It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be your main weapons in a SHTF Scenario

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have been thinking about hugs. while they dont really have any knock down power, the shock element alone should be enough to deter most threats. plus I will never run out of them unless my arms are ripped off. if the shtf scenario involves zombies, i will just moan, waddle and hold my arms out in a hugging motion and walk right thru them. all though I have not tested out my hug defense yet, i believe that it deserves a place in my arsenal.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsawWHATtheyDID
I have been thinking about hugs. while they dont really have any knock down power, the shock element alone should be enough to deter most threats. plus I will never run out of them unless my arms are ripped off. if the shtf scenario involves zombies, i will just moan, waddle and hold my arms out in a hugging motion and walk right thru them. all though I have not tested out my hug defense yet, i believe that it deserves a place in my arsenal.

I like this idea haha.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
A 30 large family all wielding Weapons.

Hammers
Butcher knifes
Knifes attached to poles

Basically anything that can be found. Survival requires some creativity and a simple beer bottle can become deadly. Gun's will be important

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Do you use them recreationally?
Personally, I dont see the appeal to owning weapons. Yes. One should be able to protect themselves in the correct situation. I just dont feel the situation would likely arise.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zachcasmith

Not at the start. But once food supplies run short, fresh water reasoning will not come into play. Unless you stored maybe 10000 cans of food for a large family as mine. You're gonna fight for your right. Everyone thinks they will not resort to banditry, everyone says they will just hunker down. I'm sorry to say I doubt this quite much.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

Tried that, they'll just think you're lunging at them and attack you.Must be a sneak hug and at that point you may aswell Embrace your inner assassin at that point.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm Canadian, hence my weapons are a slingshot (with plenty of pistachios for ammo) and a Jedi Knight limited edition light saber of death and destruction.

Anything else has to be registered and thus putting you on the system... Sooo, yeah.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Note: Beware of canucks stocking up on empty beer bottles... it's a sooper seekrit Canadian tradition how we use them as weapons. But I can't tell you or they'd take away my membership card.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Here's a pro tip for an extra deadly beer bottle: Do not use sugar glass.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness

Here's a pro tip for an extra deadly beer bottle: Do not use sugar glass.

Shhhhh... don't let out the seekrits man !
We've already said too much as it is...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You people are lunatics

Please try and make sure that it is the moment you fear before killing anyone first

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My brain.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i have fool froph strategy. throw my kirby into the corner.

bye bye kirby.
who am i shooting?
ah i dont know.
well. atleast im i'm not an an murikan.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
I'm Canadian, hence my weapons are a slingshot (with plenty of pistachios for ammo) and a Jedi Knight limited edition light saber of death and destruction.

Anything else has to be registered and thus putting you on the system... Sooo, yeah.

Note: Beware of canucks stocking up on empty beer bottles... it's a sooper seekrit Canadian tradition how we use them as weapons. But I can't tell you or they'd take away my membership card.

Another Canadian here, but I do have guns. Not a huge amount,I think 12 or so. Only my 2 handguns are registered.Long guns no longer need to be registered in Canada, so your good to go.

As for me,if I didn't have the weapons I have now, I'd be looking for 4 main weapons. 1)shotgun,either 12 or 20 guage.Lots of good ones out there, pick one you like.2)rifle- probably a Ruger M77 in 308,30-06 or .270.be fine with a Rem 700,WIn M70,or a Savage.3).22-make mine a Ruger 10/22,but lots of good options. 4)handgun. Again,tons of good options. .357,45acp,45 colt,40 S&W, pick one with a good track record and that you shoot well.
With those 4, I'd be all set up. I have all those bases covered,except my .22's are bolt actions. I would like to get a 10/22,and probably will next year. I do almost all my hunting with archery gear anymore though,except for predators in the winter.

Many people are under the impression that firearms,and ownership thereof,is rare or difficult in Canada. This is totally false. I've lived in Ontario and Alberta,and have friends/relatives in several other provinces,and there are a huge number of guns and gun owners in all of them. Take a 2 day safety course and get a background check done,pay your fee and your off to the gun shop!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Any large blunt object or a big truck or something.
I would say guns but guns require ammo, and I'm in the UK.
Actually I have an 18th century French bayonet that we found in my late grans attic.
And by the way OP, I counter your bow and arrow with my air powered spear gun!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxclaro

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Another Canadian here, but I do have guns. Not a huge amount,I think 12 or so. Only my 2 handguns are registered.Long guns no longer need to be registered in Canada, so your good to go.

As for me,if I didn't have the weapons I have now, I'd be looking for 4 main weapons. 1)shotgun,either 12 or 20 guage.Lots of good ones out there, pick one you like.2)rifle- probably a Ruger M77 in 308,30-06 or .270.be fine with a Rem 700,WIn M70,or a Savage.3).22-make mine a Ruger 10/22,but lots of good options. 4)handgun. Again,tons of good options. .357,45acp,45 colt,40 S&W, pick one with a good track record and that you shoot well.
With those 4, I'd be all set up. I have all those bases covered,except my .22's are bolt actions. I would like to get a 10/22,and probably will next year. I do almost all my hunting with archery gear anymore though,except for predators in the winter.

Many people are under the impression that firearms,and ownership thereof,is rare or difficult in Canada. This is totally false. I've lived in Ontario and Alberta,and have friends/relatives in several other provinces,and there are a huge number of guns and gun owners in all of them. Take a 2 day safety course and get a background check done,pay your fee and your off to the gun shop!

I love the way you class 12 guns as "not a huge amount"

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zachcasmith

I will be using my .30-06 tomorrow morning for deer.... I hope!

If you don't think you need weapons for protection you should move into Winnipeg's north end for a week. Or, any where in Winnipeg for that matter. What a dump!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i've said it before.... i'll say it again. i'm pretty good with a bo-staff.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I'm Canadian too , and I thought I was the only one that knew about the beer bottle thing !!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
357. magnum
30-30 cal rifle
12 guage 8 shot shotgun
ar15
crossbow
bowie knife
machette
be hard carry em all but ooo raa im ready

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What I'd like to have...

9mm Glock
Mossberg 12 gauge riot
.22 LR
Remington 30.06
20 gauge shotgun
pocket .32
1500 FPS pellet gun (breach action spring)
Little league aluminum baseball bat

What I have...

A really wicked upper-cut

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join