posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:08 PM
Originally posted by edsinger
An interesting link I found, man does this raise some questions? Just what WOULD happen is the United States did this? Comments?
Maybe we should do what our critics say they want and stop interfering in the world. Maybe we should:
1. Pull our troops out of Iraq within 30 days and let the UN take over, and see what happens.
2. Stop our preferential treatment of Israel, and stop all aid to Israel, and support Palestinian complaints in the UN and the World Court, and see
what happens there.
3. Pull our "provocative" troops and forces out of the Korean peninsula, and renounce our support of South Korea, and see what Kim Jong Il does.
4. Renounce support of Taiwan that so enrages China, and leave them to defend themselves with no help from us, and see how long they remain free.
5. Pull all our troops out of Europe, and shutter the bases there, and pull the
peacekeeping troops out of the Balkans.
6. Radically cut back our exports of "corrupting" culture like American movies and fast food and so forth, and see what happens to the world
And then, maybe, at least some people outside the U.S. would realize that, for all our sins, we've done - and are still doing - more good than ill,
even if the Haliburton Corporation does profit from our actions sometimes.
And, frankly, if the U.S. wasn't the sole superpower, someone else would be in the top spot. Does anyone REALLY want Jacques Chirac to have the power
that President Bush has? Or, worse, the nice people who run the People's Republic of China? Or Bashar Assad, or the Mullahs of Iran, or Osama bin
Laden? Or Kim Jong Il?
Please don't put the entire post in bold - dbates
[edit on 20-10-2004 by dbates]
1. hah. Cut and run. You made the mess so you have to deal with it. Don't go running to the UN because you can't handle it.
2. Within weeks Israel will cease to exist on the map.
3. Are you insane? You propose giving up a massive strategic foothold just to see what the other guy would do? Oh god. Oh dear god.
4. Good joke. Gamble the lives of millions
Ah screw the numbers, they're all stupid.
Well done. You've constructed a sound policy for pissing the entire world off at you and building a sheltered isolationist state on par with North
Korea If these were ever implemented then no nation would ever do business with America again.
You are either crazy, misinformed or just stupid. I'm going with all three.