The World hates the US and I found a Potential Solution?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Vincere7, thanks for the belly laugh, and as ludicrous as some of it is, there is much logic in it at the same time.

Whomever created those points did so thinking that the reader would autmatically clasp their face and cry nooooooo. (S)he just didn't stop to think about why the US is everywhere, but to find out the answer, just do pull all troops from around the globe and see which countries set up shop where and enjoys the empirical economical spoils and might.

One person commented about democracy, well dare I say, if you are shut tight in your Utopia of the Sates of America enjoying your democracy, why would you care how the rest of the world is living?

I heartily endorse pulling all aid from Israel, and should be the number one priority.

[edit on 10/21/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
somewhereinbetween - I believe your last comment on Israel will come to pass in that the U.S will pull all aid and protection from Israel and even fight against her. The Jewish books of the prophets have predicted for centuries that the entire world will hate Israel and fight against her on that great day known as the "Day of the Lord."

All other prophecies concerning Israel have come true so I don't see why this one won't either. It is also mentioned that Russia will attack Israel during this time, and their armies will be completely destroyed in the mountains and plains of Megiddo.

Here is a plague described coming on those who attack Israel in the great Day of the Lord:

"And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth."

Now mind you this was written around 520 BCE. Pretty crazy if you take that into consideration with the weapons we have today.

"Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2: For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3: Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4: And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

There are many writings and prophecies concerning the "Day of the Lord." The interesting part about it all is actually watching the emergence of nations as depicted over the last 2500 years and the military structure and policies of these nations. Just like Babylon or Baghdad being taken by the U.S. another prophecy fulfilled.

Sorry for getting off topic just though I'd point out some interesting things that people rarely discuss.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7

There are many writings and prophecies concerning the "Day of the Lord." The interesting part about it all is actually watching the emergence of nations as depicted over the last 2500 years and the military structure and policies of these nations. Just like Babylon or Baghdad being taken by the U.S. another prophecy fulfilled.

Sorry for getting off topic just though I'd point out some interesting things that people rarely discuss.

Well I will, Prophecy is one of my favorite things.

In this Babylon Prophecy you speak of, are you refering to:

Isa 13:19 Babylon, the jewel of kingdoms, the glory of the Babylonians' pride, will be overthrown by God like Sodom and Gomorrah.
Isa 13:20 She will never be inhabited or lived in through all generations; no Arab will pitch his tent there, no shepherd will rest his flocks there.
Isa 13:21 But desert creatures will lie there, jackals will fill her houses; there the owls will dwell, and there the wild goats will leap about.
Isa 13:22 Hyenas will howl in her strongholds, jackals in her luxurious palaces. Her time is at hand, and her days will not be prolonged.

Well this one hasnt quite been fufilled (yet)

I Love the study of prophecy!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ok as promised, since these were not my ideas I will post my thoughts. But it is kinda funny how many thought they were mine
Tells me they like to bitch without reading the posts

1. Pull our troops out of Iraq within 30 days and let the UN take over, and see what happens.

This is a bad idea, Iraq is our only real shot at success in the middle east. They were the most secular of the arab peoples and women were already allowed to do things. These folks will love freedom if the US has the stomach to stay the course. The damage to Islamic fundementalism will be imense, as that is why they fight it so hard.

2. Stop our preferential treatment of Israel, and stop all aid to Israel, and support Palestinian complaints in the UN and the World Court, and see what happens there.

Absolutely NOT! Screw the World Court! Thats another plus for GW Bush in my book. We should satnd with Isreal at all costs, precisely because the Word of God tells us to and we have been blessed as He said we would.

3. Pull our "provocative" troops and forces out of the Korean peninsula, and renounce our support of South Korea, and see what Kim Jong Il does.

I would pull them out. South Korea can take care of itself. We have been funding their defense long enough. We can still provide air cover etc and maybe small amounts of troops , but they are not really needed there anymore. In the numbers they are there at, they are only targets at this point.

4. Renounce support of Taiwan that so enrages China, and leave them to defend themselves with no help from us, and see how long they remain free.

Well nope! I would recognize it as a free nation! If they later wish to join China when communism fully fails as it has all over, that woudl be their voting choice.

5. Pull all our troops out of Europe, and shutter the bases there, and pull the peacekeeping troops out of the Balkans.

Nope Leave em in the UK , Italy ,and Poland if they will have us. 100% out fo Germany

6. Radically cut back our exports of "corrupting" culture like American movies and fast food and so forth, and see what happens to the world economy.

Well we are the consumers so it would hurt us more than them. They have to have the US Dollar so it would hurt them, but they would survive.

Well there you have have it. My opinions of this very interesting post I found.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It seems me and you ed have something in common. But the passage I was referring to is:

1: And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2: And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3: For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4: And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5: For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6: Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
7: How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
8: Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9: And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10: Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
11: And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: Revelation 18: 1-11

I believe the prophecy you quoted and Revelation as well. Baghdad is going to be nuked one day.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
well edsinger it is your thread and you do imply that the world hates the US in your thread title and claim to have found a solution to a non-existent problem.

I think by far the general consensus is "we dont hate the US, just the govt" or "we don't hate the US, just Bush".

the vast majority of people don't hate americans. It is as simple as that. I wish you would come to realise this but sadly you are blinded by the patriotic fervor stirred up by Bush, this notion that if the world doesn't like the incompetent warmongering regime that is in power in the United States currently means that we hate America as well. This is simply far from the truth.

America is the people on the streets, not a bureaucratic apparatus.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

It seems me and you ed have something in common. But the passage I was referring to is:

I believe the prophecy you quoted and Revelation as well. Baghdad is going to be nuked one day.

Yes we do, well I tend to read that as being during the 7 years m8, and I do not yet think we have entered that time period. In these verses, Iraq has power and immense power, and Iraq of the present day (10years) does not. I could be wrong but I do not see it that way.

The verses I posted could very well have meant the Persians, and they did overtake the original Babylon.

Originally posted by drfunk
well edsinger it is your thread and you do imply that the world hates the US in your thread title and claim to have found a solution to a non-existent problem.

Dr Funk, you better go back and read what I said at the very front of the post. I said I had found it.

kix

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Iraq is more powerful today than before the wai , why?

Because the Us politics are completely polarized by the recent war.
Because The US has spent a incredible high price for the war and will continue to do for WHO KNOWS HOW LONG (my guess is till you go bankrupt or have another 9/11 that day people will begin to grasp that Osama Bin Laden is still at large)
Because th einternational comunity has more simpathy for the Iraq people than th e US GOVERNMENT (the Olympiad innguration ring a Bell?)
Because now more than ever Iraq is crucial for balancing the Oil market.
Because Saddam is still alive.

Funny thing like 7 years ago a Iranian citizen told me that Saddam was a hero in Iraq and considered by most to be the Winner or victorious in the Gulf (1991) war !!!!
I said "you are crazy!, the US and the coalition forces kicked Saddam ass in no time!
He told me that in Islamic countries he who outlives or out powers his opponent is considered a Victor, so when GB lost the 1992 election and Saddam was still in power they had parties all over Iraq.
By the Same token if GWB looses on Nov 2 most will think is a victory for Iraq , that is just to prove that Middle east traditions and beliefs are VERY diferent from western beliefs...

but back to topic I really wish this earth would put aside a lot of problems and attack more serious threats like contamination, famine, and poverty but alas thats Utopia never has and probably never will...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
An interesting link I found, man does this raise some questions? Just what WOULD happen is the United States did this? Comments?

Maybe we should do what our critics say they want and stop interfering in the world. Maybe we should:

1. Pull our troops out of Iraq within 30 days and let the UN take over, and see what happens.

2. Stop our preferential treatment of Israel, and stop all aid to Israel, and support Palestinian complaints in the UN and the World Court, and see what happens there.

3. Pull our "provocative" troops and forces out of the Korean peninsula, and renounce our support of South Korea, and see what Kim Jong Il does.

4. Renounce support of Taiwan that so enrages China, and leave them to defend themselves with no help from us, and see how long they remain free.

5. Pull all our troops out of Europe, and shutter the bases there, and pull the
peacekeeping troops out of the Balkans.

6. Radically cut back our exports of "corrupting" culture like American movies and fast food and so forth, and see what happens to the world economy.

And then, maybe, at least some people outside the U.S. would realize that, for all our sins, we've done - and are still doing - more good than ill, even if the Haliburton Corporation does profit from our actions sometimes.

And, frankly, if the U.S. wasn't the sole superpower, someone else would be in the top spot. Does anyone REALLY want Jacques Chirac to have the power that President Bush has? Or, worse, the nice people who run the People's Republic of China? Or Bashar Assad, or the Mullahs of Iran, or Osama bin Laden? Or Kim Jong Il?

www.elevendayempire.com...

Please don't put the entire post in bold - dbates

[edit on 20-10-2004 by dbates]

You really have no clue do you ..

Those are only things we hear about... (and WHO do we hear about it from?)
-not to mention-
Theres lots we DON'T hear about ..
This world is a lot different than you think it is.. start living in the movie..

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Hehe I just keep proving my point! No one can read! hehe

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Yes we do, well I tend to read that as being during the 7 years m8, and I do not yet think we have entered that time period. In these verses, Iraq has power and immense power, and Iraq of the present day (10years) does not. I could be wrong but I do not see it that way.

Of course that is during the seven years. Also many people have it wrong since the 60's when pre trib became very popular by the likes of Hal Lindsey, God bless em, and many other writers concerning the EU as the revived roman empire.

It would take too much writing to delve into this and it's off topic but bottomline the only way the seven years can come about is that the whole world must be conquered through warfare first. Many preach, as does VanImpe, that the end days are fast approacing and that the EU is the revived Roman Empire and that they will conquer the globe - not so.

Militarily and financially they cannot do it - nor are they the 4th kingdom as spoken of in Daniel. The revived Roman Empire bit is just a theory and a false one at that. Rome NEVER controlled the whole earth, as told by Daniel, just much of Europe, so Rome does not qualify nor does any kingdom in history. That is why it was said that it will be a new kingdom never seen before that will control the whole earth and stamp it down.

Now if you look at this militariily you can only come to this conclusion:

The only country capable of conquering the globe is us, the good ol' USA. With the help of Europe we can smash the earth and then take europe. The new seat of power will of course be in Rome where all great dictators have ruled throughout the eons.

The only question is this: Could the USA take the world in your lifetime? Probably not. Making war and conquering nations takes a long time; especially the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The only question is this: Could the USA take the world in your lifetime? Probably not. Making war and conquering nations takes a long time; especially the world.

Good theory, but one thing would stop it. The Christians. I can not see this happening until the United States becomes an unChristian nation, and that will not happen anytime soon unless............

Well that is a whole other theory, but that theory is what actually brought me to ATS in the first place.....

Thanks

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
We are well on our way to becoming an unchristian nation ed. Hey it's late shouldn't you be asleep? I'm going to get my 4 hours in goodnight.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Just your friendly neighborhood Mod stopping in to see what going on. Please refrain from usuing big quotes, or quotes withing quotes etc. and the one line rplies as well. Also, as hard as it may be sometimes kinly stay on topic. Im not pointing fingers at anybody tonight, just a frendly little reminder to all.

Thanks
FredT

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
To those of you who seem to thnk that a policy of isolationism would hurt the US economically I have two words for you, Trade Defecit. You see the US currently has a multibillion dollar Trade defecit which means we spend more on foreign goods than we make on exports. In other words If we were to break all ties the US would actually have More money than we do now. The world needs the US economically much more than we need it.
China and Europe would be hardest hit as our trade defecits with them are the largest.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Edsinger I think it is you who cannot read, nowhere do i make referral to that you are the one who wrote those steps only to say that you posted this thread and you wrote the title plus some words at the bottom.

Mwm1311, while you are correct there is an overall trade deficit in the US economy, you do not take into account that there are a lot of US multi-nationals who make a lot of dough overseas and that the trade deficit is overall, while some sectors of the US economy make a deficit or surplus, so economic benefits would vary in different sectors of the economy.

Trade deficit/surplus show only one part of the connectedness of the global economy.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What about my kissinger solution?!?! No one even bothered to adress it.

Like i had said string that guy up infrom of the UN building and the world might actually believe the US wants change...

As long as Dr.Evil (thats spelled Kissinger in american) gets a pat on the back for a job well done... well.. how can i put this... it claer that the US is only interested in anihilating the poorer and the browner amoungst us.

No thoughts on that? None?

Ok in terms of realism its outrageous. Dr. Evil will get medals for his loyalty and service... but in terms of actually adressing the "root cause" it is a valid point surely.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
anyone watch america an empire built on sand?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war."

--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

Where is Richard Nixon now that we finally need him?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by Otts
*sigh* What I'm trying to say is that the United States may be important to what happens on the world scene, but other countries don't appreciate being made to feel that they're lesser than the almighty US of A. We may not have your military might, but some of us have done pretty well at dealing with crises before. The world will not fall apart because the US chooses to focus on itself - and I'm not passing judgment on that - we'll just reorganize things around other groupings like the EU or the Commonwealth to fill in the void.

Agreed...

...fill the void: Thats what the CAPITALISTS are Afraid will Happen!!

The EU?????????????????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join