It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The republicans need a serious overhaul in strategy.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Fours years is not a long time, and I don't mean the next fours years, or the last four years. I do mean the four years that have passed since G.W.Bush resided in the White house, surely that has not been forgotten, forgetful though it should be!
Obama, although he is not perfect, is miles ahead of the opposition, and it should be said that he hasn't been given another chance, he has been given another stint as President to carry on his programme to get things right.

Listening to FOX news, you'd think that the electorate voted him back to put right the things he'd done wrong, that's so ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

If they want to be a national party, going forward, they MUST jettison the religious right, and embrace women, and minorities.
...Which is an issue that derives from thier distrust of math. They need to understand that all of the minorites combined equal the majority....Hell...women alone are the majority.

The President in contrast during his acceptance speech last night...

I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if you’re willing to work hard, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

If they want to be a national party, going forward, they MUST jettison the religious right, and embrace women, and minorities.
...Which is an issue that derives from thier distrust of math. They need to understand that all of the minorites combined equal the majority....Hell...women alone are the majority.

The President in contrast during his acceptance speech last night...

I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if you’re willing to work hard, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try.

"Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."

The Democrats welcome them with open arms. The GOP spits on them.

That is why the GOP lost--they are exclusive, not inclusive.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

The Democrats welcome them with open arms. The GOP spits on them.

That is why the GOP lost--they are exclusive, not inclusive.

I am poor for gods sake, but that is just not true that Republicans don't welcome the poor, The Democrats use the poor and they keep them poor.
Red states more charitable
www.politico.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
African-Americans Still Waiting For President Obama To Address Their Unique Issues

Yet they overwhelmingly voted for him?

I recently watched a video, that I cannot find, about many of the complaints by the black community.

But African-Americans contend that they’ve been forgotten for much of the last four years as they fared the worst during the economic downturn of any other groups, according to the National Urban League. But the current feelings of anger, disappointment and betrayal that are palpable today stem less from that as much as the feeling among African-Americans that President Obama has seen to the needs of every other constituency but theirs.

That widespread disillusionment after the lofty high expectations of four years ago could be what keeps some of them from returning the polls on Election Day and dooms Obama’s bid for a second term.

The numbers bear the reasons out.

In the current economic downturn, the African-American middle class has lost virtually all the gains they made over the past 30 years, according to the National Urban League. Median annual household income for blacks declined by more than 11 percent between June 2009 and June 2012, according to the Census bureau, twice the loss suffered by whites.

African-Americans as well as Latinos have also borne much of the pain from the housing downturn.
atlantablackstar.com...
Even young African-Americans with college education suffer high unemployment rates and constricted job opportunities. Better than 15 percent of all black workers between 18 and 24 are unemployed, with more than 43 percent of the recent graduates now working doing so at jobs that don’t really require a college education according to a recent report by the Heldrich Center for Workforce Development.

Obviously they didn't feel embraced.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

These two candidates could not have been farther apart on ideology and the people who were replaced.
I hear lots of plans to capture the female and Latino vote but not really anything that makes me think they understand either of those constituents but need to devise a strategy to "trap" them. Why is it so hard to understand the hard right divisive politics are what people voted against? They want health care. If they didn't don't you think they would have come out and squashed it? They didn't - they voted for it. Binders full of women. fight against evolution and schools, Big bird, Legitimate rape, vile working women trying to castrate men, native Americans, self deportation, planned parenthood, resuming torture, throwing out rhetoric hinting at a war with Iran.
People voted against all this. The GOP would be making a big mistake to deny this. Obama didn't win because of a ground game. And certainly not because this conservative was not conservative enough. He won because people voted out the hard line conservatives. One of the News programs said it like this...

GOP is a "Mad Men" Party in a Modern Family America

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We can go on and on about how the Republican party needs to be more inclusive to minorities, women, and the youth -- but the people in control of the party don't care about those groups!

I can't even begin to tell you how many GOP/Republicans I am surrounded by daily. None of them want their party to change. They don't give a crap about minorities, poor people, the youth, ect...

50% of this country is selfish, biggoted, backwards, and fairly extreme in those beliefs.

The party won't change because the people in charge and it's members don't want to become more moderate.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Red states also seem to use more foodstamps, your point?

I don't get it -- the people that hate liberal social programs the most, are often times very same people that take advantage of them.

I knew a woman who's husband was on SS disability. Was he really disabled? No, he could walk and drive a car. To me, that says he could be a courrier or do some kind of delivery job. Would this woman ever vote for a Democrat? Hell no! She hated anything Democrat.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
We can go on and on about how the Republican party needs to be more inclusive to minorities, women, and the youth -- but the people in control of the party don't care about those groups!

I can't even begin to tell you how many GOP/Republicans I am surrounded by daily. None of them want their party to change. They don't give a crap about minorities, poor people, the youth, ect...

50% of this country is selfish, biggoted, backwards, and fairly extreme in those beliefs.

The party won't change because the people in charge and it's members don't want to become more moderate.

All true and it's the very reason I have left the GOP in favor of the Libertarians. Moderate republicans won't stay in the party because they aren't wanted. The strident, macho, my way or the highway attitudes of the GOP will ultimately be their undoing.

Not only have they put women in folders; they have put anyone that has any kind of rational approach to domestic issues in the same folder and thrown that folder in the trash. Either the GOP changes drastically or they will truly just be the party of "angry old white men" control freaks.

Contrast that with the Libertarians. I went to Gary Johnsons party last night and their was an air of excitement, hope and the true American spirit live and let live. A broad spectrum of ages, ethnicities, cultures attended with some Democrats, T party folks in attendance as well. Libertarians are the party of the future and sadly the GOP is still rooted in the past.

Amazingly enough the GOP had a good chance in this election with Ron Paul but they kicked him to the curb and paid the price.

edit on 7-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What has been missing in candidates from both parties for decades can be summed up in one simple word.

GRAVITAS

Recent presidents have made a mockery of the office of president of this country.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by HappyBunny

Red states more charitable
www.politico.com...

They can afford to be, the rich Liberal States are the ones busy working to fund their lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
And certainly not because this conservative was not conservative enough. He won because people voted out the hard line conservatives.

Actually, the GOP made gains in number of governorships, as well as in the house. Many local races nationwide went to republicans.

No GOP haters on here have addressed the regional victory the president won. Look at the numbers outside urban inner cities of Ohio, and tell me what that red is doing on the map, if the GOP didn't resonate with anybody.

Obama didn't exactly achieve a mandate.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

Originally posted by newcovenant
And certainly not because this conservative was not conservative enough. He won because people voted out the hard line conservatives.

Actually, the GOP made gains in number of governorships, as well as in the house. Many local races nationwide went to republicans.

Sorry...I understand the instinct to cling to an idealogy, but...no.

The GOP LOST seats in the house, but still has control Dems GAINED seats in the Senate and ...11 Govenorships were up for a vote...8 of which were Democrats and after an insane amount of money the only pick up in Govenorship that the GOP got was NC, which was a no brainer and the Dem Govenors virtually all held off GOP challengers.

www.bellinghamherald.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
no

they have been exposed

they use social issues to fool the folks in the lower 75% tax brackets to vote for them against thier personal interest

more folks are waking up to that

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We need to get rid of these old farts and represent ourselves in Congress and state and local governments. I am definitely thinking about running for public office in 2014.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
And yes, I'm an ethnic minority. I didn't come to America to change it. I came here because I loved it.

Contrary to popular belief, it is entirely American to push for changes in the way our country operates. We have a living Constitution for a reason. It is designed to be altered dependent on the needs and desires of the population. Hopefully, enough people voice their opinions that it can be altered in a manner that benefits the quality of life of people, and doesn't degrade that quality of life. I noticed one trend in the states which Republicans took. They were the states which have a lower pay wage per capita and a more extreme poverty level overall.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Today, I was quickly checking CNN just to keep up with news, there is this article "5 Things We Learned on Election Night" where a Republican strategist, in reference to the current problems of the R party, is cited using the phrase "The Hispanic Issue". (referring to the many Hispanics in America)

As long as those hollow brains are referring to other people as "Issue", all is lost for them. Shows you nicely that the R people still have LOTS to learn...

edit on 7-11-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Here is the truth of it. This was the GOPs last shot at keeping the platform of intolerance and winning the whitehouse....and the only way that was going to work was through voter supression....and by every poll, the voter supression tactics BACKFIRED....Hispanics and African Americans voted early where they could, showed up in droves...waited in insanely long lines etc. by record numbers.....By 2016 the GOP base of white men will not be sufficient to carry them even if voter supression did work. Demographics are destiny...this was their last shot at the whitehouse with the intolerance platform and they won't see the Whitehouse again until they learn to be more inclusive. Demographics alone will punish them.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltdan08
We need to get rid of these old farts and represent ourselves in Congress and state and local governments. I am definitely thinking about running for public office in 2014.

Well the GOP kick out one old fart, Ron Paul, and that didn't work out for them did it?

But you should definitely run in 2014!! What's your platform going to be?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Let's not forget, they not only blew it with Hispanics, they also blew it women, animal rights groups and animal lovers, gay people and LAST BUT NOT LEAST with "the 47%" which includes vets, disabled, unemployed etc..etc..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join