It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

The gas is odorless the smell is added for safety
www.pge.com...

edit on 12-11-2012 by Uberdavo because: link

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

But then you have to deal with it being used on civilians, and IN the US.

At a guess I would suggest accident and malfunction of equipment.

Except for the fact it seems that there are a couple of important people very close to the scene.

Which may suggest intentional.

It certainly is not clear cut in any way.

What gets me is the overhead pictures of the site, which show a focused and directionalised explosion.

What I like is that TPTB can not take these photos away from public scrutiny

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uberdavo

The gas is odorless the smell is added for safety
www.pge.com...

edit on 12-11-2012 by Uberdavo because: link

Yeah I'm well aware it's added in.

Someone was suggesting it wasn't a gas explosion because evidently people smelled Sulfur. The poster said that gas will smell of eggs not Sulfur so it was something other than a gas explosion. I was pointing out that Sulfur smell and egg smell are the same thing, so there was nothing at the time to disprove a gas explosion.

Hope that make sense...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yes, yes it does.

Thanks for clearing it up, I'm jumping between a few threads right now I should have read the posts more clearly. my bad

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
To the people who posted about the Fatal West Knoxville home explosion in 2009

Here's the obvious differences I see:
The one in Knoxville, TN had only the local sheriff's dept and the fire bureau doing the investigation and it was solved rather quickly. But the one in Indianapolis has allot of feet dragging going on, with NO viable answers not to mention all the gov folks that are now involved.
Why is that?
What makes one explosion any different than the other?
You compared them so please do reply, I am curious.

PS. “We are continuing to test the gas lines,” Holsapple said. “We have tested the gas line on fire and found there are no leaks.”
so urce

edit on 12-11-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by diesel_actual
Space junk falls from sky, explosive fuel on board or possible micro reactor?

Nuclear power sources melt down and release radiation, they don't become mini nuclear bombs. There is just no explosive potential here. If you are thinking of the reactor at Fukashima blowing up, that was a completely different type of reactor than what's aboard space craft. A Fukashima type explosion couldn't happen with a nuclear power source aboard a satellite.

As far as the possibility of more traditional fuel being found on satellites exploding, usually satellites are brought back down to Earth when they run out of fuel. If there was still fuel aboard, they could have fired some thrusters and kept it in orbit.

Some people mentioned the un-even burn patterns as some sort of hint that something is fishy here. I'm not getting it. My family used to own a construction business who's main thing was tearing down or remodeling houses after fire damage. After helping out on jobsites when I was younger I know for a fact that burn patterns can be random just like in the pics. Especially when explosions come into play, as they disrupt the normal progression of fire and spread it to other areas without affecting some closer.

I just don't see anything to suggest this is anything other than a gas fire that blew up and burned a few houses. What's everyone else seeing that I don't?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Why would a hotwater heater or furnace be in the garage with a house that has a basement? Is that common practice in IN?

I think a better question would be WAS there a gas appliance in the garage?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So how many gas leaks/fires you been too.....?

In 25 years as a FF seen plenty, from faulty applicanaces to human error (not shutting off totally)

Laughable the ignorance on display here mixed with paranoia

This thread has gone for 60 pages of ignorance and stupidity

When someone with knowledge does post something relevant usally is ignored by the clown posse
pushing their own pet fantasy.........

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Why would a hotwater heater or furnace be in the garage with a house that has a basement? Is that common practice in IN?

I think a better question would be WAS there a gas appliance in the garage?

I think a better question is: Can a domestic heater furnace in a house like the one destroyed , actually accumulate enough energy to then explode and completely decimate the house and another next to it, damage a heap of houses around it and send out a pressure wave that feels like an EQ for 15 miles?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I can't believe ANYONE is buying the gas explosion theory .. really?!

- VERY long delay, media was very slow with coverage most likely due to blackout from gov
- People "evacuated" by buses? Really? A Gas explosion can have a big radius but not that big that you would have to evacuate the entire neighborhood
- Also, as many pointed out, gas explosions rarely cause fire
- People reported smelling sulfur
- Officers initial reports: "Plane crashed" www.flickr.com...@N04/8180093780/
- People saw bright light in sky
- Another explosion in Kentucky? Coincidence www.wkyt.com...

Either a black ops plane crashed or who says it wasn't another incident like Roswell?
edit on 12-11-2012 by farware because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

I am one of those people that posted on the West Knox fire. I did it because a member was looking for comparison photos.

You are correct in that fact there was no federal involvement. However, times have changed in the last 3 years. Especially with DHS, they have kind of become the national's federal police force. And with this explosion people reported hearing jet engines before it happened.

I'm not convinced this is just a gas explosion. The only way I will completely believe that is if this turns out to be an insurance scam. Otherwise I will always have questions.

Just my thoughts on it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A friend of mine back in California owns a propane company. He is frequently called on to supply gas for movie special-effects work - he likes to work these assignments himself, naturally. The movie industry likes to use gas for creating their fiery explosions, of which they produce many.

I haven't kept up with every post in this thread but have been following it loosely since shortly after it started and I see the mystery is still unsolved. It is difficult to account for all that is conjectured in this incident and all details are not easily verifiable, if at all. Just to add my thoughts, the burn and debris I see in the photos does not appear inconsistent with gas explosions.

A great majority of folks probably experience most explosions from the vantage point of their viewing couch by way of Hollywood. Regardless of what the media presents as the source of these explosions likely most of them are propane or natural gas explosions and are manufactured for your viewing enjoyment. Gas explosions are what most of us are accustomed to seeing.

edit on 12-11-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Either a black ops plane crashed or who says it wasn't another incident like Roswell?

did the military swoop in and remove the aircraft debris so no one would see it? Doesn't seem so.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Are you suggesting that they fake the gas explosion to make sure people believe it?

The problem I have with this incident is the media blackout. Normally the media would be reporting about this instantly but there was a long delay.

Sure, accidents happen but this one is obviously faked and they need to come up with a better explanation than gas explosion because people are getting smarter and you can't fool them like you could back in 1947. Questions is what are they hiding?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

True .. plane crash is not very likely, but what about the white material that was found miles away? Something was up in the sky, possibly something that would not cause a lot of debris when it crashed but cause a massive explosion

I just can't come up with a good idea of what crashed .. if it was an asteroid why wouldn't they say that?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Your opprobrious comment is like garnish on a plate, no one cares about it and it always gets tossed into the trash

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by farware

It's possible that the asteroid or meteor turned to dust or burned up after impact.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Could be,

But let's break down the evidence, the people in that neighborhood said that "They have never heard of a sound like it before."

So we all watched movies with explosions and such, right? It's just the standard boom and bang.

Now, the picture shows that the ground is charred, two houses gone or looks like someone came in and cut it with a very hot saw with the surrounding houses having minor damage.

Blast radius is what gets me, two long sides and two short with the blast looking like it went nowhere else. No up or down or diagonal in any way, as if it wasn't spherical like other kinds of blasts.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks! I just thought it was interesting how differently these were handled and was wondering out of curiosity. The Indianapolis seems fishy to me especially after the statement I just read.
"We are continuing to test the gas lines,” Holsapple said. “We have tested the gas line on fire and found there are no leaks.”

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My power has been out since my last post so has the mystery been solved yet?

While my power was out I was thinking, not even a few days before this incident (not sure when to be honest) the news here in indiana ran a story on homemade bombs, if it turns out to be a bomb blast could that story play a role in all this?

I didn't watch the story myself but the advertisement sounded as if it was going to list the ingredients

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join