Google Announces Its Most Popular Search Term on Election Day: You're Not Going to Believe It.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

Oh, good for you!

You got me there!

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You know, I'm not going to argue with you about this. Truly. Stop trolling.

The American IQ has dropped significantly in the past 20 years. Okay? That's a fact. Plain and simple.

In case you haven't noticed.

Everyone else has noticed.

It's old news.

I am not the one trolling here. You are the one who appears to have demonstrated your diminished IQ points to use a totally unvetted article to attempt to make some sort of political point. It matters a great deal whether these numbers are global or local. A great deal. But you see, you let the way the article was written fool you without taking the time to ask a few basic and simple questions, which makes it truly appear as if you are the one actually doing some trolling, eh?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by TravisBickle451

Congratulations on your meticulous research.

I am merely quoting what Google put out there today.

It's just a fact.

No reason to argue that fact.

I sense some bitterness within you. Said bitterness is clouding your judgement; it's also hindering any chance you had of making any solid argument for whatever agenda you are pushing because it's obvious you are attacking the people and not the argument.

No where in my previous post did I argue against any fact. I merely shared what I did and shared an opinion.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Interesting the link you gave
in the picture -

Web Search Interest: who is running for president. Worldwide, 2004-present

not just America and yes it did just lately from Oct to today but that is still WorldWide

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

What does it have to do with Obama stealing the election?

LOL, I think it had something to do with "if Americans's are so smart, why did they vote for Obama."

I am actually finding this quite entertaining.

Isn't your other thread, "Thanks a lot Ohio?"

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Go to bed.

No one disputes that America's IQ has dropped significantly in the past 20 years.

I've never met so many stupid people in my life as I have the past few years.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Wow you're extremely annoying

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

"Birds of a feather, flock together," or you're just a magnet for them.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by EvilBat

Go to bed.

No one disputes that America's IQ has dropped significantly in the past 20 years.

Wow really that is your response go to bed?

Did you not see the image Fox has in that link you provided where in that image it says World wide?
You know you can click that and make it USA only (would help the story better)

example if they showed this image link

It is set up to United States the past 90days

-- no need to get all upset and start saying others have low IQ's for showing
something that was wrong with the story

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

You know, I'm not going to argue with you about this. Truly. Stop trolling.

The American IQ has dropped significantly in the past 20 years. Okay? That's a fact. Plain and simple.

In case you haven't noticed.

Everyone else has noticed.

It's old news.

You may as well be engaged in an epic battle with some hobbits.

First, if you're going to pull the 'it's a fact, plain and simple' card, you HAVE to follow it up with a graph or a quote or something. Hell, you could have made something up even. But instead you destroyed your credibility with that. I think the problem here is that you wanted everyone to respond a certain way because you hold a pessimistic view of the populace of the US, and now you're mad because people are using logic and reason to figure out if there are possibilities besides the one you declared to be incontrovertible truth.

You should debate, instead of cry, when someone makes a counterpoint to your point.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Ummm... wait a minute-

If America is so smart, why did they reelect Obama?

Is this " we won, they lost" syndrome? Don't get me wrong I didn't vote nobama but I'd still consider myself part of the collective. I just won"t except responsability for anything that happens in the next 4 years.

I'll just tell my kids its their moms fault!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

You know what? You're right.

I'm going to load up. Yep, that's right. I am going to load up on all the benefits I can get. Food stamps, phone, welfare, free health care. What am I missing?

Might as well jump on the boat! If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Dear MRuss,

No disrespect, but you don't want to be in a position to qualify for any those benefits if you can help it.

Blessings,
yesterdaysreality
edit on 6-11-2012 by yesterdaysreality because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-11-2012 by yesterdaysreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I do agree with you on that the citizens of America, as a whole, are being "dumbed down". But, for the most part, through no fault of their own.

That being said, i am reasonably confident that the spike in use of the search term "Who is running for president" is less a reflection of America's stupidity and more a case of searching for other options (3rd party candidate).

With the info we are given, one would think that on election day we will have 2 choices, either A or B. Other nominees get no mention in the media. Therefore, before heading out to vote on local issues and seeing nothing to like about Romney or Obama, people are forced to do some last minute research.

Think about it. You can have only 4 working brain cells, yet know the names "Romney" and "Obama". Because we all know that, besides :bnghd: and :bash:, the favorite pastime of the average American half-wit is watching TV.
edit on 11/7/2012 by Firewater because: wrong emoti

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I googled something similar, but not because I didn't know the main two puppets. I wanted to know what my other options were since I couldn't bring myself to vote for Obama or Romney and still sleep at night. LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

"Who is running for President?"

Yes, the dumbing down of America right before your eyes.

So everyone worldwide on the world-wide-web was suppossed to know who was running for the USA president without looking it up?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

"Who is running for President?"

Yes, the dumbing down of America right before your eyes.

So everyone worldwide on the world-wide-web was suppossed to know who was running for the USA president without looking it up?

Well yeah....
That and if they googled that it also meant that they only could possibly be wanting to know who the two main parties are because they were so stupid that they didn't even know that much. It couldn't possibly be because "who is running for president" was a search term used to look for ALL of who was running, not just the two main parties. And it certainly couldn't be because there is life outside of the US and they simply didn't know. I mean really doesn't EVERYONE just hang on what goes on here in the US, I mean we are after all the only ones that matter. {/sarcasm}
edit on 7-11-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The chart I found lists is world wide.

You can adjust the parameters to see how it was in just the US. Here is is just in the US.

Google Trends

It comes out pretty much the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Who is the less intellegent?

The person who researches something?

or...

The person who let's the boob-tube do all the researching for them?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

A chart on the Google Trends website shows the skyrocketing popularity of a search for the term, “who is running for president” -- as if it were possible to miss the omnipresent radio, TV and Web ads for Governor Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama.

And these are the people who then proceeded to vote for the candidate that they read about just a few hours previously.

Clearly, some informed decisions were made that day. Knee-jerk reactions galore. Hell, a friend of mine voted for Romney because Obama was planning to reduced aid to hospitals. Her example: the hospital in her area would no longer be handing out a year's worth of free diapers with each baby delivered.

As George Carlin so eloquently put it:

Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are stupider than that.

It is enough to make me bow my head in mourning for the fate of our species - and weep for the prospective agony of this world, which has to suffer our presence.
edit on 7-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's understood by many around the world (yes i have travelled extensively) Americans are uninformed/ignorant of the world around them. It seems they feel they are the center of the world and are happily ignorant of global issues/current events. So much so it's become a bit of a joke to non Americans.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join