It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Fires On US Drone

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
FACTS:
1.) The drone was unarmed.
2.) The drone was over International waters/outside of Iranian airspace
3.) The drone was not hit...and returned safely

Is this an 'Act of War'?...It's certainly an Act of Aggression'!

WHAT will Barry-O do?

edit on 8-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

Barry-O,
will let his Israeli, Zionist, Jews and Christians, of their leads, and enter war with Iran

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

And what makes this one so special? It's not the first one they've shot down.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

They had no right to shoot at it but people are acting like they killed somebody. It's not really a big deal.

Killing people is not the only act of war or aggression.

Is that ok if someones steal or damage your car? Its only a machine....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by palg1

They fired the gun at it. Firing a gun from one plane at another is extremely difficult when you have a HUD that computes lead point. When you're using a ground attack plane in a mission it wasn't meant for, it's even harder. It doesn't matter if they had laser designation or not, they used the gun.

The fact that the Predator is so slow makes it harder, not easier. You have a relatively fast mover taking on a slow mover. They would have to have everything dragging (flaps, gear, etc) to get down to a speed where they could have a relatively easy gun shot at the Predator, and then you run into the problem of stalling when you try to get the gun on target.

But taking their avionics, targeting systems and training together they should not have missed. Any fighter pilot worth his salt (at least the one I know, and who I asked) will tell you that they are trained in these tactics regardless of the low speed their opposition is flying at.

Btw, where did it say they only used their guns?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
LOl, shows how weak Iran really is, outdated tech, outdated planes..Can't even shoot a UAV.. UAV's are pretty big, almost size of a small aircraft.. That must be pretty embaressing..The UAV is just chilling, radar picks up two boogies coming at it, missles launched..they miss without the UAV even deploying it's flares..than the Migs fly back to Iran's base in shame.. It seems to me Iran is claiming they're peaceful and all this crap, than why instigate with a country that could demolish you if they really wanted too. like 2-3 aircraft carriers from US. is more air power than all of Iran lmao. Just think about it, if US deployed like 7 aircraft carriers, do you know how much damage it could do to a country?? that's just about 600+ airplanes bombing the shiz out of you every hour.. Than Iran has the balls to say, anyone with nukes is "mentally retarded" soo, you basicly call your allies "retarded" very smooth..
edit on 9-11-2012 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by live2beknown
LOl, shows how weak Iran really is, outdated tech, outdated planes..Can't even shoot a UAV.. UAV's are pretty big, almost size of a small aircraft.. That must be pretty embaressing..The UAV is just chilling, radar picks up two boogies coming at it, missles launched..they miss without the UAV even deploying it's flares..than the Migs fly back to Iran's base in shame.. It seems to me Iran is claiming they're peaceful and all this crap, than why instigate with a country that could demolish you if they really wanted too. like 2-3 aircraft carriers from US. is more air power than all of Iran lmao. Just think about it, if US deployed like 7 aircraft carriers, do you know how much damage it could do to a country?? that's just about 600+ airplanes bombing the shiz out of you every hour.. Than Iran has the balls to say, anyone with nukes is "mentally retarded" soo, you basicly call your alleys "retarded" very smooth..

[Snip] I'd like you to go back over your comment, and see if you can rewrite it using "truth".

The Iranian planes used guns against the drone, if they used missiles, the drone would be in millions of tiny little peices. The Iranians have brought down the most advanced US drone without using munitions of any kind.

Mod Edit: Personal comment removed. Please see Civility and Decorum are Required Thank you - Jak
edit on 9/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wasteoftime

Oh yeah, Iran have the best army and Air Force in the world, I`m afraid they will conquer the world.....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma

Oh yeah, Iran have the best army and Air Force in the world, I`m afraid they will conquer the world.....

Seems to me like you are itching for war. I'd be careful if I were you, you'll find Iran's Army and Air force are not so weak as you claim.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

[Snip] even with machine guns, they embaressed them selves..I bet they would even miss with a missile, they probably did shoot missiles and noticed they missed, so they said they used their machine guns to look less like a loser.. I'm not all pro America, but it's common sense to know, America would demolish Iran if they truly wanted too..Afghan and Iraq, they were just toying with the enemy..Anyways.
edit on 9-11-2012 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Comment removed. Please see Civility and Decorum are Required Thank you - Jak
edit on 9/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Multiple sources have said that the Predator caught the whole thing on camera, and it only showed gun fire.

These weren't fighter pilots though. They are trained primarily in ground attack, not air to air. That's like asking an A-10 pilot to shoot something down. They might get lucky now and then, but they're not going to be good at it. These were Republican Guard pilots as well. I'm not sure if they are trained up to the standards of Iranian Air Force pilots, or if they are trained in the basics of what they need to do and sent out.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

First, there's no evidence that Iran had anything to do with the RQ-170 or if they just say they did.

Second, even using missiles they might have missed. Israel had to use two missiles against the drone that they shot down recently, because the first one missed. I would say that their pilots are trained better than any Iranian pilots, but they still missed. It happens.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Seems to me like you are itching for war. I'd be careful if I were you, you'll find Iran's Army and Air force are not so weak as you claim.

Even Israel can take Iran, what they will do? Use their pre-historical aircrafts?
edit on 9-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Even Israel can take Iran, what they will do? Use their pre-historical aircrafts?
edit on 9-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

You mean things like the Mig 29 from 1990? Or the Dassault Mirage from 1991? Or the HESA Saeqeh from 2007? It's funny that you say they use pre historical aircraft, I'm sure if you weren't such a war mongering, patronising little man, you'd see that they have quite a modern military, comparible in age with much of the west. What is more interesting, is that they have maintained a modern military despite the US aggression they have suffered for decades.

JAK

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Fair Warning:

Please note Civility and Decorum are Required

Thank you,

Jak

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

The Iranian air force is nothing to sneeze at. They aren't as good as Western air forces, but they aren't going to roll over and die either. They actually have a pretty decent military, especially for the region.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I know that, I was just exaggerating to our "friend".

Obviously they have a decent air force, that can be dominant in the region. But they cannot face the US in a full confrontation.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

They had every right to fly a Predator in international airspace

Do you know it was in International airspace or are you just being gullible and believing what you are told?

I think the Predator only carries four Hellfires

I see, now I understand what unarmed means!

edit on 8/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

I think I will sit here and eat some Jumbo Shrimp with my Skinny Wife while I check into this Unarmed Predator. I wonder if there is any Senate Intelligence available.

Does anyone remember the one they commandeered and landed a while back? They didn't come take it from us, we took it to them and then they took control of it and landed it. Is it any stretch to think they couldn't get control of this one and it made it back to international waters? Might "unarmed" simply mean "not armed anymore"? For example if you start out with 4 hellfire missles, launch 4 hellfire missles at targets and it is now "unarmed".

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I know that, I was just exaggerating to our "friend".

Obviously they have a decent air force, that can be dominant in the region. But they cannot face the US in a full confrontation.

If people who live in caves and only have one pair of sandals for the whole family in Afghanistan can deliver thousands of flag draped boxes back to the US, I don't think Iran will have a problem.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wishful1gnorance
I like how they use the words "unarmed Predator". That just seems I dunno illogical... I mean did it just get done dumping it's pay load and was returning to home base? I don't blame Iran, they want us to leave them alone, but we are the ones showing our aggressive nature. I really hope we don't go to war with Iran, but the media has perverted people's minds just one to many times, there are so many people willing and ready to fight them for no reason. It's sad we can do very little to stop our military aggression in the region.

Not all drones are armed. Some models are some are just for reconnaissance apparently this was one of them.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join