It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Announces Its Most Popular Search Term on Election Day: You're Not Going to Believe It.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
why was I hoping it was tar and feathers?????

seriously???
it was the first thought that came to my mind...although, I have to admit, I did look online to see what the ballot for my district offered...
and decided it just wasn't worth the trouble....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maybe they were just checking to see if they had a choice between white banker puppet and black banker puppet? Maybe they meant 'Who else is running'.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This thread and article is just an excuse for people to feel superior to others. It is kind of sad.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I agree with ~Lucidity, the numbers probably reflect global Google searching and not just Americans.

Plus its not all that dumb... weren't there actually 20 or 30 presidential candidates from independent parties? Roseanne Barr ran under the Peace and Freedom Party so maybe people wanted to see what other options were available to them.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well I just so happened to be one of the people who used that search. Obviously I knew about Romney and Obama and Romney and even Johnson but, I am always curious about all the other people on the ballot. This is something I hear people talk about every election so it should not suprise anyone.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

You know what? You're right.

I'm going to load up. Yep, that's right. I am going to load up on all the benefits I can get. Food stamps, phone, welfare, free health care. What am I missing?

Might as well jump on the boat! If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Posts like this are so lame and childish. You act like your the only one that works and pays bills. Get over it, your not as important as you think you are.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

What!?!
That's kind of scary don't you think? You get a whole bunch of people who are uninformed, then last minute, go to the Internet and see who has the most media coverage and vote for them. Sheeesh!! I feel more and more sorry for our Southern neighbors every day.
edit on 7-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
e-gad

Well, at least they didn't vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

You know what? You're right.

I'm going to load up. Yep, that's right. I am going to load up on all the benefits I can get. Food stamps, phone, welfare, free health care. What am I missing?

Might as well jump on the boat! If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Good plan
Step 1 however is, get dirt poor.
So...ya, if your not doing anything with your money...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think it is pretty clear who is the stupid American in this thread.

I had a feeling the elections couldn't just end. People have to bitch about how their talking head lostuntil the end of November, eh?

I agree with the tactic of never letting a president get two terms, as their remaining term is when they really start looting the country for their administration.

However you need to get over it, because it is over. Right now you might as well be crying over the sound of the president's voice for the next 4 years. Because the President is about as useless as a nipple on your elbow.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
On election day, kids across the country were given a social studies assignment. One of the questions asked who was running for president. Guess where they went for answers? You guessed it, Google.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So WHO IS running for president....and when do we get to vote?

I saw something on TV about this and everybody seemed really exited. Is that black guy
running again? I like him, he has a really nice face, though I was planning on voting
for that short little white-haired crazy guy just to be different.

Oh....can we vote by IPhone? is there an app or something?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by UnaChispa

Are you aware of where we rank in test scores compared to the rest of the world?

That doesn't mean much.

I find it hard to believe anyway, referring to the search term. Anyone with an internet connection would almost HAVE to know at least two who are running. Perhaps they were searching for who else iswas running.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As my favourite academic writing professor would say:

"You weren't ACTIVE reading."

There's a box to the left of the chart that shows it was World Wide trending and not exclusively trends from the United States of America. I know some Americans think they're the centre of the world but some of us have our own elections going on and disasters to be worried about instead of watching 18 months of election news.

edit on 11/7/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by MRuss

A chart on the Google Trends website shows the skyrocketing popularity of a search for the term, “who is running for president” -- as if it were possible to miss the omnipresent radio, TV and Web ads for Governor Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama.

Why do they assume those people must have been searching because they didn't know who the two frontrunners were? Perhaps the people who searched for that term found out at the last minute there would be several other names next to Obama and Romney, names they had never heard before, and they decided to do some last minute research. If only the majority of people had of ran that search term weeks ago and had time to research all the candidates before the day of the election.

I just feel this intelligent and perceptive post should be repeated. =P

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I cannot believe that you have the nerve to call the majority of American citizens stupid. He got reelected by us with votes that say we want him. Thats the majority of American citizens or otherwise he wouldnt have gotten reelected. Sore loosers are not fun to play with.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

And insult us in the process. Two for one.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

IQ is an inhereted trait. You dont loose IQ points unless you have a brain injury. You cant loose IQ points and if your parents were smart you probably are too. MY IQ is 129. Thats high but my sons are 130, 137 and 145 making them even smarter than me. What you mean is knowledge which is different. We are not getting stupider, we are being taught less. Hey raise teachers pay so you get better candidates to educate our children and this might change. No hold back the pay so that the least likely candidates are teaching our children, the ones who didnt do too well in school themselves. The good teachers are holding out for better pay and are located in our private schools where they get that.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
And we think the President is our problem...shiiiiiit...he ain't got nothing on us

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Seriously, I don't think anyone has enjoyed this election.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join