It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Union Workers Caught With Truckload of Stolen Romney Signs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Do these people really think that by stealing the yard signs of the politician they dont like, that somehow that's going to make everyone want to vote for their guy? :shk: The facebook sites for these guys have them all as Obama supporters. The men are members of Union #33 - Sheet Metal Workers. The pickup truck used in the thefts is owned by the Sheet Metal Workers International, Union Local 33 as well. The signs were taken from private properties and not from public roadsides.

Union Workers Charged with Stealing Romney Signs in Ohio
Ohio Union Members Caught with a Truckload of Stolen Romney Signs

The Sheet Metal Workers' Local 33 - Toledo page on Facebook is awash in liberal talking points promoting Barack Obama for president and attacking Romney. An October 27 status update pleading with members to help distribute campaign literature closed with, "We have 10 days left lets not wake up on Wednesday with our heads hung low because we lost. Remember right to work for less will be the death of us all."

Romney has voiced support for a national right-to-work law, which would allow employees in unionized workplaces to opt out of union membership without being forced to pay "fair share" fees.

The Ohio Liberty Coalition story quoted John McAvoy, president of the Northwest Ohio Conservative Coalition, as saying, "This morning 4 men driving a pickup truck registered to the Sheet Metal Union, Local 33 were arrested and charged with receiving stolen property – in the form of a bed full of Romney/Ryan yard signs, some measuring as large as 4'x8'." "Also in the truck were tools such as drills, which were possibly used to take the large signs down," McAvoy added. "The signs were allegedly removed from several private property and business locations across Lucas and Wood County."

Personal side note ... three weeks ago I was driving in the south west area outside philly. There were TONS of Romney signs out in front of houses. I saw a car driving along the road, pulling up to the signs, and a woman going and ripping the signs out of the yards and stuffing them into the trunk of her car. WHY on earth would anyone think that less political yard signs of the opponent would mean a boost for their guy?? This behavior is childish.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I have about 1/2 mile of frontage on a state highway. The signs change faster than I can keep track of. I also haven't given anyone permission to put the signs up so out we go every couple of days to gather signs. Probably over 100 so far. Left right animate inanimate conehead no cone they all put their signs out there and I burn the paper and plastic and put the stakes in the recycle pile where they rightfully belong

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Personally I think all those political signs by the highway are an eyesore and wish they wouldn't be allowed on the main road like that. (and they are dangerous in a wind storm) But these were personal yard signs that were taken by the opponent so it's trespassing and theft of private property.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

This shows how desperate many people are right now.

At least these guys have a job.

I wonder if the signs are made of sheetmetal ?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
With all of the under-handed, unethical, dirty tricks that have been coming out of the Republican camp the last few months, I would bet it is WAY MORE LIKELY that a crew of Romney paid supporters put their extra stash of signs in the Union truck just to make the Democrats look as SLIMY as them to level the field. Honestly, look how SLIMY the Republican camp has been lately and you will see that THIS scenario is the MOST LIKELY if anything.

And IF it was a Dem thing, it is still WAAAAAAAAAAY minor in comparison to what the Right has been up to in the last few months. But this sounds like a republican "job" as this is like "getting two birds with one stone for the Republicans" by making the left look unethical as well as the Union. Two birds, one stone. VERY SUSPICIOUS I SAY...

There is NO DOUBT that the SLIMY, SLIMY, SLIMY Republicans have been playing VERY DIRTY BALL LATELY.

Most logical conclusion points to Republicans up to their SLIMY ways AGAIN as USUAL.

edit on 5-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

Nope.

They had to be Obama people.

IMO only of course.

The truck is owned by the Union Local.

The men all have verified identities. Two are even union business agents

"...the website for Union Local 33 lists Russell and Monaghan as business agents for the Toledo district, and Beaubian's Facebook page lists himself as a sheet metal journeyman since 1999."

B-U-Z-Z

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI
With all of the under-handed, unethical, dirty tricks that have been coming out of the Republican camp the last few months, I would bet it was WAY MORE LIKELY that a crew of Romney paid supporters ...

Dude .... did you read the links? The union guys were caught .. in a union truck .. stealing the signs. Names, ages, and their union affiliation were given in the report. UNION thugs who are Obama supporters - they are the perps.

SLIMY, SLIMY, SLIMY Republicans probably involved here.

If people are SLIMY, SLIMY, SLIMY for doing this .. then guess what .. it was SLIMY, SLIMY, SLIMY Obama supporting Union thugs who did it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

In other news: Tom Cruise gives up 25-year devotion to Scientology to win back Katie's love!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

With all of the under-handed, unethical, dirty tricks that have been coming out of the Republican camp the last few months, I would bet it was WAY MORE LIKELY that a crew of Romney paid supporters ...

Dude .... did you read the links? The union guys were caught .. in a union truck .. stealing the signs. Names, ages, and their union affiliation were given in the report. UNION thugs who are Obama supporters - they are the perps.

SLIMY, SLIMY, SLIMY Republicans probably involved here.

If people are SLIMY, SLIMY, SLIMY for doing this .. then guess what .. it was SLIMY, SLIMY, SLIMY Obama supporting Union thugs who did it.

It all sounds way to suspicious, and a Right-wing stunt. More investigations is needed into this one.

Sounds like it may have a sprinkling of bribes from the Right (Koch brothers comes to mind) to have this staged. There is NO limit to what stunts can be pulled from dirty money. More investigation is needed, as this is too suspicions...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

With all of the under-handed, unethical, dirty tricks that have been coming out of the Republican camp the last few months, I would bet it is WAY MORE LIKELY that a crew of Romney paid supporters put their extra stash of signs in the Union truck just to make the Democrats look as SLIMY as them to level the field. Honestly, look how SLIMY the Republican camp has been lately and you will see that THIS scenario is the MOST LIKELY if anything.

And IF it was a Dem thing, it is still WAAAAAAAAAAY minor in comparison to what the Right has been up to in the last few months. But this sounds like a republican "job" as this is like "getting two birds with one stone for the Republicans" by making the left look unethical as well as the Union. Two birds, one stone. VERY SUSPICIOUS I SAY...

There is NO DOUBT that the SLIMY, SLIMY, SLIMY Republicans have been playing VERY DIRTY BALL LATELY.

Most logical conclusion points to Republicans up to their SLIMY ways AGAIN as USUAL.

edit on 5-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

Suspicious indeed
you stole the words right out of my mouth

the signs probably were left over lol
Romney supporters would never let thousand of unused signs
to go to waste 2 days before the election when they can create another photo op
take picture of this truck and give it to Fox new so they can make a breaking news out of it
so it can look legit in an article

it show that Romney supporters are in panic mode right now
creating yet again lies out of thin air to make silly articles on biased news channels
edit on 11/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

It all sounds way to suspicious, and a Right-wing stunt. More investigations is needed into this one.

You don't think union thugs are capable of this?

THEY WERE CAUGHT DOING IT. Four Obama supporting union guys took a union truck and went around stealing Romney signs from private property. It's just that simple. There are idiots to be found in both the republican and democrat camps. Do you think that somehow the democrats are immune from having morons in their ranks? Apparently not. THEY WERE CAUGHT.

What gets me is why do people who steal yard signs think that they will somehow influence the election in favor of their guy? What they are doing is illegal and it just ticks off the people. It's really childish behavior.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
My neighbor had her Obama/Biden signs uprooted 2 times in the same week.

I don't know how some people can claim these are signs of "desperation",

imo, it's just vandalism

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Naahhhhh.......

They will be found guilty as charged !!

No cover up here this time.

G-U-I-L-T-Y

edit on Nov-05-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Romney supporters would never let thousand of unused signs ...

Did you read the information? The perps were caught with the truck and with the signs.
All four have their facebook accounts listing their union and that they are Obama supporters.
Why is it so hard for some of you on the left to realize that both the right AND THE LEFT
have some idiots who do illegal things ???

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

I don't know how some people can claim these are signs of "desperation",

imo, it's just vandalism

Now we are getting somewhere !!

THAT sounds more like a Left Wing plot for sure

link   
Come on guys, don't fall into FOX level spin and denial here... our boys were caught red handed. Though the story does sensationalize four morons into Ohio Union workers.

link   
Lets look at it all:

Its in OHIO, a KEY STATE. CHECK!!

It makes the Union look bad. CHECK!!

It makes Dems look desperate. CHECK!!!

Republicans have been doing everything to win this lately pulling NO PUNCHES as they are gonna LOSE. CHECK!!

Big dirty money from the Right has been active in stunts like this. CHECK!!

Its WAAAAAAAAAY too suspicious. CHECK!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Ahhhh....

So you are suggesting that the Union was bought off by Romney operatives ??

Maybe the "Romney operatives" were really Obama Campaign undercover agents ?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Ben81
Romney supporters would never let thousand of unused signs ...

Did you read the information? The perps were caught with the truck and with the signs.
All four have their facebook accounts listing their union and that they are Obama supporters.
Why is it so hard for some of you on the left to realize that both the right AND THE LEFT
have some idiots who do illegal things ???

Its easy to infiltrate or make false identities just to create a big lie
sorry i dont buy that story.. Obama supporters have way more class lol

Romney camp have been caught so many time to use such strategy

dont shoot the messenger for being precautious
especially hours before the election .. im carefull
those 4 midget dont represent the entire union workers .. they are nothing
edit on 11/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Like I said .. both sides have idiots who are doing this. It's theft. It's trespassing. It's childish.
WHO thinks that by taking yard signs that they'll somehow change an election????
STRANGE.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join