A challenge for the Mason haters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So, I wore a Masonic shirt out today. I rarely do it, but I had a light T-shirt, it is comfy, and it is a warm day, so I threw it on.

My first stop was Ace Hardware. At the checkout, the cashier asked if I was a Mason, and I said yes. I asked her if she knew some Masons, and she said, no, but she knew they were good people. I thanked her, and then the lady behind me spoke up. She said she knew Masons supported the Shriners, and her son had a club foot when he was born 15 years ago, and the Shriners Hospital in Tampa fixed the foot for free, and they still see him once every year, and he is running track in high school this year! She gushed about the Shriners and thanked me for my service.

I finished paying, and as I walked out, a man who had overheard the conversation stopped me and asked if I was a Shriner. I said yes, and he said 20 years ago, he and a friend had wrecked a 4-wheeler and his friend ended up underneath of it, against the exhaust and became very badly injured and burned. The local hospitals couldn't handle his injuries, and after being stablized he was flown to Shriners Burn Unit in Houston, where he was treated at no charge, and made a full recovery after several difficult surgeries.

Now, to be honest, this was a little distracting for me. I've heard these stories many, many times, and I was in quite a hurry to get a lot of errands run and yard work done today, but of course I was polite and thanked them for the conversation.

Next stop was the car wash, and as I vacummed my car, a young women from the next stall came over to ask if I was a Mason. I said yes, as I thought of the time ticking away on my vacuum token, and she proceeded to tell me her grandfather was a Mason, and her brother wanted to get involved, and she knew what a quality organization it was, and she hoped her brother would meet some really good role models there. My vacuum time ran out, and I proceeded to give her my name and number, and the numbers of a few other guys that would gladly talk to her brother if he was interested.

This was just one hour wearing a Masonic T-shirt on a Saturday morning.

For those folks that love to criticize, and think the whole world is similar to the internet...

I challenge you!
Put on a Masonic T-shirt one day, and go out into the world.

Don't lie about your affiliation. When folks ask, tell them you are not a Mason, you just like the T-shirt, and then listen to the stories they tell you about Masonry.

The only place Masons are feared and ridiculed is on the internet. In real life, real folks admire and appreciate Masonry, and they have nothing but good things to say about it. Not once in my 10 years as a Mason has a person ever asked if I was a Mason, and then proceeded to ask about conspiracy theories, or huff at my affiliation, or seem taken back, or mentioned anything remotely similar to the stuff on ATS and other sites.

TRY IT! I dare you. But don't do it if you have a lot of yard work to get done!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What about the stories about masons who kill a kid with their car and get away with it purely because they are a mason? Or do you lot do a good job covering those ones up?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So your saying that if i put on a Mason T-shirt I will unlock new quest when interacting with different characters.. Like in the Elder scrolls

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueNose

It would never happen that way.

If a Mason in my lodge killed a kid intentionally, the brother Masons would be right there to see him hang! In fact, commiting a felony of any sort, including just basic drug charges would get a Mason kicked out of the fraternity immediately, and no man is allowed in the Masons if they have a record.

I've heard the stories of Masons getting off charges, because the judge was a Mason, but they are just stories. I've been given speeding tickets from guys that are brothers in my own Lodge, LOL! We've also kicked guys out of my lodge after they were arrested for domestic violence, even though the charges later got dropped. Enough guys knew that there was something to the charges, that we didn't want him in our organization.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueNose
What about the stories about masons who kill a kid with their car and get away with it purely because they are a mason? Or do you lot do a good job covering those ones up?

Source?

Lets say hypothetically this happened, I believe that happens with people who aren't masons too. So does that mean everyone hits kids with their cars and covers it up?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
So your saying that if i put on a Mason T-shirt I will unlock new quest when interacting with different characters.. Like in the Elder scrolls

Exactly!
edit on 3-11-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No source, these things tend not to make the news and the event in question happened way before the internet came along

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueNose
No source, these things tend not to make the news and the event in question happened way before the internet came along

Like I said though, a firefighter could be involved in a hit and run, does that make all firefighters guilty of that? Another poster pointed out that criminal charges bar you from even joining...

So we are left with, "I heard a story about a mason that killed someone and got it covered up".

With no evidence to support it. Evidence to the contrary that it goes against the rules of the lodge.

MB: That’s all you have to do. And be a good person with no criminal record.

On the other hand, there is evidence of the hospitals they support.

How many children's hospitals have you supported this year?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueNose

Okay. No source, time, place or reference. They just tend to happen and no one hears? Wow. If I said this about any other group in society (and a few in particular) I could expect reactions bordering from the cold shoulder to torches and pitchforks.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Does your tshirt also say "No god but Allah?".

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have learned you have to look at each person individually because everyone
is different. By making judgements of millions of people based
on the group they are in doesn't make sense.

This goes both ways though. There are good and bad in every group.
We must think rationally on a person
by person basis.

Organizations don't exist in reality anyways, its a figment
of our collective imaginations.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

BEWARE of the MASONIC ORDER and the SHRINERS

The Masonic Lodge is a Satanic Cult! If you are a Mason or Shriner, you must repent and get out! The Masonic Lodge is the Father of many occultic religions which have spun from the rituals of the Lodge such as "The Order of the Golden Dawn", the "Rosicrucian s", "Ordo Templi Orientis", the "Order of the Trapeziod", the "Illuminati", and the Mormon Church (or "Latter day Saints"), and

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I am not a Mason.

I was approached to join approx 12 months ago and the offer still stands.

Indeed the internet has not been kind to freemasonry and unfortunately it has also taken a battering here on ATS but there are those members whom have provided very important links which I have read.

I want to help my fellow brothers and sisters in this world - is the craft the answer?

I am tending more and more to say Yes - it is.

It is time I made the decision.

S&F for kicking me off the fence.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Does your tshirt also say "No god but Allah?".

Why would it?

I'm not Muslim, I'm not even Christian, although most of my Lodge is.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Its all about Aliens. There is a famous ufologist, writer, director, producer, conspiracy theorist and documentarist called Juhan af Grann who is also a free Mason. He says he is quite highly ranked in there. So if Ufologist is member in such a society it has to have some sort of Alien related agenda...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

That argument has been made time and time again on ATS and other places, too bad it just isn't true.

For one thing, I don't even believe in a Satan, and I am still a Mason. For another thing, we account for every penny that comes into our Lodge and goes out of our Lodge (there aren't that many), so it would be impossible for us to be supporting some secret organization we aren't even aware of, and lastly, if we are not worshipping some god knowlingly, then we aren't worshipping it at all, LOL! You can't trick somebody into worshipping something without them knowing it is happening. In fact, we don't worship anything at all. We pray to the Creator of the Universe, whatever that may be.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Listening to the opinion of a bunch of random American sheep on the street isn't exactly the best way to find out the truth about something...

"Some sheep at the car wash said his daddy was a Mason and that they're great people! It MUST be true!"

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

TRY IT! I dare you. But don't do it if you have a lot of yard work to get done!

i have a simple mind and just wondered what you're comment above means?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Sorry to nitpick but people can worship something unknowingly.
For example money, most will do anything for it, but claim
they don't worship it.

Point is, people subconsciously exalt all sorts of things without
being fully aware of theirthoughts or actions.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

hello,

You are completely correct in saying that people should be more careful of the things they blame on freemasons as as with all groups of people there are bad eggs but the majority of people are true to their beliefs and shouldn't have to be tarred with the same brush, this goes for all stereotypes,

i know one freemason who was open about being a brother who is lovely and his heart is in the right place, but i have my suspicions about my boss too due to certain things he says and what looks like a masonic ring, and even though i have my suspicions about him i still talk about freemasonry and some of the evil doings and he never says a word, i'm going ask him but i've just got a feeling he'll lie as he's very good at lying and manipulating people, and if he says that yes he is a freemason then at least he already knows what i think of him, because there is something very odd about his behaviour and i'm not worried about hurting his feelings because i don't believe he's got any, except anger when he realises his neuro linguistic programming doesn't work on me and he loses it.

if i don't chicken out about asking him i'll report back here how it went, and if he is a freemason i'll be happy to explain some of the nasty tricks he's pulled so far

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join