It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Gas furnace to blame in Indianapolis explosion?
Investigators believe a gas appliance may have been the cause of a powerful explosion that engulfed a middle class neighborhood in flames. NBC’s Ron Allen reports.

Its a wrap, that's all folks...

Nooooothing to see folks
Mediocre Video from MS'___'
video.msnbc.msn.com...

link   
Investigators believe a gas appliance may have been the cause of a powerful explosion that engulfed a middle class neighborhood in flames. NBC’s Ron Allen reports.

Nooooothing to see folks
video.msnbc.msn.com...

link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by Tallone

That is why I go with the gas explosion.

Except hasn't the gas company said it was not a gas explosion?

Can you link to that report?

edit on 12-11-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I just saw this video on YouTube. Maybe this is related.

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Originally posted by Pennylane
I do believe that the attempt to scheme insurance or get back at a spouse is very plausable; however... it all still seems so "odd" and or "fishy".

Ok, probably idiotic beyond words but here goes:
Cut gas line in the house, set a device to cause a spark at a given time.

Would the gas co. know?

OK..say I follow your reasoning. Riddle me this...why are 30 homes now declared off limits, and slated for total destruction. It doesn't add up...

Des

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

Nooooothing to see folks
video.msnbc.msn.com...
there woulnd't be a question mark if that were it. have you ever seen reporting like that?
edit on 12-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Looking at the picture and judging by the damage to the house on the right from the path the potential meteor took, the diameter couldn't have been larger than the side of the house. I'd say at most 7 to 8 feet.. the only problem is the airblast, at that size, people couldn't have possibly heard the blast. Another conflicting issue is the density of the meteor, if it were far more dense it would have certainly left a crater.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdeadfolx
Looking at the picture and judging by the damage to the house on the right from the path the potential meteor took, the diameter couldn't have been larger than the side of the house. I'd say at most 7 to 8 feet.. the only problem is the airblast, at that size, people couldn't have possibly heard the blast. Another conflicting issue is the density of the meteor, if it were far more dense it would have certainly left a crater.

Oh hell...let's go one step further...it's the new Area 51.....

Des

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Originally posted by Pennylane
I do believe that the attempt to scheme insurance or get back at a spouse is very plausable; however... it all still seems so "odd" and or "fishy".

Ok, probably idiotic beyond words but here goes:
Cut gas line in the house, set a device to cause a spark at a given time.

Would the gas co. know?

OK..say I follow your reasoning. Riddle me this...why are 30 homes now declared off limits, and slated for total destruction. It doesn't add up...

Des

It was just a passing thought, but the 30 homes slated for the ball is VERY strange.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Yngvarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Just for the record,

The "meteor" that hit in the Northwest last week or so....

They were treating it the same way.

Contamination....riiiiiight.

I'm fairly safe in the assumption that its not a zombie virus laden rock ready to start a now chapter in the "B movie" our country is turning into.

The only logical suggestion is either a satellite that got knocked out some how (radiation) or something really odd.

I dont think there would be enough of anything were it a missle.

Problem is, IF it were a missile, grabbing a bit of debris and having it shipped off would tell if explosives (rdx or something) were found.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maskander

Nooooothing to see folks
video.msnbc.msn.com...
there woulnd't be a question mark if that were it. have you ever seen reporting like that?
edit on 12-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

...????? Maybe it is just sensationalized. This is what the owners are claiming..

The man who owns the houses daughter called and the furnace was not working
her and her boyfriend and grandmother went to stay in a hotel.. Ex wife lives somewhere else
he was on business trip.. That sat. house explodes and they are all like wtf..??

Sounds a little weird

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I read it on this very thread! About a day back. Will try to find it

edit on 12-11-2012 by magma because: spelled it as on so changed it

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Ahhh...but, the Gas Company has stated no one ever called in a malfunctioning furnace report. Plus, no one has verified the Father's claims of text from Daughter. It gets squirrelier by the minute....

John Shirley, 50, of Noblesville, told The Associated Press that his daughter sent him a text message last week complaining that the furnace in the home where she lives with her mother and her mother's boyfriend had gone out and required them to stay at hotel.

But Shirley also said when he asked if the furnace had been fixed, his daughter said yes, and he wasn't aware of any additional problems until he heard from his daughter again Sunday morning.

"I get a text from my daughter saying `Dad, our home is gone. Then I called my ex-wife and she said what happened," he said.

His ex-wife, Monserrate Shirley, declined to comment Monday.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Des

edit on 12-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

So it was a faulty furnace.

Got a blockage, then unblocked itself, filled up the house with gas, then ignited causing the largest domestic gas explosion in a residential area in the USA of all time?

cough...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
After fiddling around with www.purdue.edu... a bit more, I was able to get the airblast to be more accurate to the reports of people hearing the explosion, the only issue is that to have an airblast at 7-8 feet, the meteor would have to be made of iron which is the highest density available, also there wouldn't be just the initial crater but multiple craters as well. So far they've only turned up one impact zone.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Tallone

I read it on this very thread! About a day back. Will try to find it

edit on 12-11-2012 by magma because: spelled it as on so changed it

You can't believe half the # you read here.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Got a blockage, then unblocked itself, filled up the house with gas, then ignited causing the largest domestic gas explosion in a residential area in the USA of all time?

cough...

Supposedly, but all these investigators have not been able to confirm this with all the resources they have..

If the owners had anything to do with this and it got more out of hand then they thought was going to happen
boy i hope their story is not BS.. How cold is it in indy..
edit on 12-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Ahhh...but, the Gas Company has stated no one ever called in a malfunctioning furnace report. Plus, no one has verified the Father's claims of text from Daughter. It gets squirrelier by the minute....

John Shirley, 50, of Noblesville, told The Associated Press that his daughter sent him a text message last week complaining that the furnace in the home where she lives with her mother and her mother's boyfriend had gone out and required them to stay at hotel.

But Shirley also said when he asked if the furnace had been fixed, his daughter said yes, and he wasn't aware of any additional problems until he heard from his daughter again Sunday morning.

"I get a text from my daughter saying `Dad, our home is gone. Then I called my ex-wife and she said what happened," he said.

His ex-wife, Monserrate Shirley, declined to comment Monday.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Des

edit on 12-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

As I mentioned, these calls were probably swept up and filed (yes like most all of your calls) and first will be verified to have occurred and then will be analyzed. Not pointing fingers. Just routine I would guess.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Supposedly, but all these investigators have not been able to confirm this with all the resources they have..

All that takes time of course. There is a much better chance that the faulty furnace will stick as the reason then say, Plasma gun from a Drone or a meteorite.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

cough...

If the owners had anything to do with this and it got more out of hand then they thought was going to happen
boy i hope their story is not BS.. How cold is it in indy..
edit on 12-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)
25 degrees tonight

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join