It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law Officially Declared in Parts of New Jersey.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

it was about 1:13 into the video when the newscaster said that "SEASIDE HEIGHTS has declared Martial Law"

found this:

Jersey Shore Declares Martial Law Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a ...

1 day ago ... The boardwalk town of Seaside Heights, NJ, best known for being the location
where MTV's Jersey Shore is filmed, has declared martial law in ...
www.infowars.com/iconic-boardwalk-town-in-new-jersey-declares-martial-law-after-sandy-devastation/

so, the Jersey Shore local declares Martial Law,,, whats that for? Atlantic City did not but the TV show town did? hey its either for the publicity or because of the Hollywood filming equipment locked down there in the suburb area

edit on 5-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yup it's true,

SSH is under martial law, other areas had a curfew. I don't think it was really enforced. I passed by a bunch of cops a few times really late during the blackout. the worst I got was 'Go home there is a curfew in effect.'

thats about it...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I hate answers like this and not because you don't support the posters questions but because you just give a horrible response. Firstly you seem to have some uncanny knowledge of the ins and outs of government infrastructure and the level of corruption that perpetuates it with your bold "NO" statements as if you are an expert authority in the subject matter. That would be bad enough but you give no reason why said statements are falsely and/or ignorantly stated thus making you appear more ignorant than the poster himself.

If you want to be the voice of intelligence and reason, one would speculate a "no" answer for future events are just as bad as me saying in the early 1900's that we will never send a man to the moon or explore space. I probably would have kept quiet but I see more and more of these answers shutting down engaging questions that could warrant a deserving response.
edit on 5-11-2012 by ApolloBloodline because: Typo

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

So there are no "looters" there. There is nobody left on these islands except WHO? And now you have to wonder why martial law is declared to keep them away.

Tried to find it and couldn't. One news reporter claimed that looters were trolling along off shore in boats looking for places to come ashore and loot. By boat.
Police and guard want everybody out so there are no mistakes in the middle of the night. Thats another reason they are doing the door to door searchers. Once cleared these neighborhoods that are essentially destroyed are patrolled by armed guards at night. Looters beware!

Edit: Also heard reports of people torching their cars and houses to collect on the insurance. That could get out of hand too. So yah.
edit on 5-11-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

I don't know what to say anymore...the main reason people were made to leave is because of the gas and sewerage leaks. There are pictures from the night of the storm that look similar to the oil wells burning during the Gulf War. It is unacceptable for anyone but utility and maybe law enforcement to be on these islands right now...it is too dangerous! I found this video from October 31, 2012 on ABC News which gives us an idea of the danger resulting from this.

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 5-11-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Rockpuck

The only part of martial law that I have heard that has been implemented in NJ is a curfew.

That has nothing to do with "Martial Law" .. curfews are "Civil" laws.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
I think they do that whenever there is a large disaster they did it here for Katrina, they weren't letting anyone in at first then they started letting people who lived here in to come see what kind of damage they had. People down here were demanding they put us under marshall law around last Christamas when a little girl was shot in New Orleans, pretty much they wanted the National Guard back down here.

I left yrs ago, but still had some family in New Orleans up until early this yr. Its still a madhouse according to them, nothing can be prosecuted even if the people are caught, and folks are still running wild. Decent folks are pretty much caught in the crosshairs of the city being broken down. They still do the mob crimes. I figure the same will happen in NJ and the barriers... mainly for the same reasons as it did in NO... they figure a big mob of them wont be stopped ( true) and cops wont shoot in to a crowd like that, that are looting or trying to take over an area even with a shoot on sight order for looters ( true). If folks think the Guard will keep them safe playing soft ball martial law, they are mistaken.

This and the martial law in areas in NJ.. its a soft martial law. Its not like Argentinian type of martial law.. .

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I live in the Tri-state area and have homes in both PA and Jersey. While everyone in this area was effected by the storm, some areas were hit harder than others. Martial law has been issued in a couple counties in order to keep looting to a minimum. Remember this is a vacation destination...majority of the residents homes are left vacant for much of the off season, this means prime looting time for those with loose morals.

While Martial Law can carry a negative stigma I believe they have used it properly in this case.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

i can PROVE to you these rail cars are not for transporting people. Theyre for hauling cars. And guess what? The economy sucls. Therefore theres a lot that just sit around. I can show you semi trailers that havent moved in years too.

Something like 90% of highway busses are owned by the government. Greyhound and their affiliates. I can prove this to you as well....it says who owns it on the bottom rear corner on both sides. Most are owned by state governments, sure. Bought with federal funds. I assure you the feds can take control of these busses anytime they "need" to.

Stop spreading disinfo.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

If my answers needed more explanation, I would have added more explanation. The elections are not going to be postponed and we are not going to be seeing people forcibly removed by rail-car, to FEMA camps. As for the first stages of NWO takeover... well, some may say we've been in the midst of that since the early [last] century and others may say it's not happening at all, but either way, this is not the first stage (in my opinion). So, there you have it.

ETA: apparently, FEMA doesn't have enough water to hand out, let alone an actual running/working camp that can house the displaced, anyway. This whole notion that the govt. can and/or will manage the large number of people is such a lingering falsehood. It not only fuels this crazy FEMA camp conspiracy, but also fuels the notion that people should rely on the various agencies of govt. for help in a large scale emergency, which we've seen time and time again, not to be so (at least, not in the early stages).
edit on 5-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

If my answers needed more explanation, I would have added more explanation. The elections are not going to be postponed and we are not going to be seeing people forcibly removed by rail-car, to FEMA camps. As for the first stages of NWO takeover... well, some may say we've been in the midst of that since the early century and others may say it's not happening at all, but either way, this is not the first stage (in my opinion). So, there you have it.

I agree with Skadi. Although I have seen tweets and messages of folks who are asking where the fema camp IS and why cant they go there since they are homeless now, have nothing ( not even a coat or blanket), have displaced children, and NO resources.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Disinfo? No power, no water, looting rampant, and people getting quite argumentative over petrol and other essentials. I don't see the kind of response you should be seeing to help people, the situation seems to be being left to sort itself out, or to deteriorate until the federal authorities claim they can step in and take over the situation.

I would point out that the Germans never built rail cars to transport people to the death camps, they used rail cars built for other purposes.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

If my answers needed more explanation, I would have added more explanation. The elections are not going to be postponed and we are not going to be seeing people forcibly removed by rail-car, to FEMA camps. As for the first stages of NWO takeover... well, some may say we've been in the midst of that since the early [last] century and others may say it's not happening at all, but either way, this is not the first stage (in my opinion). So, there you have it.

ETA: apparently, FEMA doesn't have enough water to hand out, let alone an actual running/working camp that can house the displaced, anyway. This whole notion that the govt. can and/or will manage the large number of people is such a lingering falsehood. It not only fuels this crazy FEMA camp conspiracy, but also fuels the notion that people should rely on the various agencies of govt. for help in a large scale emergency, which we've seen time and time again, not to be so (at least, not in the early stages).
edit on 5-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

I just wanted to add that there are many local agencies and volunteers from citizens not affected as greatly by this storm, who live here that are helping in many different ways. There is no way possible unless someone takes alot of time to read the newspapers from this area or google online the many positive steps being made for those who lost so much. ALOT of this help is from regular folk...like us! Believe me when I tell you there are many "angels" out there!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n

Disinfo? No power, no water, looting rampant, and people getting quite argumentative over petrol and other essentials. I don't see the kind of response you should be seeing to help people, the situation seems to be being left to sort itself out, or to deteriorate until the federal authorities claim they can step in and take over the situation.

I would point out that the Germans never built rail cars to transport people to the death camps, they used rail cars built for other purposes.

Maybe it's the way the news is sensationalized these days, and usually bad news is the highlight of the report, however this may be the REASON you do not know how much help is being formulated and offered for those who are in need. Many regular citizens have pitched in enormously to aid their neighbors...and some are quite far yonder! The situation is definitely not "left to sort itself out," there are so many wonderful helping hands in these communities. It's certainly not all about FEMA, they cannot do it alone.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I wasn't stating that the questions really had a lot of substance but I believe to keep a forward thinking and intelligent board that ALL questions need to be entertained with a better response than a simple "no". It teaches the person nothing other than the fact the the responder opposed their view without the effort to explain why. It is just a personal opinion. I would hate it if it happened to me and so I do my best to make sure I don't do the same to someone else.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I used to live in seaside heights for almost a year. sucks to see it devastated.

my friends in the national guard. He's currently at seaside heights. i dont know what his purpose is there, all he told me was that, no body can go into the area.

he also told me the damage down there is like a huge bomb went off. houses off their foundations, boats on the roads, destroyed houses, missing boardwalks, etc.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
martial law in this situation seems to make sense, i really think people need to wait to see if it spreads to other municipalities and what the restrictions the citizens are given before people freak out. it is unnerving though...maybe the mayans were only 2 months off with this one...hmmmmmm
edit on 5-11-2012 by seven6two because: spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Every summer that a hurricane hits the outer banks of North Carolina including Hatteras, the island is closed off and even home owners are not allowed back on the island until it is safe to do so. They dont declare martial law. The home owners know that they are kept off the island because it is not safe to be there. Nothing is saying that martial law has been declared. Curfews are normal when there are no lights on the streets.
Most of the homes on the shore were destroyed and the homeowners have nothing to go back to but they want to see what they can salvage.
edit on 5-11-2012 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
FYI, in in cortland ny, at a truckstop. Theres an army convoy that just stopped here, talked to one of them. Theyre on their way to nj to help with the hurricane.

I was supposed to be going there but the chemical plants are still closed.

Originally posted by Rob37n

o

Yes, but the special made rail cars are the disinfo. Figured thats what you were talking about, and if you arent im sorry. Disinfo pisses me off, the government secretly spreads it allll over the place. But still, id expect busses to be a huge part of it. Dont you think its kind of weird that the government owns almost all the greyhound busses?

Is it really that bad down there? Hmm.....very odd...
edit on 5-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by seven6two
martial law in this situation seems to make sense, i really think people need to wait to see if it spreads to other municipalities and what the restrictions the citizens are given before people freak out. it is unnerving though...maybe the mayans were only 2 months off with this one...hmmmmmm
edit on 5-11-2012 by seven6two because: spelling

2 months? That would be one hell of an incredible accuracy to be 2 months off from correctly guessing the date of anything 5000 years into the future, wouldnt you say? Even then, i doubt anything huge will break out of this for atleast a month. They would have to be super covert for a while to delay the civil war that will happen.....
edit on 5-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yep, it's still crazy in NOLA the people who killed that little girl are out of jail I think, well one of them is in jail I hope he is anyway:

NOLA

Anyway I think it's a sad state of affairs that is going on in NOLA when the people of NOLA are calling for Marshall Law, I don't understand it. And IA it is a rather soft Marshall law, I don't think these people would be calling for it so easily if it had been a "greater" Marshall Law.

I don't think you can really call it "Marshall Law" but that's what everyone around here was calling it, the news, media, elected officials, but it wasn't really Marshall Law, and I'm thinking the same is probably true about New Jersey.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48
I don't know what to say anymore...the main reason people were made to leave is because of the gas and sewerage leaks. There are pictures from the night of the storm that look similar to the oil wells burning during the Gulf War. It is unacceptable for anyone but utility and maybe law enforcement to be on these islands right now...it is too dangerous! I found this video from October 31, 2012 on ABC News which gives us an idea of the danger resulting from this.

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 5-11-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

Oil wells burning? Well, my bad then, I guess. Because I would have thought that if there were giant fires burning day and night on that whole barrier island, that EVERYBODY would know about it. And people wouldn't be needing to be forced bussed off either. I believe that would have left voluntarily en masse had there been out of control fires burning with gas leaks. I've seen the floating remnants of the amusement park several times and NEVER have I seen gas fires and home fires burning in the background, cause you know, the media would love to have that for the 6 oclock local not to mention, the MSM.

Why the heck would homeowners be clamoring to enter in to the hellish scene that is described by posters here?

I saw a video of Long Beach, I believe. First they were going along in a boat in the daytime then it edits to dark scenes of fires that who even knows when or where that footage was??
If it was the same area same day, I would really be wondering how come after these officials get over there with no fires or smoke became raging fires later on. You know?

I seriously doubt that even looters would go into a raging inferno like that, or never knowing where the gas leaks are and risking a spark.

edit on Mon Nov 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join