It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Reptilians, The Meaning, The Misinterpretation, and Us! PLEASE READ ALL!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
naming a part of the human brain "reptile" doesn't make you a reptilian, or descended from reptilians.

just like pigeon toes doesn't mean you used to hang out in town squares waiting for someone to throw day old bread at you.

It does not matter what it was named, you could of called it the primitive part of your brain, or the lowest level part of your brain or whatever else, what the op's point was not what it is called, though it is called that for a bunch of reasons, but more to the point of what something is called, would be the point of what something does.

However it got called the reptilian brain for reasons though which were all answered in the op and vids, mostly because it controls basic things such as image/sight, perceptions, flight or fight responses, fear, heart rate, breathing, and even body temperature. The basic things that regulate your body and mind basically.

How it is used mostly is simple, when you go online and watch or read something and if you get any sort of emotional response from it then it has stimulated and been processed through the reptilian part of your brain...Most things on TV on the news and online are there to condition you and stimulate that primitive part of your brain, even when you watch a commercial it is trying to send images into your head and make you buy things and usually it is playing on your most basic instincts and conditions to get responses, ie your reptilian brain. Even in the higher concepts such as fear, the perception of that fear is still regulated and processed by the most primitive part of your brain, ie your reptilian brain.

So naming a part of your brain "reptilian" does not necessarily make you a reptile, it is just an expression that is used in conjuncture to the primitive primal responses that humans in the evolutionary path that at one time were key to survival, over time other parts came to overlap those basic instincts you could say. And so the brain evolved and became more complex, but it is still regulated by its most basic foundation ie the reptilian brain, it is just a name used to categorize a part and time of your evolution for the purpose of better understanding it. It does not make anybody a reptile, it can make people act in certain ways. And given the circumstances ie in a more of there primal or reptilian way, but all of those are just expressions for the purpose and function of that part of the brain. Another thing that it does however if you know what to look for, or what buttons to push, that is it does make you and people rather predictable.

Now reptilians from outer space or other dimensions, well that is an entire different subject even if in some way it is tied.

Anyways dude, most times Google and looking things up are your friends.
The brain
The triune brain

edit on 11-11-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: meh whatever.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hey NRE, I admire your patience in trying to keep this thread on track. You have to appreciate the irony in the posts of those who are judging your OP as marginal; they don't seem to be making it past the pictures of the "reptiles." Their reptilian brains are processing the pictures, and so you get a reptilian deliberation in their replies. By disagreeing* with you, they are lending credence to your point. And more ironically, these people would benefit most from reading your whole post!

*They are disagreeing with a point that you didn't make, but didn't read far enough to notice.

------

As for your actual post, you suggest that manipulating the reptilian brain is a central technique of the power centers[I like this term more than NWO/Illuminati/Banksters/etc., because everybody understands what "power centers" refer to; although "power trust" might be more succinct]. For some reason, I was tempted to disagree with you, and I was going to suggest that the real brain drain is the institutionalized tendency to defer to experts. But this would just be a case of you and I referring to the same thing with different terms.

Clearly though, the reptilian brain mentality is inherently anti-intellectual. It doesn't deal with the abstract; it doesn't change its opinion very easily; it's impressed by political/emotional arguments, like you (or another poster) points out.

I don't know how often Timothy Leary is discussed on this forum, but his theories of the circuits of consciousness is very relevant. I'll let him explain himself:

To understand neurological space, Dr. Leary assumes that the nervous system consists of eight potential circuits, or "gears," or mini-brains. Four of these brains are in the usually active left lobe and are concerned with our terrestrial survival; four are extraterrestrial, reside in the "silent" or inactive right lobe, and are for use in our future evolution. This explains why the right lobe is usually inactive at this stage of our development, and why it becomes active when the person ingests psychedelics.

I. THE BIO-SURVIVAL CIRCUIT This invertebrate brain was the first to evolve (2 to 3 billion years ago) and is the first activated when a human infant is born. It programs perception onto an either-or grid divided into nurturing-helpful Things (which it approaches) and noxious-dangerous Things (which it flees, or attacks). The imprinting of this circuit sets up the basic attitude of trust or suspicion which will ever after trigger approach or avoidance.

II. THE EMOTIONAL CIRCUIT This second, more advanced bio-computer formed when vertebrates appeared and began to compete for territory (perhaps 500,000,000 B.C.). In the individual, this bigger tunnel-reality is activated when the DNA master-tape triggers the metamorphosis from crawling to walking. As every parent knows, the toddler is no longer a passive (bio-survival) infant but a mammalian politician, full of physical (and psychic) territorial demands, quick to meddle in family business and decision-making. Again the first imprint on this circuit remains constant for life (unless brainwashed) and identifies the stimuli which will automatically trigger dominant, aggressive behavior or submissive, cooperative behavior. When we say that a person is behaving emotionally, egotistically or 'like a two-year-old,' we mean that s/he is blindly following one of the tunnel-realities imprinted on this circuit.

Deoxy - The Eight Circuits of Consciousness

I recommend reading as much as you can find on this model, especially from the mouth or fingers of Timothy Leary himself. He discusses the structure of the brain and mind itself, but also suggests how to troubleshoot it and make repairs, because nobody's development is ideal.

---------------

EDIT:

Originally posted by Renegade2283
Also, can some people have a stronger/weaker reptilian aspect to our brain? Or is it all about control of it? I almost feel that the reptilian aspect of my brain is weaker/less pronounced. I have noticed that I display the emotion/thoughts that are associated with the mammalian and human parts more than others I personally know. That and I just feel generally, more "warm blooded".

Yes, definitely. I remember one study in particular that exposed "normal" people to various stimuli that tends to stimulate the reptilian brain, and then they exposed meditation practitioners to the same stimuli. In normal people, the stimuli was met with a fight/flight, either/or mentality and this showed on brain scans. In the case of meditators, the stimuli were processed with the frontal neocortex.

This is probably not describing the same study, and I know it's sort of a layman's source, but without further ado:

Psychology Today: The Benefits of Meditation

Google will turn up more scholarly sources if you prefer.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Samtzurr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
OP, you already distracted everyone with the silly "reptile eyes" photos.

If you wanted to talk about "manipulation of people" base on their emotions -- just talk about that. There's no debate that marketing is about exploiting us with stories or our primal natures.

So you've engendered a misunderstanding and are spending all your time saying; "you don't understand." Pretty clever mental judo there.

>> BTW, snake eyes are pretty common because NTSC signals have "tall pixels" -- more resolution horizontally than vertically. And couple that with JPEG compression (8 pixel blocks) and you get those snake eyes often when their is glare coupled with a lot of compression of the image.

This would have been more fun if we were talking about reptile shape-shifters rather than the "reptile brain" as if this were something original. Heck, we haven't even had the Madonna/Illuminati subliminal messages type conspiracy in some time. We've replaced all the splendid crazy people with Obama haters. And what fun is that?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
regarding the reptilian brain..its just a name, doesnt mean anything to do with reptiles

MacLean originally formulated the triune brain hypothesis in the 1960s, drawing on comparative neuroanatomical work done by Ludwig Edinger, Elizabeth Crosby and C. J. Herrick early in the twentieth century.[3][4] The 1980s saw a rebirth of interest in comparative neuroanatomy, motivated in part by the availability of a variety of new neuroanatomical techniques for charting the circuitry of animal brains. Subsequent findings have refined the traditional neuroanatomical ideas upon which MacLean based his hypothesis.

For example, the basal ganglia (structures derived from the floor of the forebrain and making up MacLean's reptilian complex) were shown to take up a much smaller portion of the forebrains of reptiles and birds (together called sauropsids) than previously supposed, and to exist in amphibians and fishes as well as mammals and sauropsids. Because the basal ganglia are found in the forebrains of all modern vertebrates, they most likely date to the common evolutionary ancestor of the vertebrates, more than 500 million years ago, rather than to the origin of reptiles.

Mixed with a few blurry photographs provided in the op also go a long way to show just how weak the op's theory is in reality.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi

No I don't believe that we have reptilian parts at all. But I do believe you can become one, if you are willing to go to a kind of 'spirit prison' to have a walk-in takeover your body.

The Reptilian brain, or R-Complex is really just the basal ganglia.

It's was called "reptilian' because it is thought to control our more basic animal/primal nature, and it was associated with 'reptiles' because at the time it was believed that they were predominately controlled solely by a similar area of their own brain.

It isn't LITERALLY a 'reptilian organ' inside our own brain. Not at all.
It's a natural part of our own brain that is being CALLED "reptilian".

Like "Crows Feet" for example.

They aren't actually curled bird toes that develop at the corners of our eyes when we age.

It's just a name.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

What he said.
Beat me to it.

And Aileen Wuornos as a reptilian shape-shifter? People really think that?

I know that the OP isn't saying she is one, but that others have...still why would a Reptilian shape-shift into a woman that was abused, abandoned, had a father that was an imprisoned pedophile child-killer, and began prostituting herself at age 11 for food?

Sounds like these evil reptiles are a really masochistic lot.

Thanks,

- Lee

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Who was the person to label the "Areas" in the brain? "Reptilian Brain" ...

Okay in MY reality; I am consciousness, I am Spirit, I am using a physical body to expereince this Earth reality.. the brain that is used to transmit thought and control the brain, to seat my spirit (pineal gland/third eye), is made up %67 fat.

The brain does not control my consciousness, as Im aware I have a brain which allows ME (the consciousness) to control the body vessel. The brain is not aware of my consciousness because its nothing but fat..

Me - the Spirit consciousness - controls the body by means of seating the brain/heart (nervous system) complex.
My body has nothing to do with reptilians, as a tigers brain has nothing to do with reptilians.. just because SOMEONE labeled an area of the brain "reptilian brain" does not mean it has reptilian qualities.

Without my consciousness habiting the Human body; my brrain is useless, as is the rest of my body. This is an experience, and YOU are talking mis information here. Give up on this topic my friend, you are so far from the truth, so is David Icke. I know he has nothing to do with your thread; but if it werent for his made up ideas.. this reptilian thing wouldnt of went this far in peoples minds..

The MOMENT my spirit consciousness leaves this body; the brain, heart, liver, limbs, muscle, bone.. are USELESS, they will be bio-degraded.. back into the Earth's soil. The entire spirit-body experience here on Earrth would not be influenced by reptilian anything.. as experience this all is, nothing more.

My next incarnation will have nothing to do with reptilians.. no mattter what brain and body I inhabit

Goodluck with your ideas.. but I think your wasting your time my friend. Looking into yourself and connecting spiritually, will help you realize that this body and lifetime is just experiences ..the internet can make u wander from the truth..

Peace be

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sweet thread NoRegrets SnF

A mate of mine is actually a cartoonist whose main subject matter is real life issues such as these and last year he actually wrote a comic about this very topic. You should check it out as it is very relevant to your OP.

www.stuartmcmillen.com...

Here's a few teasers...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Thank you for the link, it is bookmarked, and a fantastic addition to the thread

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Look at Siskel "shape-shift" while reviewing an '80s horror movie specifically about the pineal gland:

edit on 12-11-2012 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

This part of our brain is actually being tackled day to day. Fear as so many of us are aware of here is the main goal, always has been, but it has also made us very controllable, quick to act society, as that is what the reptilian part of our brain is there to do.

Very good work noregrets. I have some questions. First is the Reptillian and Human brains fighting for control of the Mammalian brain? Would this explain certain medical phenomenoa like Skizophrenia, or hearing voices?

Second questiion is more an observation that if we look past over the history of film the films pre 80s are more cerebal and filled with stories that build up, and scenes with profound images, and dialogue longs filled with long pauses to allow us to pontificate. The films after that started to lose this style and has progressed to a stage where films are fully of fast cut scenes all happening real fast. Like earlier film is letting our human cerebum stimulate and connect with our mammalian brains emotions and experiences. Films today its the other way around. The Reptilian brain is being stimulated.

Is this just coincidence or are we being experimented on?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I think the truth of the matter, that those with power are often unjust, is difficult for some people to accept.... because they don't know what to do about it. Since you don't know what to do about it, you throw your hands up in the air and claim "aliens" or "god" or "fate" rather than taking steps to change things.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Really interesting explanation. I've heard of the concept long ago from a teacher in highschool. I remember him telling us of how the reptillian brain is recognized in courts of law, whereby some individuals have actually awoken from a deep sleep in this "reptilian mode" and committed acts of severe violence based on primal survival instincts while being completely consciously unaware. It's supposedly regarded as being beyond they're control and intent. I'd be interested to have a closer look at this to see it's validity.

Regardless, very interesting thread S+F

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

A mate of mine is actually a cartoonist whose main subject matter is real life issues such as these

Real life issue........really?

really???

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Just become a "reptilian shapeshifter" yourself. May sound weird in the first moment, but just remember "Riddick" or "Fight fire with fire". So to free people's mind - or allow them to do it themselves - you (probably) need to use the same techniques. Your thread might only be understood by people who are on the same or upper level. To reach the masses you need to use the same kind of manipulation. But there are two "buts":

1. The powerfull won't allow you to do so, so you need to "hack" them first.
2. (Personal) Corruption.

And even if you leave the two points out: Who says your own agenda is better than theirs? Or any other?

Free your mind and just move in and between the lines of the system. (Well, and now "Matrix" just somehow jumps into my mind.)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

NoRegrets, I'm going to throw some thoughts our there. They may not all be coherent but try to follow my train of thought.

Sometime ago I made the connection of our world being a holograph. I discovered this while on a trip to Cozumel and spending some time looking at Mayan structures and civilization. This is the explanation of Drunvalo Melchizedek, based on his contact with the Mayan elders. I had this realization on the very same day that I read a book that explained the very same thing.

If you are saying that the optic nerve is 40 times faster and connected to the repitilian part of the brain and not the more evolved part or cortex, can we then assume that that is where the conflict is within civilization itself? Is the battle of good and evil, a universal problem between the tendencies of the part of the brain that leads from instinct rather than the newer cortex that is required to use a thought and reason associated with moral constructs to influence our world and all worlds connected to bring the vibrational frequencies to a pitch of higher evolution.

If shape shifting is indeed true, and I can understand how it can be accomplished through the manipulation of the holographic frequencies just as we change our environment by our thoughts and vision, then there in my opinion is the crux of understanding the battle of light and darkness. Evolutionary positive thought of good versus the survival instincts of fight or flight.

By Eve eating of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge she lowered her vibration from the evolved part of the mind back to the reptilian part of the mind that could only focus on instinct and survival. The first thing she did when God came back to the garden was to hide herself, which was purely instinctual. The serpent knew that if he could get her to disobey God that she would descend back into the instinctual nature of fight or flight.

When the angels were kicked out of heaven, where they existed in a higher frequency, they were condemned to live as earth bound beings. Once they were cut off from the light they by necessity had to make man, the offspring of God descend from their pure contact with God and the universal energy, in order to survive by creating ways of removing their light and energy to continue to exist. Thus, wars, the releasing of the life force as the blood is spilled, and any kind of death of the corporeal body.

At some point in time when the planetary clock has run it's course then the higher vibrational beings will be removed or moved into a higher vibrational plane of living and existing from the higher evolutionary brain, thus being able to once again live in a world where there is no worry of want, need, or desire, except to serve, as servants of God and his offspring.

There are many references of the devil as a reptile. Archangel Michael slaying the dragon.

If evolution is a universal process then whats not to say that man did start with a reptilian brain and then through some genetic altering or maybe just continued evolution that what ever part of the beginning evolutionary intelligence that existed in him from the very beginning, that this latent gene would require the evolution of the body in the future.

It seems to me that the majority of the people on the planet today are connecting more with their repitilian instinctual brain thus making the way for the survival thought patterns. The more pressure from the Earth's responses the people are losing contact with the evolutionary civil part of the brain.
edit on 12-11-2012 by prophetboy12 because: wanted to add some things.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, from what I have read lately this must be what I see.
True, the eyes are a big give away. The ones I saw didn't change into reptile eyes, but they glowed!
Luminecent... is that the right word? The voices got deeper.
The eyes glowed even when they looked away and looked at the floor.
One of them kept looking from left to right, trying to distract me.
It was so obvious! They just ignored me and never spoke. In the end as they sat there, I just grabbed my bag and walked
Towards the door. I briefly looked back and their eyes were still glowing!
These were top Doctors and I am not scared, but still very much in shock.
What can you do? What can you say? They are here. It is like 'V'
By the way their skin didn't change, but thinking about it they both had very nice tans. Looking
back all 11 I have seen have all had deep holiday tans.
The majority of them all ARE very tall and thin, but not all of them.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Another idiot responding after simply reading the thread title and glancing at few pictures...

Do you actually understand what NoRegrets' thread is even about or did you just see the word 'Reptilians' and your tiny neocortex spluttered to life with the thought of trying to make someone else look as stupid as your post clearly shows you are.

I must admit I'm having trouble understanding the OP, but I think its down to my amphibian brain and my fish brain not getting on together very well.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Retilian brain cortex, primal tasks SEX, SURVIVAL, SELF DEFENCE
Think about it does it really contain answer to what you are saying? It just have nothing to do with shapeshifting, visual manipulation, mind programming.

Visual manipulation when you see fast flash images on videos etc. does impact brains when brains actually gets more active when image flashes comes in rhythm, there are studies when flash images where given to altzheimer patients and they got some relief from it. Flash images makes music videos more appealing.
Reptilian cortex and visual cortex are not even near each others.

Visual cortex is in back of our skulls

And retilian is somewhere in the middle and its quite small

So most likely flash images do not have any effect on that reptilian part of our brains.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join