It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Fires On US Drone

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

Just a friendly drone, minding its own business. On vacation, probably, a few miles away from a country we're looking for an excuse to go to war with.

An innocent drone was almost harmed! When will these hateful attacks against our drones stop???? They have drone wives and baby drones at home.

Obviously we must nuke Tehran to stop this anti-droneism.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Snsoc because: improper formatting

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Wait didnt the SU 25 frogfoots not have a control malfunction and veered off course and the weapons systems were malfunctioning resulting in the drone being shot down by accident , well thats what I heard !

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

They could have with another aircraft. I'm not surprised that they missed, using the Frogfoot. If you remember the Israelis had to shoot two missiles at the drone they shot down, and that was from an F-16, which was designed to shoot down other aircraft. The Frogfoot was designed to shoot tanks.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
IMO this was just the pilots being asses. They probably just shot their guns in the general vicinity. The Su-25 is designed as an air to ground fighter/ bomber.

It is not meant for air to air combat. It is armored and sluggish compared to any air combat aircraft. It is used for ground support.

Why would Iran use it to shoot down an agile, light drone when they have other air craft that can do the job better than that soviet areal tank?

reply to post by Laxpla

Most likely it was Iran just trying to instigate and harass the Predator, test the reactions, etc.,

Yeah, probably.
edit on 9-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I'm no big fan of Iran, but c'mon! What would America do if they found an Iranian UAV hovering over the states? Just let it slide?

Sorry, but the Iranians had every right to shoot this down. As does the US and every sovereign nation.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Beavers

Except that our instrument of war was in international airspace where it had every right to be. What if it had been an RC-135, or a C-17? Or even worse, an A320, or 737? They had every right to fly a Predator in international airspace, wherever they wanted to, without it being shot at.

But Turkey doesn't have a right to sail a transport ship with humanitarian aid and peace activists through international waters to Gaza?

And you're going to believe the Pentagon -- the government agency that brought us the Gulf of Tonkin lie? The US government has lied to us about WMD's in Iraq and the claim that all those in Gitmo are not just terrorists, but "the worst of the worst." Why believe anything the US has to say about Iran?

Moreover, how would folks be feeling if Iranian drones were flying 19 miles off the coast of the US? I might add, how do we know this drone had been over Iranian airspace before getting back out to sea? As usual, the narrow-minded, double-standard, pro-US-government view rears its ugly head.

As to the fact that the Iranians apparently failed to bring this drone down, consider it a first encounter of this type. Both sides learn in warfare, and I assume the Iranians will up their game. Are people aware that the US didn't encrypt guidance signals on many of its drones, which is one of the reasons Iran was able to hijack one? Letting secret high-tech weapons and surveillance systems fall into your enemies' hands isn't too cool. It helps the enemy leapfrog technology as well as counter your systems.

People claiming that this single incident proves Iran is incapable of countering or shooting down US drones are as deluded as the folks claiming that the polls were all biased in favor of Obama. And chances are they are the same people. Good luck that manufactured reality stuff.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Talk about ignorance. You clearly didn't read the article.You,like many others here always find a reason to bash the US.Trust me dude,we could do something about it.I'm not saying we should but in general,yes we could.I feel sorry for the people here who actually think Iran would stand a chance in a war agains the US.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

Sorry, but the Iranians had every right to shoot this down. As does the US and every sovereign nation.

they didnt shoot anything down.
it helps to actually read the article and the thread

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Link to anything that says this was flying over Iran,please.What? You don't have one? Big surprise!

Big bad US is picking on Iran again,wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Just more low content high emotion bs from the MSM that makes any patriot stand up to be counted.

Think about it this way, if you live in a country where you have a known aggressive country flying drones day In and out spying on your borders, I think you have the right to get nervous.

To all you this is an act of war morons, try living in a worn torn country for a year or two before commenting from the comfort of 1st world abode.

Threads like this do little to deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc

Just a friendly drone, minding its own business. On vacation, probably, a few miles away from a country we're looking for an excuse to go to war with.

An innocent drone was almost harmed! When will these hateful attacks against our drones stop???? They have drone wives and baby drones at home.

Obviously we must nuke Tehran to stop this anti-droneism.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Snsoc because: improper formatting

I totally agree, Drones do have Family's - my 5th Cousin twice removed is a Drone.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

I wake up every day and part of me is so disgusted that people act like sheep. I wish there was a switch you could flip, because at the end of the day, their ignorance will drag us all down.

You wake up feeling superior to the ignorance of those dragging us all down. And just how is all of that knowledge that you feel you own gotten us? Why can't some people just live their lives without the constant fear [of which they have no control]. Maybe people know plenty, but are aware that beating their heads against the brick wall isn't helping anything/one.

It's good that you feel so much smarter than so many others, but at the end of the day, where and what is all of your knowledge helping out here?

Unfortunately a majority of this country just doesn't care.

People care, but many are sick and tired of doing nothing but talk. Answers are what we need-not more complaining. Truth & facts are also good, boasting isn't useful in any way.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by spy66

The UNCLOS treaty on international waters states that innocent passage is guaranteed through territorial waters of another nation, subject to certain restrictions.

Passage is innocent so long as it is not prejudicial to the peace, good order or security of the coastal State. Such passage shall take place in conformity with this Convention and with other rules of international law.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Iran is a signatory to this treaty. Although again, if the Predator really was in international airspace, then this was an act of aggression. The Predator has every right to fly in international airspace. It's just like the game we played with the Soviet Union with the U-2s, and RC-135s after Powers was shot down. The RC-135 would stay just in international airspace, but make it look like they were going to penetrate Soviet airspace, without ever really coming close. As long as they stayed outside Soviet airspace, they could keep doing this as long as they wanted. The U-2 would stay outside their airspace, and take pictures with a side scan camera that would look a long way into Soviet territory.

(b) any exercise or practice with weapons of any kind;
Link

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

they will never attack a USA's drone in international waters unless the pilot is stupid !!!
that was surely just showing teeth !
these are usual in the middle east not only about drones but even carriers ! because that region is crowded and it is crucial for them (Iran) to just detecting a drone and threating it to show their readiness for preventing a war !!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Declaration of war, yeah right... I call Israel sending Jets into another country and blowing crap up a declaration of war, not Iran attempting to shoot down a RC airplane..

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Aw well! If they keep this up the terrorist Iranian regime that calls themselves a government will get theirs!.

International waters? Hmmm Iranian cowardice in the extreme that is no way representative of the population as a whole.

maybe the terrorist Iranian GOVERNMENT (and their phony and cowardly Ayatollah) sympathisers on ATS will see this for what it really is! But then again most will dismiss this with some form of apologist BS because their heads are that firmly planted in the sand. You know these Iranian leaders would kill you in a second if they had the chance! Who knows, They will probably wrongly blame Israel or Mossad for this!

Yet these people open mock people as "sheeple" Bahahahahah losers!
edit on 9-11-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Well Well.
Itchy trigger fingers.

Iran doesn't want war, but isn't this an act of aggression?

American drones operated by the US airforce or army is already an act of war no matter where they are... tje iranian jet acted in defense. Stand down you aggressive presence in the middle east and Im sure the Iranians will not act more in selfdefense...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

If it's in international airspace, not doing anything aggressive then, there is no need to shoot it down though. It's like firing on a Navy ship in international waters, just because something is designed for warfare doesn't mean it's on its way to bomb something, navy ship sail over the world, armed to the teeth, but not neccessarily on their way to war, smae with aircraft. They use drones to watch for illegal activity and piracy in that area, so it's no surprise that there are drones flying around. if the drone had been in Iranian airspace, then that is a different matter, Iran would have every right to shoot it down. I can't see why Iran would want to shoot down US aircraft in international airspace, they are not stupid, religious maniacs yes, but not stupid, smells fishy to me

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well regardless of what ever happened I find it rather disconcerting they are releasing this type of info..

I am under the belief that such events usually go unreported outside the military unless there was an agenda being fulfilled, I can only guess what it is in this instance and I don't think it bodes well.
edit on 9/11/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

In my eyes its a deceleration of war

Big man. You would declare war on a nation for shooting at a lump off fibre glass and electronics. Heck they have already killed nearly 2 million in Iraq and Afghanistan and you want to add to that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join