Google Announces Its Most Popular Search Term on Election Day: You're Not Going to Believe It.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The most popular search term on election day was this:

"Who is running for President?"

Yes, the dumbing down of America right before your eyes.

A chart on the Google Trends website shows the skyrocketing popularity of a search for the term, “who is running for president” -- as if it were possible to miss the omnipresent radio, TV and Web ads for Governor Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama.

Lord help us all.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Now that made me laugh.

Probably because they didn't want to vote for either one of them. Can't say I don't blame them.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Was that globally or just within the U.S?

Just saying....

edit on 11/6/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm going to be a optimistic and say that probably a majority of the searches came from the most avid internet users... children. My two year old can just about navigate my iphone.

It could be a bunch of little kids asking the internet questions.

Hopefully.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Why don't you go to the link and see for yourself?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

You give americans too much credit.

Are you aware of where we rank in test scores compared to the rest of the world?

Probably not.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
was not what i was expecting at all. I was thinking it would be something like "where to get an obama phone".

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

You know what? You're right.

I'm going to load up. Yep, that's right. I am going to load up on all the benefits I can get. Food stamps, phone, welfare, free health care. What am I missing?

Might as well jump on the boat! If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!

+36 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

A chart on the Google Trends website shows the skyrocketing popularity of a search for the term, “who is running for president” -- as if it were possible to miss the omnipresent radio, TV and Web ads for Governor Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama.

Why do they assume those people must have been searching because they didn't know who the two frontrunners were? Perhaps the people who searched for that term found out at the last minute there would be several other names next to Obama and Romney, names they had never heard before, and they decided to do some last minute research. If only the majority of people had of ran that search term weeks ago and had time to research all the candidates before the day of the election.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You know what I did when I read this thread? I Googled the same exact query you are huffing and puffing about.

Believe what you want to make you feel superior, but there are many probable reasons for those statistics.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I can't believe this, but your theory sounds even a tad bit more ridiculous than the search term!

If America is so smart, why did they reelect Obama?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
you do know that it is very easy to rigged that system
so they can put a message in the top 1
it was just a silly jk to make it look like that much searcher dont know whos runing for potus

actualy funny lol

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by MRuss

Why do they assume those people must have been searching because they didn't know who the two frontrunners were? Perhaps the people who searched for that term found out at the last minute there would be several other names next to Obama and Romney, names they had never heard before, and they decided to do some last minute research. If only the majority of people had of ran that search term weeks ago and had time to research all the candidates before the day of the election.

Exactly! It is just more of the same from Bull-$hit Mountain. Trying to twist things with nothing concrete. Now they will try and discredit voters.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Oh, I did. I looked but it doesn't appear to be broken down that way. In addition the article was written in what seems to me to be a misleading way to imply that it was all American searches, which seeing as my proxy often points to a Chinese IP might not be all that scientific either. If it's global it would make a whole lot more sense.

ETA: And upon further consideration of this "article" that seems to actually have led you astray, perhaps it is you who should vet your sources and gather all the facts before you begin using them as yet another convenient way to get your seemingly bitter point across?

Furthermore, what part of "Nov. 6, 2012: A screenshot of Google's Trends section shows a massive spike in last minute searches for informaiton on the presidential candidates. (Google Trends)" leads you to believe this is a reflection of people asking just who is running?

As it turns out this may be specific to the U.S. but you didn't know that, did you? You also didn't know that if you further fine tune the search by U.S. region, it appears that those in the blue states asked this question more frequently. I swear

edit on 11/7/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I wasn't saying America was "so smart", how exactly did you pull that from what I said? I was saying they are foolish because they all wait to the last second to actually research all their options. But for the record I think Obama was probably a better choice than Romney, but not the best choice out of all candidates; hence the point I was making above.
edit on 6/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You know, I'm not going to argue with you about this. Truly. Stop trolling.

The American IQ has dropped significantly in the past 20 years. Okay? That's a fact. Plain and simple.

In case you haven't noticed.

Everyone else has noticed.

It's old news.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

Congratulations on your meticulous research.

I am merely quoting what Google put out there today.

It's just a fact.

No reason to argue that fact.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I can't believe this, but your theory sounds even a tad bit more ridiculous than the search term!

How many WHINER threads are you going to create?

Romney lost, and yes, this isn't just a bad dream for you. It will still be that way tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It wasn't the most popular search term on election day. It was just popular.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

How is this a whiner thread?

(Congratulations on your spelling of whiner by the way. You've just elevated yourself above most Americans)

I am just posting something interesting Google posted today.

What does it have to do with Obama stealing the election?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join