It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieceOfThePuzzle
msnbc is now talking about a gas furnace.

Investigators believe a gas appliance may have been the cause of a powerful explosion that engulfed a middle class neighborhood in flames. NBC’s Ron Allen reports.

Source: video.msnbc.msn.com...

In the video people said they thought it was a plane crashing. The gas furnace makes more sense than a natural gas leak, but how big would the fume clouds be to cause this much damage when it sparked?

Another interesting point is when the daughter text's her father saying "Dad, our home is gone.", a home which was causing them finical trouble.
edit on 12-11-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

Of course they are.

Could it be. Yes?

Does it really seem like that could be the reason? Well, unless they managed to hermetically seal the house and increase the pressure to 5 atmospheres and filled it up top to bottom with propane/natural gas, either that or that furnace was running on a small bit of Plutonium

I just have a very difficult time believing a standard gas explosion can create a compression wave (blast overpressure) that is powerful enough to literally blow in doors and garage doors 100's of feet away, and heard up to what, 5 miles away? That's on the level of ORDINANCE.

Lets just go with with furnace idea and forget this ever happened.

Move along.

The power behind the blast seems something close to this, and to clarify, no, I don't believe it was a missile, I'm simply stating how I see the evidence in terms of explosive force:

@ 1:30

edit on 12-11-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Where is K21968?
If you're online you might enjoy this thread, check it out!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=15327766#pid15327766

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
ok guys, i have a question that some may find absurd and others may find of interest, so here goes ...
a long time ago, this region of the country (IN) was well-known for its underground tunnels (used alot from the Civil War times well into the 1950s)

as it's common knowledge that these tunnels have not been filled-in, closed-off or renovated over the years, what is the possibility that the displacement occuring in the Bayou Corne (LA) is forcing methane and other gaseous components along the path of least resistance to regions far from the source ??

www.nps.gov...
which just happens to be located relatively close to the explosion zone.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Investigators believe a gas appliance may have been the cause of a powerful explosion that engulfed a middle class neighborhood in flames. NBC’s Ron Allen reports.

In the video people said they thought it was a plane crashing. The gas furnace makes more sense than a natural gas leak, but how big would the fume clouds be to cause this much damage when it sparked?

Another interesting point is when the daughter text's her father saying "Dad, our home is gone.", a home which was causing them finical trouble.
i would be curious as to the timestamp on that supposed text ... any links for it ??

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProperlyErrant

Of course they are.

Could it be. Yes?

Does it really seem like that could be the reason? Well, unless they managed to hermetically seal the house and increase the pressure to 5 atmospheres and filled it up top to bottom with propane/natural gas, either that or that furnace was running on a small bit of Plutonium

I just have a very difficult time believing a standard gas explosion can create a compression wave (blast overpressure) that is powerful enough to literally blow in doors and garage doors 100's of feet away, and heard up to what, 5 miles away? That's on the level of ORDINANCE.

Lets just go with with furnace idea and forget this ever happened.

Move along.

I am not going to agree or think about one idea just because everyone else is. I think outside of the box, most of the time. I am trying to fairly judge everything by looking at both sides. They also said that they where gone, I don't think they mentioned how long. It could of been since they went to that hotel and if thats the case, it would of been a week and a half of fumes gathering. I am not saying this is what happened, but by the information given that seems like a plausible scenario - rather than hell fire missles being shot(you never said that, but people have) or asteroids plummeting into the house. Wouldn't you agree?

Originally posted by Honor93

i would be curious as to the timestamp on that supposed text ... any links for it ??

Washing post is saying 1.5 weeks. Here is the source: www.washingtonpost.com... 2d2b-11e2-b631-2aad9d9c73ac_story.html

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PieceOfThePuzzle

Wouldn't you agree?
nope, not at all and not from a house that is barely 10yrs old.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
damage of near by homes, residents were allowed 1hr today to retrieve personal effects

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...

the second video is the news coverage from the blast here in Louisiana, first video is the blast from russia where they said 4000 tons of explosives exploded at an ammo depot, yep 4000 tons. seems to be the common story lol. too bad it didn't have a furnace near, they could of used that..........

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Wouldn't you agree?
nope, not at all and not from a house that is barely 10yrs old.

So you don't think its possible that faulty installation and or repairs could lead to it, eh?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Someone U2U'd it to me! I just read it. AMAZING.

I was ignored here for 24 hrs so I gave up trying to be heard.

I seriously am convinced now that is what happened.

Sad but they will never admit to it. Indiana petitioned hard to get the drone testing contract and with an incident within a few weeks of the program of this magnitude would kill the contract. This contract brought many jobs and much money to Indiana.

MONEY RULES. Apparently

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

could it be it was a 'dirty' bomb and they are keeping people away
to decontaminate the 30 plus houses they wont allow anyone to
go into for any reason?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by diesel_actual

Holy chit that's crazy looking!

In the last picture, on the right side, is that debris that have been stuck into the wall?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Residents "allowed" one hour? What possible reason could there be for one hour, days later? What sheep we have become by the way.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
reply to post by diesel_actual

Holy chit that's crazy looking!

In the last picture, on the right side, is that debris that have been stuck into the wall?

I believe those are shelves.

link   

would you repost the link ... it comes up as unavailable.
probably just a long one that broke when it was posted so please copy/paste the address (all but the www) and we'll do the same to read it, thanks.

btw, i am curious what the timestamp of the txt is, not what the msm says they think.
if the timestamp is included in this story, please fix the link, if not, disregard as hearsay.

i would like to know if the text was sent around 11:00, 11:15, 11:30, midnight or sometime later.
if anyone doesn't see the point, let me be clear ... as the child was supposedly across town at a hotel, how could she possibly know that THEIR house was no longer standing ??

afterall, it's not like the msm was all over this story from the beginning.
if the text was sent/delivered before msm displayed the damaged area, how could she know unless neighbors notified her ??

i was listening to the RR feed and even they were being elusive about exact locations.

link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
Where is K21968?
If you're online you might enjoy this thread, check it out!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=15327766#pid15327766

Oh my, the plot thickens.

According to the others here, that #'s a hoax.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by Destinyone

could it be it was a 'dirty' bomb and they are keeping people away
to decontaminate the 30 plus houses they wont allow anyone to
go into for any reason?

A dirty bomb from the government or from a terrorist group?

If a terrorist had a dirty bomb, they wouldn't waste it on a suburban neighborhood where the effects would be minimal. They would use it in a crowded city somewhere.

If the government was doing a false flag with a dirty bomb, they too would use the same tactic as a terrorist group, use it on a large, dense, population center. Not a random street in the suburbs.

i think it being a dirty bomb is one of the absolute least likely things it could be. Plus a dirt bomb that only contaminated would be a tiny little dirty bomb, not really worth the effort of whoever was using it. Winds would carry contamination farther than the 30 houses regardless.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Seeing the damage, it seems extreme. But I wonder about the construction. In the pic of the doors, it looks like the jambs separated from the wall but the glass did not break.

Maybe these houses are not all that well put together.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

Here is video of the Louisiana blast, aerial view of the blast looks very similar to this one. This even blew railroad cars off the track. Take a look and tell me the blast site doesn't look similar?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by diesel_actual
damage of near by homes, residents were allowed 1hr today to retrieve personal effects

Furnace my happy ass....Thank You for posting photos....

Des

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join