It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Union Workers Caught With Truckload of Stolen Romney Signs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Having read the article, and the posts the following can be stated:

The facts of the case are as follows:
1) The 4 suspects, (I still believe innocent until proven guilty) were apprehended with stolen political signs.
2) In the truck was equipment to remove the larger signs.
3) The identifications of all of the suspects would have been verified by the police as to who these people were and who they are connected with.

As was stated, this is nothing new, such always happens, people from the other side steals the signage of their opponents, however, what is disturbing about this, is that they were going through neighborhoods and taking large signs.

According to the article, they are not charged with burglary or armed robbery, but of receiving stolen goods. We can not be sure of what all is going to happen until the court case has taken place and all of the evidence on both sides are presented to a jury and in the courts, when it will become a matter of public record.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I can imagine the Obama supporters taking the signs so that people will get confused and end up voting for Obama.

THAT'S the kind of logic you get from an IQ 83 Obama supporter.
edit on 5-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
ANY election, from dog catcher to Grand Poo-bah, has jerks from both sides stealing signs.

Which is what I said.

You are very liberal with the phrase 'union thugs'.

The people who engaged in this theft and trespassing ARE union thugs.
So why don't you want them to be called what they are? They did the deed. They own it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I can imagine the Obama supporters taking the signs so that people will get confused and end up voting for Obama.

THAT'S the kind of logic you get from an IQ 83 Obama supporter.
edit on 5-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Oh, how cute. Obama supporters are dumb.

Is that really all you have left? Petty insults?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed

Considering that Obama supporters did that with Republicans, on this thread , why are you surprised that Republicans would turn around and do the same thing back??

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I love the responses that this this is "right wing conspiracy".
There's no way that the followers of their messiah could do anything unethical!
The threats to riot and assassinate Romney are no doubt also a part of this vile conspiracy by right wing agitators.

It would be nice if the rational folks under Obama could see what is obvious to those who attempt objectivity: The very nature of Obama's campaign and his policies will result in thuggery. The same type that all class warfare propaganda produces. And it will get worse.

BTW, Romney won't change things much. He's just not quite as bad and his supporters aren't fanatics or thugs. A slower path to destruction. But a slower path gives more time for reversal.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Just insults to the ones that steal signs.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Considering that Obama supporters did that with Republicans, on this thread , why are you surprised that Republicans would turn around and do the same thing back??

Justification.

Making disgusting behavior acceptable for thousands of years.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Really?

And where is your matching insult to those Romney supporters that steal signs?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI
It all sounds way to suspicious, and a Right-wing stunt. More investigations is needed into this one.

You don't think union thugs are capable of this?

THEY WERE CAUGHT DOING IT. Four Obama supporting union guys took a union truck and went around stealing Romney signs from private property. It's just that simple. There are idiots to be found in both the republican and democrat camps. Do you think that somehow the democrats are immune from having morons in their ranks? Apparently not. THEY WERE CAUGHT.

What gets me is why do people who steal yard signs think that they will somehow influence the election in favor of their guy? What they are doing is illegal and it just ticks off the people. It's really childish behavior.

Dude, you can't fix stupid! Stop trying!

By buddy, a union guy and Obama supporter, was over watching football yesterday and I brought this up. His response: "Hell yeah! Rip all of those Romney signs down".

Ignorance is bliss - liberals are almost always smiling!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Really?

And where is your matching insult to those Romney supporters that steal signs?

In the thread about Romney supporters that steal signs.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The Ohio Liberty Coalition story quoted John McAvoy, president of the Northwest Ohio Conservative Coalition, as saying, "This morning 4 men driving a pickup truck registered to the Sheet Metal Union, Local 33 were arrested and charged with receiving stolen property – in the form of a bed full of Romney/Ryan yard signs, some measuring as large as 4'x8'." "Also in the truck were tools such as drills, which were possibly used to take the large signs down," McAvoy added. "The signs were allegedly removed from several private property and business locations across Lucas and Wood County."

Yes. Of course. It's not like the Ohio Liberty Coalition or the Ohio Conservative Coalition would have a vested interest in pushing out a false story 24 hours before the election in a last-ditch attempt to sway the vote. Does anybody have an actual police report??

Remember last week when there were allegations of "a truck with Obama stickers all over it dropping roofing nails in the parking lot" of a tea party rally in Racine, WI??

Guess what? According to the Racine police department there investigation stalled out when nobody could describe the vehicle in remotely the same manner, save for it allegedly had "Obama bumper stickers all over it". It was everywhere from a late '80's brown F-150 to a brand-new white Toyota Tundra.

...no surprise. Only 10% of pickup truck owners in the United States identify themselves as being a Democrat...much less one that is fervent enough to put Obama stickers "all over" their truck.

I'll believe this if and when somebody can show me the police report detailing the arrest.

I'd wager we will never see one.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
I'll believe this if and when somebody can show me the police report detailing the arrest.

Dude .. the police arrested the perps .. it's in MANY news sources.
Examiner

On Friday, police in Perrysburg arrested Corey Beaubian, 37, Sean Bresler, 33; and John Russell, 39, all of Toledo; and Christopher Monaghan, 41, of Rossford ..

Those are the names and the towns they are from.
The Cleveland Newspaper

Perrysburg police arrested four Toledo area men early Friday morning on charges of stealing Mitt Romney campaign signs in Wood and Lucas counties in Northwest Ohio.

Are police reports even printed in newspapers?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

How much?

Perrysville Police Station
Perrysville Blotter - Only goes up to Oct 25
More with the Sheriffs office - Only goes up to Oct 25

I'm not seeing ANY police reports in print for ANYTHING.
I'm seeing basic blotter stuff but only up to Oct 25 ... so far ...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Examiner

On Friday, police in Perrysburg arrested Corey Beaubian, 37, Sean Bresler, 33; and John Russell, 39, all of Toledo; and Christopher Monaghan, 41, of Rossford ..

The Cleveland Newspaper

Perrysburg police arrested four Toledo area men early Friday morning on charges of stealing Mitt Romney campaign signs in Wood and Lucas counties in Northwest Ohio.

Yes...but so what? The "news" reports all kinds of nonsense.

Think about it. The only thing you know for certain is that 4 guys were arrested after tools and Romney signs were in the back of their pickup and they may or may not be union workers.

So...imagine you are ardent and well-known Romney supporter who just so happens to work in an industry which requires that you have a pickup trick with a few basic tools in the back. What would stop an Obama supporter from tossing a few signs in the bed of the truck and then calling the cops and describing your vehicle and license plate as the one who "stole the Obama signs".

Now...I'm not saying that these guys WERE set up/framed. It's actually pretty believable to me that a couple goofballs MIGHT HAVE BEEN STEALING ROMNEY SIGNS.

...but let's just not assume it's a "fact" based on a blurb in the newspaper. We don't know when the guys were arrested, what they were stopped for, what their statements to the police were, if they have an alibi or not, etc.

If they were pulled over leaving a mile away from the scene and 2 minutes after 911 was called to report the signs stolen...that's pretty believable to me. If the cops came to the guys houses and arrested them after discovering the signs in the back of the pickup parked at the shop at 11pm...that's a whole let LESS believable.

Unfortunately, the recent attempt in my home state of WI to stage a completely false allegation of Obama supporters "spreading nails in the parking lot" makes me skeptical to say the least...and rightfully so.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Examiner

The Cleveland Newspaper

Oh...and no...police reports aren't printed in newspapers.

However, if such a hot story REALLY occurred I can't understand why the Ohio Liberty Coalition or the Ohio Conservative Coalition didn't grab a copy of it right off the bat put the .pdf all over the web immediately. It's public record, after all. Why wouldn't they...right?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What does it matter if they are in a union or not? Why emphasize that? Political spin.....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Wait, is this supposed to convince me to vote for Romney? Some dumb people stealing signs?

I'll sure be glad when the election is over and we can discuss topics like UFO's and disclosure. You know, the FUN stuff?

But seriously ... both sides are doing it, but do these stories actually sway voters?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Think about it. The only thing you know for certain is that 4 guys were arrested after tools and Romney signs were in the back of their pickup and they may or may not be union workers.

Think about it. We know A LOT for certain .. their names ... their occupations ... their facebook accounts where they proclaim themselves proud union members and proud Obama supporters. Their names and ages and place of residence were given. It's all there.

Sometimes people infiltrate groups and try to make groups look bad. But then again sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and four rotten union guys are just that .. four rotten union guys. Both the left and right have people who are not the best ... like in this case with the four ohio union workers

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
What does it matter if they are in a union or not? Why emphasize that? Political spin.....

If it were four guys from a Baptist Church who used the Baptist Church vehicle to go around stealing Obama signs .. THAT would be part of the news story, right? So why bury the fact that they are all Union guys and Obama supporters? Telling the truth isn't 'emphasizing' .. it's just telling the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join