It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge for the Mason haters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I believe it's been explained to you that the scene you referenced at 6:25 has nothing to do with masonry.
Anyone who believes that deserves to be misled.

A tiny bit of common sense is required when researching things on the internet.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
"common sense time people" All religion's good or evil..they are nothing more than the fundamentals,morals, and beliefs of mortal people,throughout the sands of time many of these religions,cults,and organizations have risen and fallen.
They all have the same things in them....weird rituals,extreme beliefs,strange ceremonies,And most...but not all religions try to keep their flock,group or clan in one secretive group,And usually these higher respected members are the one running the show,to keep what ever the denomination is going on their personal and or group agendas.
That is what it is...nothing more.Aside from that If there is a true god of any type then id say it would let the world know it's power when and where it chooses...not based on the expectations of blind followers.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Onewhoknowsjesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NadimahElizabeth

I've never hung anybody under a bridge, or known anyone else (Mason or otherwise) that has done anything similar. I also have never recruited another person to become a Mason, especially a school child. If I lived in a place where hangings under bridges were common, I believe I would move.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
reply to post by darkhorserider

Any bad press or animosity toward Mason's is the direct result of weird and secret ceremonies carried out in rooms without windows. When secret handshakes and oaths taken under the threat of bodily harm are a requirement for membership in an organization it reeks of sinister intentions.

All college fraternities have secret handshakes and oaths. I have worked in a government building without windows. All corporate board meetings are secret and start and end with ceremonies.

If these are the cause for animosity, then folks must hate everybody!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks Beez! You're a good bunny.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueNose

Theres plenty anecdotal evidence out there to support these claims both online and in the real world, look no further than minnie1985s reply to my previous post. Again, im not claiming all masons are evil but i'll ask again, if they're simply a charitable organisation, why the need for the secrecy?

The masons were persecuted in the past. It explains the secrecy. If you even want to call it that. Because a truly secret society you wouldn't even know about.

Still, Masonic secrecy often inspired opposition to the society. In the 19th century, the Vatican issued anti-Masonic encyclicals, one of them branding the Masons "the Synagogue of Satan." Hitler ranted against the Masons. But some Masons have had fun with the orders' secrets over the years.

www.npr.org...

But why not argue that the RCC is an evil secret society? The RCC has been found to cover up the abuse of children at the governing level. Which means there is a systematic corruption. And as far as secrets go, when was the last time you were allowed to look into the vatican archives?

I think singling out the masons as "evil" because they don't offer memberships the way the boy scouts do... Is a little odd, don't you?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You claim past persecution of the masons explains the secrecy then back up this claim with a source that states masons were persecuted against BECAUSE OF their secrecy? Ok...

Also, i don't see what the catholic church has to do with this subject and i certainly don't remember saying i support them in any way. Feel free to quote any post where i did, otherwise please stay on topic.

To answer your last point, i think common sense says its a good thing to be wary of an organisation who keeps secrets as a requisite of their very existance or to obtain membership to said organisation. Not to be suspicious of this would be pretty naive wouldn't you agree?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
My bewilderment with mason-haters eventually turned into compassion because, from my interaction with them, it began to dawn on me that many of them are emotionally and mentally disturbed. So I went from arguing with them to helping them, if they wanted help. Various childhood traumas, chemical imbalances and psychiatric conditions can lead you to become convinced of things that arent there. You cant really argue with them if that is what they see. All you can do is show compassion.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This post is ridiculously ignorant!

So in your opinion, anyone who has a differing opinion from yourself has obviously gone through some kind of trauma and needs to be helped?

Arrogant much?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueNose

Ive talked to hundreds of mason haters here and they see so many things that dont exist...with total conviction. So yes, there are psychiatric conditions involved. Its more compassion than arrogance that I now feel.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Masons? Really? People create little societies like these?

If I had to throw on a Mason shirt where I stay I would get. . . . . absolutely no reaction from the local community.

People might think it's got something to do with Marilyn Manson and the "n" might have been left out or something. . .

Who are the masons? what's their whole purpose? what do they aim to achieve?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Again, your post reeks of arrogance.

I don't know what kind of responses you expect to that statement but it certainly doesn't come across as compassionate

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DariusHames
Masons? Really? People create little societies like these?

If I had to throw on a Mason shirt where I stay I would get. . . . . absolutely no reaction from the local community.

People might think it's got something to do with Marilyn Manson and the "n" might have been left out or something. . .

And thus the reason for issuing the challenge.

I guarantee there is no place in the world where people have heard of Marilyn Manson, but they haven't heard of Masonry.

Maybe you don't know much about it, but there are many in your community that do. Put on the shirt and try it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DariusHames

Well you'll need to join them and reach the 33rd degree to actually know the goal of masonry and the god(s) they worship. The low ranks masonnette that post here probably can't clearly answer your question and neither can I because all I heard are rumors.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueNose

Again, your post reeks of arrogance.

I don't know what kind of responses you expect to that statement but it certainly doesn't come across as compassionate

Just for posting in a pro-masonic manner Ive been accused of raping goats and children, conspiring to blanket bomb entire countries with chemical weapons, having started world war 1, 2 and planning to start 3, having destroyed atlantis, manipulating ATS and numerous other internet outlets...and thats only the beginning of what I have heard. Ive also been stalked, attacked, threatened for allegedly being involved in all of these atrocious things.

Since I am well aware that I am a harmless person who knows of and did no such things, there is only one conclusion left. "How can I help this person get in touch with reality?"

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Just for the record, the majority of Masons posting here (except for me) are 32nd Degree, with a couple of Grand Masters and Grand Commanders among them.

The 33rd degree is an honorary degree, bestowed after years of service and volunteer work and mentorship to the craft. There isn't any grand secret or passed down at that point, it is just a way of honoring a lifetime contributing member.

By the way, I've ridden the goat, and I kind of liked it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
To suggest that Pike was just some guy giving his opinion on Freemasonry seems somewhat of a weak response.

The teachings of these Readings are not sacramental, so far as they go beyond the realm of Morality into those of other domains of Thought and Truth. The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite uses the word “Dogma” in its true sense, of doctrine, or teaching; and is not dogmatic in the odious sense of that term. Every one is entirely free to reject and dissent from whatsoever herein may seem to him to be untrue or unsound. It is only required of him that he shall weigh what is taught, and give it fair hearing and unprejudiced judgment.
Morals & Dogma, preface

What is truth to me is not truth to another. The same arguments and evidences that convince one mind make no impression on another. This difference is in men at their birth. No man is entitled positively to assert that he is right, where other men, equally intelligent and equally well-informed, hold directly the opposite opinion. Each thinks it impossible for the other to be sincere, and each, as to that, is equally in error. “What is truth?” was a profound question, the most suggestive one ever put to man. Many beliefs of former and present times seem incomprehensible. They startle us with a new glimpse into the human soul, that mysterious thing, more mysterious the more we note its workings. Here is a man superior to myself in intellect and learning; and yet he sincerely believes what seems to me too absurd to merit confutation; and I cannot conceive, and sincerely do not believe, that he is both sane and honest. And yet he is both. His reason is as perfect as mine, and he is as honest as I.
Morals & Dogma, Ch. X, p. 165-166

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Well hell! if there is a membership ring I'll join up.

I'll see if I can't find any Masons around here. Think this could be quite interesting

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Any bad press or animosity toward Mason's is the direct result of weird and secret ceremonies carried out in rooms without windows.
Movie theaters don't have windows either, for like reasons…

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DariusHames

Your profile mood says, "inquisitive," so as long as you are 18, without a criminal record, and believe in a single creator of the universe (name not important), then I think you will find it very interesting!

And yes, there are rings.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join