It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Abortion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I don't see how you are ignoring the question.

Seems to me you answered it just fine.

But - GF used that same tactic on me because apparently my answer was not acceptable

Yeah, it seems that even though we answer whatever questions may exist, if it isn't the answer he wants, then he claims we didn't answer, even though there wasn't a question to start with!

that's the logic of the extremist right wing

edit on 12-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

But - GF used that same tactic on me because apparently my answer was not acceptable

Yeah, it seems that even though we answer the questions, if it isn't the answer he wants, then he claims we didn't answer

Exactly.

I've played this "game" before.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

How is it irrelevant to the question posed? I see a hand grasping another hand. If the surgeon was performing surgery on a fetal monkey would the exact same grasp indicate the monkey has a soul? Monkeys have the same reflex.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
reply to post by GideonFaith

If you have a question you want answered you'd better just ask it again then. I'm not not avoiding a question and I'm also not going to chase it down.

He actually has no idea what the question is/was because he didn't really ask anything. He just posted a blathering wall of text then claimed there was a question in it so he could play this little game he plays.

It's their straw-man tactic. They have no concept of logic or reason

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Dear PurpleChiten,

Disappointment isn't the worst emotion in the world, but it isn't a good one. I was looking forward to a solid discussion of ideas, listening to, and discussing, each other's point of view, and offering their own. Maybe another time we'll be luckier.

It may have been that I wasn't clear, or perhaps I wrote in a confusing way, or I don't know what. But, as I say, I'm a little disappointed that we couldn't have a good discussion.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'm playing the game and didn't even know it!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear PurpleChiten,

Disappointment isn't the worst emotion in the world, but it isn't a good one. I was looking forward to a solid discussion of ideas, listening to, and discussing, each other's point of view, and offering their own. Maybe another time we'll be luckier.

It may have been that I wasn't clear, or perhaps I wrote in a confusing way, or I don't know what. But, as I say, I'm a little disappointed that we couldn't have a good discussion.

With respect,
Charles1952

Unfortunately, due to trolls, it isn't possible to have a discussion at this time. I do apologize to you as you have been cordial and have attempted to converse. I wish I could take the time to do that with you. Hopefully we can at some point. I look forward to it when the opportunity presents itself in the future.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Reply to windword

Read below to understand what I am trying to tell you.

At the average time when a woman is aware that she is pregnant (the fifth to sixth week after conception), the preborn human being living inside her is metabolizing nutrition, excreting waste, moving, sucking his or her thumb, growing, and doing many other things that non-living things just do not do. As early as 21 days after conception, the baby's heart has begun to beat his or her own unique blood-type, often different than the mother's. (Moore & Persaud, The Developing Human, p.310; Nilsson & Hamberger, A Child is Born, p.86; Rugh & Shettles, From Conception to Birth, p.217.)

At 40 days after conception, brain waves can be read on an EEG, or an electroencephalogram. (Dr. H. Hamlin, Life or Death by EEG, JAMA, Oct.12, 1964, p.113.)

"By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception." Dr. Hymie Gordon, Chairman, Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic

Medical science already refers to a spontaneous heart rhythm and the presence of brain waves to determine whether someone is alive at the other spectrum of human existence.

Enough said.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Actually, you didn't say anything at all....

When does the soul enter the body?

An animal is a life, but it doesn't have a soul. The soul separates humans from animals. When does the soul eter the human body? The Bible says it enters when the breath of life is drawn into the lungs upon birth. Are you trying ot say the Bible is wrong?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Since I know God and the things you say and do aren't of God....well, they must be of satan...

You keep forgetting, I'm not an athiest, I'm not an agnostic. I'm a Christian that actually follows what Christ taught instead of what some high-school dropout that calls himself a preacher teaches while thumping on the bible instead of reading it.

I sure hope you are not talking about me. Because you tried to assume I was atheist. Excuse me, you just said I must be of satan. Wow, so Christian like. Your preacher must be proud. Well, all I have to say is think what you want. At the end of the day, I know who I am and I can sleep at night for my actions and decisions.

If you think this is who I am, then you are so far off. Just like some of your ideals IMHO.

some high-school dropout that calls himself a preacher teaches while thumping on the bible instead of reading it

I can't help but laugh at how far off you really are.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

How is it irrelevant to the question posed? I see a hand grasping another hand. If the surgeon was performing surgery on a fetal monkey would the exact same grasp indicate the monkey has a soul? Monkeys have the same reflex.

How long are you going to pretend that you didn't read the text under the picture? If someone asks the kid whether or not he's ever had surgery, does he say yes or no?

Its a pretty simple question.

edit on 12-11-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Why does that not surprise me?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

If you have a question you want answered you'd better just ask it again then. I'm not not avoiding a question and I'm also not going to chase it down.

When Samual gets older and someone asks him if he's ever had surgery ... he should say no? Since by the definitions on here that he had no soul at the time.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Actually, you didn't say anything at all....

When does the soul enter the body?

An animal is a life, but it doesn't have a soul. The soul separates humans from animals. When does the soul eter the human body? The Bible says it enters when the breath of life is drawn into the lungs upon birth. Are you trying ot say the Bible is wrong?

The soul is there upon conception. The Bible states that God knew you before you were even born. God is three trinities. Holy Spirit, God and Jesus.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yeah, it seems that even though we answer whatever questions may exist, if it isn't the answer he wants, then he claims we didn't answer, even though there wasn't a question to start with!

edit on 12-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

You didn't answer the question. I can't help it you didn't read the post completely. It is now posted again. You have no idea who I am or what I think, except for conception and abortion.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yeah, it seems that even though we answer the questions, if it isn't the answer he wants, then he claims we didn't answer

Exactly.

I've played this "game" before.

Why does it not surprise me you think this a game? Oh, because you can't handle people who don't believe the same things you do. Unless, you have other people to back you up!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

He actually has no idea what the question is/was because he didn't really ask anything. He just posted a blathering wall of text then claimed there was a question in it so he could play this little game he plays.

It's their straw-man tactic. They have no concept of logic or reason

You can't see the question. Once again, you are so far off as to who I am. I don't play games or have a straw-man tactic. I think the last sentence you wrote, you need to read it again, this time to yourself. It describes you more than it does me.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

How mature is that? I'm glad you all think abortion is a game. Yeah, says a lot about a person. No more words needed.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear PurpleChiten,

With respect,
Charles1952

Unfortunately, due to trolls, it isn't possible to have a discussion at this time. I do apologize to you as you have been cordial and have attempted to converse. I wish I could take the time to do that with you. Hopefully we can at some point. I look forward to it when the opportunity presents itself in the future.

I sure hope you are speaking of some of your buddies on here. Since you all think debating about abortion is a game. Sick!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonFaith

reply to post by Annee

How mature is that? I'm glad you all think abortion is a game. Yeah, says a lot about a person. No more words needed.

If I were you.

I wouldn't talk about being mature.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join