, you gave no consent to it and you have no memory of it.
That's just silly.

Then, when I awoke in the hospital, with a bandaged, shaved head and a colossal headache accompanied by a colossal bill, I would just have trust and have faith that I really did have a tumor, and they weren't just taking me for ride.

We don't know what we're told, we believe what we're told, and use deductive logic to ferret out untruths. This is just basic logic and reason. We only know what we know through our own experience. A fetus doesn't perceive experience because it isn't self aware.

I will say it again.
When a woman has an abortion, she removes a human life.

That's your opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join