It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World hates the US and I found a Potential Solution?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
An interesting link I found, man does this raise some questions? Just what WOULD happen is the United States did this? Comments?

Maybe we should do what our critics say they want and stop interfering in the world. Maybe we should:

1. Pull our troops out of Iraq within 30 days and let the UN take over, and see what happens.

2. Stop our preferential treatment of Israel, and stop all aid to Israel, and support Palestinian complaints in the UN and the World Court, and see what happens there.

3. Pull our "provocative" troops and forces out of the Korean peninsula, and renounce our support of South Korea, and see what Kim Jong Il does.

4. Renounce support of Taiwan that so enrages China, and leave them to defend themselves with no help from us, and see how long they remain free.

5. Pull all our troops out of Europe, and shutter the bases there, and pull the
peacekeeping troops out of the Balkans.

6. Radically cut back our exports of "corrupting" culture like American movies and fast food and so forth, and see what happens to the world economy.

And then, maybe, at least some people outside the U.S. would realize that, for all our sins, we've done - and are still doing - more good than ill, even if the Haliburton Corporation does profit from our actions sometimes.

And, frankly, if the U.S. wasn't the sole superpower, someone else would be in the top spot. Does anyone REALLY want Jacques Chirac to have the power that President Bush has? Or, worse, the nice people who run the People's Republic of China? Or Bashar Assad, or the Mullahs of Iran, or Osama bin Laden? Or Kim Jong Il?

www.elevendayempire.com...

Please don't put the entire post in bold - dbates

[edit on 20-10-2004 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
That's all good sound isolationist policy.

Could you please design, implement and accelerate your program for removing crap fast food from the global village, as a matter of urgency.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I totally 100% agree with this. Pull ALL our troops out of EVERY
country and bring them home to guard our borders from the crud
flowing in daily. Stop ALL aid to ALL foreign countries that want to
bad mouth the US.
Let the world stand on their own two feet for a change and see
how much of a challenge that is without the aid from America.
To heck with Iran, Iraq, China, Taiwan, both Koreas, France, Germany,
Russia and a whole lot more. Nuke each other and kill yourself off
like dogs. Who gives a rats butt about these slimeballs anymore?
You have a very good idea ED.

ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You guys might finally find that the world doesn't revolve around you. The United States may be a strong country, it may be influential, but I'm tired of people acting as though the rest of the world outside the United States are worthless SOBs unable to do anything.

DISCLAIMER - This post is NOT by any means an attack on the American nation, which I respect very much. It is a criticism of U.S. policy.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
OTTS:

You think YOU have criticism of American government policy?
Try living here and you will find out first hand what policy is all
about.
We couldn't care less about the world revolving around the US.
And I don't believe I read anywhere in this thread about the rest
of the world being worthless SOB's.
Just try to get along without all the billions that some seem to think
falls out of the trees everytime they get the hankering for whining
for help. I am all for shutting off all other countries for every reason.
We will survive without ANY of you.

ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
LOL! If the UN took over Iraq the Taliban and Al-Qaeda and Tawhid and Jihad and all them would rule the place in less than a month, I guarantee it! The UN is too lax with these kinda things, and the input from terrorist-ran country is a bad thing.

Anyways, the world doesn't hate the U.S.

Alot of the world dislikes us, but not hates us. Over 30 countries support us, so it isn't everyone. And, within the countries that do dislike us? Alot of the citizens support us as well. It is unfair to say everyone hates us, just an heads up.

-wD

EDIT: LoL, wait, the U.S. policy IS supporting alot of the world! Think about it, We pour billions of dollars into aid for less fortunate countries - even the ones we dislike! Come on now. I agree - lets stop foreign aid and see how many countries still hate us. Let 'em live on their own. Let em go to war. Let them get from the UN! lol...like that would do any good - there's too many leaders in there and not enough workers.

-wD

[edit on 20-10-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've always supported the idea of a massive U.S. troop deployment and the destination would be the U.S, soil. I would bring every piece of equipment, building materials, office supplies, signs, fences, etc...down to the last paperclip back to the United States of America. Of course this would be limited on to the countries that dispute our policies.

I would cut off all trade with countries that dispute us. None of their products here and none our our products there. We can take care of ourselves and our allies and sit back and watch the world destroy themselves.

The only reason countries that hate us want to trade with us, is because they can send us their cheap crap for good currency. If they were buying our products like we buy theirs, we'd have to import labor to meet product demands. Not a single person in the U.S. would be out of a job.

We, and our allies, don't need to interact with the third world or the developing nations to suvive. But they certainly need our cash to even meet any kind of basic necessity of a modern society.

If they hate us then, let them eat cake!
They don't need us!

[edit on 20/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I agree with some, if not all of it. But doesn't the author just sound like a little kid who doesn't get his chocolate and is like "i hate you, i'm never talking to you again." You know, kind of taking the malcontent with the US a little too far?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
*sigh* What I'm trying to say is that the United States may be important to what happens on the world scene, but other countries don't appreciate being made to feel that they're lesser than the almighty US of A. We may not have your military might, but some of us have done pretty well at dealing with crises before. The world will not fall apart because the US chooses to focus on itself - and I'm not passing judgment on that - we'll just reorganize things around other groupings like the EU or the Commonwealth to fill in the void.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Some of the ideas are good but you just can't pull out troops from say Iraq when you caused the mess in the first place.
As for cutting back on exports like movies, that would a great idea. A lot less American propeganda on the worlds screens.
But if all the things listed where done then the USA would fall apart and would no longer be a superpower and would probably never get back there. The union would fall into civil war which would help your military/industrial ecomony in the short term.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Good post Edslinger

I agree on many of those items.

kix

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
quote Ed singer____

6. Radically cut back our exports of "corrupting" culture like American movies and fast food and so forth, and see what happens to the world economy.
en quote...

The US Imports more than it exports, so some of your isolasionist premises would bankrupt the US. also I think each nation has to look for themselves JUST AS THE US, so th eUS is not and should be not the "police" of the world.

If China incades taiwan so what?, if northkorea Nukes south Korea So what? if Israel nukes or get nuked (same for India and Pakistan), what do we care?, ops I forgot that the US has VERY high Money interest in those countries and also High political hegemony in those areas...so that wont happen EVER.

nice dreams too...ah and by the way the fast food crap you can keep it ...and also the hollywood flicks (it is a running joke here that the US should have sent RAMBO, SWARZENEGER and BRUCE WILLYS to fight Sadamm they would have won in 2 days tops...!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
*sigh* What I'm trying to say is that the United States may be important to what happens on the world scene, but other countries don't appreciate being made to feel that they're lesser than the almighty US of A. We may not have your military might, but some of us have done pretty well at dealing with crises before. The world will not fall apart because the US chooses to focus on itself - and I'm not passing judgment on that - we'll just reorganize things around other groupings like the EU or the Commonwealth to fill in the void.

Agreed...

...fill the void: Thats what the CAPITALISTS are Afraid will Happen!!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well KIX, I see you are from Mexico City. Your country would be
the very first on MY list to shut off completely. You can all stay down
there in your little filthicated cardboard shacks in your filthicated
cities where you earn 6 cents an hour.
You can keep your thousands that slither across the border daily,
and have your little rug rats in Mexico. We are fed up with your
demands for free medical, free hospital care, free food, free handouts,
free, free, free. And then you have the gonads to say you are being
discriminated against because we expect you to speak the language.
I have seen how you people operate in this country.
I have rentals where I live, and I have been very stupid to rent out
to South of the Border types. You have one or two rent a house, then
within a week 15 of you sneak in, in the middle of the night, destroy
our property, and then whine about how you are going to sue the
landlords if we don't kiss your A$$.
I would bring ALL of our troops home from abroad, and the first place I
would station them is along the border, arm in arm, and see how fast
you slither across the border leaving your trash and filth everywhere
you walk.
You talk about policing the world? You guys down south should start
policing your vile, corrupt, filthicated country first and quit whining about
us in the US. We don't need you people either.
You don't need our fast food any more than we need your tacos and
refried beans. Have a good day!
ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Point by point:

1. Pull our troops out of Iraq within 30 days and let the UN take over, and see what happens.

The United States is an overbearing superpower. We have the power, technology and resources to control 80% of the rest of the world. By initiating a UN takeover of the Iraqi occupation, we enabled the remainder of the world (the 20% who we wish to takeover, control or influence -- but can't) to see us as weak, disabled, downtrodden or simply pansy. Bush won't have this, and America certainly won't have the repurcussions no matter how much we'll think it's the best thing to do. Question: If occupying Iraq shows the remainder of the world that we have devotion to 'cause', the stamina and willpower to stick it out -- and by showing all of these things we flex our international muscle and keep people like Kim Il and Ayatollah Ali Khamenei that we mean business, don't you think that is worth occupying a country and taking the repurcussions of that? Our ability to stay in Iraq determines our future standing with the rest of the countries we 'really' should worry about.

Think about it like this: a block of neighbors exists, and within that block of neighbors on a typical street you have two or three up-and-coming bullies. So, to avoid having those bullies team up, agress against you -- action necessary becomes the inevitable takeover of a weaker members house in the same street, on the same block. It sends several messages to the up-and-coming bullies:

-> Don't F*** with me, look at what I'm doing over here, wanna tango?
-> I hate bullies, because I took care of this lesser bully
-> I have the strenth and power to engage whom I want, when I want

This is a very complicated world, but if you simplify things to analogies then you can begin to understand how some of it works. We're all human, and this is simply human behavior.

2. Stop our preferential treatment of Israel, and stop all aid to Israel, and support Palestinian complaints in the UN and the World Court, and see what happens there.

See point my response to your point #1. We have to take sides. Our side is *not* with the Arabs or middle eastern cultures. It's just that simple.

3. Pull our "provocative" troops and forces out of the Korean peninsula, and renounce our support of South Korea, and see what Kim Jong Il does.

DEFINED (mine): Provocative: to provocate, or instigate, or start because you acted first.

That doesn't quite align with why we're doing it. To make this response to #3 short, we won't pull our troops out of S. Korea because it weakens our stance with #1.

Really, reviewing all of the salient points above, it really comes down to this:

WE ARE THE NEW ROME! We will (and can, and should) act like Romans.

However, this doesn't speak to our downfall, nor our ability to be trumped. In the end, world politics are a larger part of this world than a single opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow Ed even your opponents agree with you! We all see the wisdom in the point you are trying to make. Good job Ed you got my vote.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

lol, these are private companies. The US gov shutting up shop around the world does not mean that private companies cannot still trade globally. When you say "our" I don't think these large corporations have you in mind when they make their billions. If they were suddenly told to stop trading internationally, what do you think would happen to the American economy, hmmm?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The American economy would suffer if we isolated ourselves but we have enough accumulated wealth to keep going until we change our ways to better accomodate our new isolationistic ways. The world on the other hand is poor as dirt compared to America. Europe would be good for a bit but the South East Asian economic boom would stop dead meanwhile Africa and the Middle East would as usual be the worst places on the Earth.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Frankly I belive you are right...

Pull everyone out ( including Military ) of every country...

Build a wall around ALL our borders, and say "F you, you don't like us, then do it on your own"...

I IMHO don't think we should be the police for the Globe, people don't like us then F them, we'll leave them alone...

Just don't come to us asking for help...

The End...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Here's a better solution!

GET RID OF BUSH!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join