It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law Officially Declared in Parts of New Jersey.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

mr spad, always coming into threads with your logic and reason! How dare you!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by jude11

I looked up to you Jude11. You had good threads. Interesting threads.

I'm disappointed.

The police are doing their jobs here. You can flame away at me but if your property was there, you would want to make dang sure looters weren't let in.

Peace

Once again...

READ the OP.

I am asking the same questions that you are.

Is it happening? Is it necessary?

Are there members nearby that can verify what is happening and if its necessary?

I'm not there so I am asking these questions as we all do.

These are questions that ATS members SHOULD be asking but most times do not.

Sorry you feel this way but I am only relaying what is being reported by the MSM and other not-so-mainstream sources.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
reply to post by MrSpad

mr spad, always coming into threads with your logic and reason! How dare you!

And your opinion, thoughts, ideas...would be?

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

S&F

TOMS RIVER — Residents are being forcibly evacuated tonight from seven Ocean County communities because of extensive repairs needed after the devastation Hurricane Sandy left behind, Seaside Height Police Chief Thomas Boyd said. Authorities told residents they may not be able to return home for months. "It's looking bad. It's a catastrophe," Boyd said. The towns affected are Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, island sections of Berkeley Township, South Seaside Park, Lavallette, Ortley Beach and Mantoloking.

Hurricane Sandy update: Local residents banned from barrier island up to 8 months

That whole area is a mess......

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I looked for this on ATS but couldn't find it. Unless it's under a different title. If it's been posted...Go at it Mods.

Is this necessary? I'm not there so can't really say, but are there any members in the area that can weigh in on how serious the situation is and whether they think Martial Law is justified?

The part that got me is the news announcement that briefly skimmed over it without even pausing. Almost as a filler in between. I always thought Martial Law was a serious subject but apparently it isn't anymore.

theintelhub.com...

Seaside Heights, New Jersey, made famous by the hit MTV Show Jersey Shore, is under a complete state of lockdown with residents who evacuated before the storm being denied reentry to the island. During a segment on ABC World News Now, the corporate news anchor reported this fact as if it was either a completely normal occurrence or if it just really didn’t matter all that much.

The Martial Law announcement lasts about 10 secs I believe...About the 1 minute mark.

And it seems that it could spread to other areas as well.

“In Wilkes-Barre, where residents were ordered off the streets by 9 p.m. Monday, the city council met in emergency session and authorized Mayor Tom Leighton to “take any necessary action,” including the declaration of martial law, “to protect the health, safety and welfare” of residents.

Seaside Heights, New Jersey is not the only town that has considered and is implementing martial law. In the Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania officials have openly contemplated martial law after a slew of other emergency declarations in reaction to major flooding caused by Hurricane Sandy.

Peace

edit on 4-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Martial Law had to be declared and should have been declared to stop LOOTERS from taking what doesn't belong to them and go one step further by giving the National Guard orders "Shoot to Kill" anyone caught in the act of LOOTING. That should be the message to take to heart and put fear in the minds of Criminals. If they are stupid enough to try to LOOT after that order is given, they get what they deserve.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Guys, I am in NJ and after all I saw in the last days here, I was expecting something like that. Martial Law is not all bad. Considering the situation, it seems justified.

I lived in martial law a couple of times in other country, under a militar regime. So, this one is not so bad.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I have to agree. Last year in Joplin after the tornado, we had curfews in our affected areas. Blockades went up in the evenings, we were asked to not wander around at night and the National Guard rode along with the local police. Our infrastructure was not equipped to function under the circumstances that resulted from a devastating tornado.

edit on 5-11-2012 by NiteNGale2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Guys, I am in NJ and after all I saw in the last days here, I was expecting something like that. Martial Law is not all bad. Considering the situation, it seems justified.

I lived in martial law a couple of times in other country, under a militar regime. So, this one is not so bad.

Forgot to mention, few days ago the convenience store at one block from my home was robbed. My landlord told me the owner of a near gas station got killed. Picture that.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It is actually that bad. The whole barrier islands were practically wiped out, gas leaks, explosions, looters, the whole place is just not safe for anyone but emergency crews to secure it first.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I remember when we got hit in Texas some years ago, and they would not let anyone gain access to much of certain parts of the coast. I personally do not think this is a big deal at all, even if it were marshal law, because it is only a small area, and due to the circumstances this is understandable. They do not want people going back there for the health of the public, which is a good idea.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by jude11

S&F

TOMS RIVER — Residents are being forcibly evacuated tonight from seven Ocean County communities because of extensive repairs needed after the devastation Hurricane Sandy left behind, Seaside Height Police Chief Thomas Boyd said. Authorities told residents they may not be able to return home for months. "It's looking bad. It's a catastrophe," Boyd said. The towns affected are Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, island sections of Berkeley Township, South Seaside Park, Lavallette, Ortley Beach and Mantoloking.

Hurricane Sandy update: Local residents banned from barrier island up to 8 months

That whole area is a mess......

Or not. If it were a complete mess then why did they have to go there to forceably remove people by the several busloads?
What do you imagine there are no smokers over there? No one using fire places? No one using a coleman lantern?
If there were the sort of gas leaks they are claiming the whole skyline would have lit up periodically with explosions of homes from time to time. I don't think that was happening.

The media will dutifully print what they are told. Too bad there are no eyewitnesses left.
I hope they had the time to photograph their homes inside and out to document the condition they were in when
they left it.

Eight months from now I suspect the whole barrier island will be bulldozed.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I believe your are right and I'm starting the rumor were giving the barrier islands to China to pay off our debt.No run with it Forrest

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes it is necessary it is like mad max on the shore plus it is in complete devastation. Sewers have been compromised, gas is leaking, looters are everywhere. The other day a gang of guys were stealing the arcade games and loading them onto trucks wearing masks. I should also mention that there has been threads on this subject and that the situation has now included forced evacuation. One women said that she was given five minutes to grab her things before being shipped off in a bus. Authorities say that they will allow residents to return to there homes in upwards of 8 months.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What about the homeless?, it's all well and good demanding everyone be off the streets by a certain time, but, some people can't be off the streets just because a bunch of morons tell them they can't be there.
And yes, there are hostels, but they cannot get every single homeless person inside, some of the homeless can't even get into hostels due to a time limit being imposed on how often they can use them.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The homeless probably have a reasonably decent place to sleep for once,or maybe a place like they have become used to.Shelters and such.

One also must consider that people are disposable in the U.S.

It will probably come to light later that many died.

We don't care about lost souls here,homelessness is one's own fault.

The whiners are the ones who can't stand not having their luxuries.

I've been homeless,nobody cares unless they somehow benefit more than they help the less fortunate.

Homeless people are toyed with,nobody cares about someone they see as a failure.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
reply to post by jude11

Every time the words "martial law" are mentioned everyone on ATS starts going mad.....have you ever considered that martial law might be a good thing? Especially in this scenario, where looters are filing the streets and the rule of law has slipped.

I was going to say! I was thinking the exact same thing while reading the article!
One minute you have people saying "tsk tsk, which animals loot during such a time" then you get the same people complaining that they're not being looked after.

What DO you want? Really? Do you even know?

Besides, all i saw in that video was uniformed soldiers doing tasks which state emergency services would otherwise carry out.
edit on 5-11-2012 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The only part of martial law that I have heard that has been implemented in NJ is a curfew.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think they do that whenever there is a large disaster they did it here for Katrina, they weren't letting anyone in at first then they started letting people who lived here in to come see what kind of damage they had. People down here were demanding they put us under marshall law around last Christamas when a little girl was shot in New Orleans, pretty much they wanted the National Guard back down here.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sonny, your avatar just creeped me out, awesome.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
there are people looting for basic needs and then there are people looting for anything that they can pawn . i would not want to be a homeowner or business owner and have to come back and find that anything of value has been stolen from me

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join