It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - The End is Near

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Greetings ATS,

It's been a little while since I've talked with this community, so I thought I'd stop in and give you my 2 cents - for what it's worth.

For the past several months, I've found myself entangled with a group of extremely good, politically aware and spiritually awesome friends. We more or less discuss the current issues around the world, our own philosophies and thoughts and generally express ourselves as being part of a community, with one another. We share our foods, we share our resources, we share our gasolines, we share everything(almost, ha.).

Now, without diving extensively far into it - I will state we've all seen multiple UFOs in the particular area of California I live in. All of us. Sober. Not sober. So forth and beyond. We've also experienced telepathy, mystical experiences and many other neat things. Sober, and not sober. I will not lie, I've partook in my fair shares of alcohol here and there, but it has nothing to do with the experiences we have. We don't hang out just looking to get messed up. We hang out because coincidentally, we all know the same exact things. We've actually said the same exact sentences, had the same exact thought processes and so forth without being in the same area as each other at roughly the same exact times. You could chalk it up to basic psychology or something more - either way, I know what it is for me and it's pretty damn awesome a whole lot more awesome than sitting around worrying about idiots such as Romney or Obama.

The reason I'm addressing this thread to this community is that I more so than the rest of my friends, feel as thought I'm reaching the end of a book. And that book is culture.

I can see the pages winding down - there isn't a whole lot left to this little book. Maybe two months, maybe a year - but I wouldn't give it anymore than a year at this point. Let's face the truth.

Society simply cannot continue operating in this fashion. It will not. There is going to be a sociocultural breakdown no matter what. People are FED up. It's all around, across the world, and rightfully so. Economically speaking, we're also #ed if we continue at this rate.

I dare not say what I feel about the governments of this planet.

I'm not issuing this as a doom or gloom situation, I'm not saying the world is going to end, I'm not saying the nine Gods of the underworld are going to return and unleash havoc upon everything, I'm not saying Nibiru is going to ride the Flying Spaghetti Monster's back into planet Earth and destroy us with astral red sauce and meat balls.

I am however pointing out the simplicities behind the situation. The sociocultural function of our species is at a end. It cannot be sustained. I don't care if you're libertarian, liberal or conservative, I don't care if you don't care, I don't care if you don't understand half of the words I've used in this short assessment of mine. I honestly don't.

However, I can tell you ONE thing is for certain.

SOMETHING has to change. Immediately, and I have a slight inkling that when this change comes, it will probably be quite shocking to most of us, and we will have to look inside of ourselves for answers because they lay nowhere else.

In a nutshell, strap on your boots and get ready boys and girls, because this ride is coming to an end.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
well i have the opposite feeling..

i feel its coming to a beginning.

if our two feelings mutually exclude each other does that mean nothing is coming to an anything?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I agree.

There isn't going to be a supernatural event. It is going to be a natural event of people revolting against the systems that are exploiting them.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Actually, it is coming to a beginning as well. I just didn't want to contort my original observation which is that the sociocultural standard is going to come to an end, allowing a new beginning. But yes, I do feel it is going to come to a new beginning.

A new book to read, with new obstacles and new things to experience. However, where we are at now will come to an end.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I can see the pages winding down - there isn't a whole lot left to this little book.
reply to post by b3l13v3

There are plenty of chapters left and your the author
..the transitional period effect may take months.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Check out my sig to see how I feel.
In other news...
Thank you so much for not using nigh. Seriously, thank you.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

I agree with you. There is something in the air and a lot of people are feeling it - even if they cannot express themselves. There are many many many people who are awake and aware of how the world has been controlled and regulated beyond sensibilities.

Whether the end is nigh and a new beginning is offered - there will certainly be a breakdown of the economic system and the social system. The cracks have been obvious for ages and those same cracks are now gaping wide. When a society can have people with obscene amounts of money and some with nothing and homeless then we as a society have lost our way.

When animals are subjected to unspeakable horrors so that humans can consume pharmaceuticals, wear cosmetics and eat them - we have lost our way. When Children are abused in a myriad of ways ( oh how typing those words just made me feel nauseous) and we fail to stop the abuse - we have lost our way.

As we are lost we - as a global society - really need to stop and look at where we are and work out how to make it right. I speak realistically and not in a depressive manner. It is a difficult lesson to look at all the damage society has managed to wreak in our history - but - the knowledge and wisdom to gain by rectifying all that is abhorrent - will be worth it.

I agree with you. Something will end soon - how - what - when - we will know when it happens and those of us who are ready will help those who are not.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I was going to say it is nothing but a new beginning. It seems I am not alone with that train of thought. Even if there is a time of great changes, the old will make way for the new.

We just have to decide what the new actually is. Will we look back and try to find a solution in the past that obviously doesn't work? Or will we find a better way to affect more people positively?

I hope I will see the collapse of systems that flat out don't work. Whats the point in keeping these practices going on as business as usual, when the benefits are overshadowed by the costs?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The only ride we're going to see is the ending of the elections and who's going to be president.

..and that new beginning we're talking about..well, more unemployment and miserable people in this world.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

This is the exact sociocultural premise that will be coming to an end. Exactly what you wrote, is the very epitome - the beating heart of the machine that MUST end. And it will.

edit on 6-11-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Everyone is fed up with everything. I'm fed up with these going-away present threads but in realistically, the only thing we can do is stay low and out of sight.

It's been awhile since I had group therapy (sarcasm).

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

You're right, something needs to change.

But it won't happen in a year.

Not in a decade.

These big sorts of changes require centuries and millennia.

People and culture change slowly and societies can (or do) collapse.

In the 19th century, futurists thought the oil/gas boom would solve all the worlds problems and even eliminate war. That was how incredible oil/gas seemed to people back then.

Fast forward to 2012 and gas/oil aren't so incredible anymore and we can see how they didn't end war or eliminate poverty. We've been exposed to reality. That's a good thing.

You just have to pull up your sleeves and get to work. That's how it has always been done and that's how it will always be. By and large, the future isn't what we think it'll be.

People it seems are either too optimistic or too pessimistic about the future. We're miserable at predicting it. We're much better off sticking with the present realities.
edit on 6-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I'm one of those crazy people that believes we have the technology(certain entities just do not wish to release because they enjoy the slave/master concept) to revolutionize the world and make pretty much everything self sustainable in a matter of 3 years or so, but hey what do I know.

The governments never censor anything.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Standard of living has been going up for as far as we can see into the past. People not 200 years ago only lived to some 40 years on average. We've come a long ways since then.

It really is getting better for all nations. It's just slow.

Life is hard sometimes and like a rain cloud it can blind you from seeing the obvious.

Here's an excellent video, maybe it'll jog a memory:

edit on 6-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
There are 252 worldwide births per minute compared to 107 deaths per minute (source). That's your change right there: the proximity we share to one another. Every finite space has its capacity and we are reaching ours.

People are fed up of wallowing in each other's dung, not of how we govern each other.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Type "the end is near" into the search engine, I dare you.

"CAUTION: Items in the mirror may appear closer than the actually are".

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

You are on to the essence of what is happening. Standard of living may have improved - for everyone or just some??? Standard of living improvements have to be for everyone and every animal as well as for the earth in totality for me to take that statement seriously.

You are so right about people not wanting to put up with the excrement both literal and lateral. Something will give and it has to be the humans themselves - they have to start giving in lieu of continually taking.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Well let me go ahead and emphasize on the technologies I believe exist.

I believe we have the solution to free energy(or extremely cost beneficial), and it is being refused to be released because it would diminish the control of the elite.

Reason why I believe in it? Because I saw a intelligently controlled craft that defied all laws of physics at the age of 10 along with 3 other family members and the memory has not dimmed at all since that life changing day. Whatever powered that craft was a force beyond recognition.

And - I thoroughly believe that we have similar technologies, and I'm fairly convinced that it was actually our technology because if it wasn't it was a bunch of drunk interstellar beings showing off their cool ride, which sounds a lot less plausible.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

All things eventually come to an end and from the ashes comes something new...its an obvious way of nature to destroy and recreate from the remnants.

I would have to say I agree with the OP in that the social and cultural world we live in is changing and moving into a direction that well...isn't suited for the social/economic infrastructure we have built.

I truly do feel deep down in my gut...the world as we know it is going to be flipped upside-down on itself...

What the catalyst will be I have no clue...but I know enough to know that potential catalysts for change are increasing exponentially and really its just a matter of time...

More and more is happening in a shorter and shorter period of time...the internet has turned information and communication from limited and bound to unlimited and boundless...the effects of which (some known most unknown) are coming to a head...

The world is at a point where it has to oppress to maintain...oppression builds up pressure and a build up of pressure will eventually....relieve itself.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I think it's pretty hard to get accurate average ages of all the people who died thousands of years ago (or even an accurate representation), so yeah, you're absolutely right not "to take that statement seriously".

Here's something you can take more seriously though, a video on youtube that debunks all the misconceptions about the 2012 Mayan calendar and other erroneous propositions regarding 2012 vibrational shifting and such:

To watch the 2nd part (and because I don't want to post more than 1 video in 1 comment, well a big picture of that video I mean), use this playlist (also has more context to the other stories surrounding the year 2012):

2012 Debunked part 2 (New updates concerning the Great Conspiracy)

edit on 6-11-2012 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join