It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Union Workers Caught With Truckload of Stolen Romney Signs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by YourWIFI

Ahhhh....

So you are suggesting that the Union was bought off by Romney operatives ??

Maybe the "Romney operatives" were really Obama Campaign undercover agents ?

There has been NO LIMIT to the dirty-ball that the Right has been up to lately. THEY are the desperate ones. The timing, the two birds with one stone, a key state, lots of dirty money from the Right going on in the background...

...dirty money, dirty money, dirty money...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Yes.

It WAS P-e-r-f-e-c-t timing for a Liberal style attack

No question now.

"only the left does it with that kind of style and class"

No doubt about it !!

Guilty as charged.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Why are you drooling over 4 people?
lol

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by xuenchen

Why are you drooling over 4 people?
lol

Gee I don't really know

Why do you ask ?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Are you Fxxking Serious? It's ok to steal if the other guy stole first!

If that is the attitude of the average dem. then the reps deserve every vote they get, and the dems every vote they lose.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Some of the comments here are hilariously predictable.

Dead body? Check.
Person standing over it? Check.
Blood all over the guy? Check.
Holding the weapon? Check.
Surveillance video of the killing? Check.

No doubt about it...he was framed!

/TOA

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well its all for nothing. Someone was flying a blimp around town with a large Mitt face on the side. "American needs Romney" the blimp said.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Quite honestly, I couldn't care any less for those signs. Personally if I owned a community it woulld be deed restricted and have an HOA Just for the sole purpose of keeping those ugly signs from being out on their front lawns. I think it's so white trash. You like your candidate, good go out and vote do not make my beautiful world a trailer park with campaign signs. The only signs they could put up is for sale signs, advertisement for their contractors that did their work (But only for a limited time), and those tiny signs that tell you their house has ADT security system or whatever security system. I think the only thing trashier than campaign signs are plastic lawn ornament Pink Flamingoes.
I actually wish that St Petersburg would put a law in that says nobody can do it. I think that if they can raise hell about a woman putting a cross on her lawn and signs about bible study on her front lawn than they need to get on the ball and stop these white trash political trolling signs. That's my .02.
edit on 5-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarity and spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The headlines read what the facts are. If the facts were that four members of a Baptist Church had taken a vehicle owned by the church and went around stealing Obama signs .. then that would be the headline that the Huffington Post would use. It's just the way it is ...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I live in the area. They were Union (which speaks volumes to me), and they are Dems.

No ands, ifs, or buts.

They broke the law and only reinforced those minds whose signs that were taken.

They didn't accomplish anything other than get a criminal record.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Quite honestly, I couldn't care any less for those signs.

I don't like the ones on the sides of the road or at intersections. They shouldn't be allowed out on that property .. IMHO. They are trashy. But if someone puts one on their own private lawn is their business and these people were stealing private property. But I hear ya' on calling the political signs trashy ... that's the same as what I think.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI
There has been NO LIMIT to the dirty-ball that the Right has been up to lately.

Oh please ... the left and the right both have people within their ranks who aren't exactly the creme of society. You think that just because someone has a (D) after their name they are somehow not going to do something illegal?? That's funny!

These guys were caught in the act.
They are union members and Obama supporters.
That's just the fact of the matter.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Your reply is at odds with your signature.

I've lived in a couple very nice manufactured houses in nice neighborhoods, no yard signs that I can remember.

Then you cruise a McMansion neighborhood and they are everywhere.

I do agree that political signs should be verboten, but that is just my opinion as well. They are temporary so should not hurt the value of the homes around them.

And I HATE HOA's.

Nobody tells me what I can and cannot do on property that I own. (With the exception of the annual tax thing.)

What I don't get is why would a person want to advertise their affiliation with whatever cause that is flammable. Cars get vandalized because of bumper stickers, Houses get vandalized because of yard signs, people get assualted because of the shirt they wear.

Makes no sense to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by ldyserenity

Your reply is at odds with your signature.

I've lived in a couple very nice manufactured houses in nice neighborhoods, no yard signs that I can remember.

Then you cruise a McMansion neighborhood and they are everywhere.

I do agree that political signs should be verboten, but that is just my opinion as well. They are temporary so should not hurt the value of the homes around them.

And I HATE HOA's.

Nobody tells me what I can and cannot do on property that I own. (With the exception of the annual tax thing.)

What I don't get is why would a person want to advertise their affiliation with whatever cause that is flammable. Cars get vandalized because of bumper stickers, Houses get vandalized because of yard signs, people get assualted because of the shirt they wear.

Makes no sense to me.

Here we have deed restricted property which means to live there you sign a form (but it's your choice to live there or not) that states you won't do certain things at all with your property and there are things you have to even go before a panel to do to your home or property, but my main point is that this city has some ordinance about signs and certain things of that nature but these political signs are overlooked or they're picking at a woman because they just don't like her. So if that's the case they are hypocrites, and yes I have seen the mcmansions with the political signs, it makes no difference still looks white trashy and money doesn't equate to class which is exactly the point of my signature.

ETA I also add that I'm not crazy about HOA's either unless they're my rules which aren't that strict in my eyes, but some of them do go way too strict and ridiculous.
edit on 5-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Try putting out Obama signs in central Texas outside of the big cities and see how long they last. I am not defending the person that stole the signs, but merely pointing out that it happens all the time. What signs that get stolen depend on the political party of the local nutbags.

Personally, I will destroy any political sign that gets put in my yard without my permission regardless of the party.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Kaploink because: meh

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Try putting out Obama signs in central Texas outside of the big cities and see how long they last. I am not defending the person that stole the signs, but merely pointing out that it happens all the time. What signs that get stolen depend on the political party of the local nutbags.

Personally, I will destroy any political sign that gets put in my yard without my permission regardless of the party.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Kaploink because: meh

The lady at the entrance to my subdivision has had an Obama sign out for over month, I live in Mclennan county, and a staunch conservative area. No problems with sign removal here, on both sides.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You don't think union thugs are capable of this?

Two points...
1) ANY election, from dog catcher to Grand Poo-bah, has jerks from both sides stealing signs. I say put them in the stocks and throw rotten vegetables at them.

2) You are very liberal with the phrase 'union thugs'. I trust that is not how you address all union members and those who serve as stewards, etc, because I did a damn fine job as a chief steward and even you would have applauded the vast majority of what I accomplished in that role.

Cliches don't enhance yer stance, eh?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Bottom Line: Union vehicles were used in stealing "large" political signs. The Obama bailout helped unions.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Bottom Line: Union vehicles were used in stealing "large" political signs. The Obama bailout helped unions.

Incidental to the bigger picture which is that sign theft happens in all elections is done by all parties and all the ranting from you about Obama and unions won't change that simple fact.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What gets me is why do people who steal yard signs think that they will somehow influence the election in favor of their guy? What they are doing is illegal and it just ticks off the people. It's really childish behavior.

To be honest, I never even looked at the signs until yesterday. So this goes to prove that it really does make no difference. Unless you have no clue who is even running... Then maybe seeing a name may stick in their uneducated mind.

edit on 5-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join