It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge for the Mason haters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

I guess the whole Saville incident has completely passed you eh?

What about Tony Blair's D-notice? Ted Heath? Dunblaine? Lord Cullen? Thomas Hamilton? Lord Mandelson?

Oops am I naming names that should never have been mentioned...... Oh dear. The Masons do NOT like it when their own are discovered to be harbouring child abusers and paedophiles.

I could name more names, I really could...

Lord George Robertson? Michael Forsyth? Michael Powell? Roger Talboys? Harvey proctor? Christopher Pilkington?

Shall I stop now.... Is this getting a little bit too uncomfortable?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If nothing else, this has been an interesting thread to read through.

It definitely struck a chord with some masons that don't seem to post very often.

I have no opinion on masons yet, need more reliable information.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Morals & Dogma was essentially Pike's opinion as a supplement to the degrees of the Scottish Rite.

You can't just certain quotes out of context, but read the entire Chapter and the book builds on itself.

Many keep saying, "out of context" but either can't--or won't--explain how it's out of context. Not in any way that makes sense. It's a very clear statement:

"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry." (Morals and Dogma, p.819)

If the following Pike quote is legitimate, it also shows the mind-set of elitist attitudes:

“Fictions are necessary for the people, and the Truth becomes deadly to those who are not strong enough to contemplate it in all its brilliance. In fact, what can there be in common between the vile multitude and sublime wisdom? The Truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason.”
― Albert Pike

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by r2d246
However, I think the fundimental problem with Masons is that from what I understand they claim that you have to "believe in God" to join.

The requirement is belief in a Supreme Being, as in the Creator of the Universe. It would appear that just because not everyone calls that being 'Jesus Christ' is what the issue with you really boils down to.

So everyone gets to heaven in the end regardless of what they believe, is that how it works?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Why do people use this video? At 6:25 the video changes scenes and there is nothing to suggest that this new scene is tied to any Turkish Masonic Lodge. There is no proof that 33rds worship Satan.

reply to post by NadimahElizabeth

There is plenty of propaganda held against the Masons.

When I lived in Scotland years ago there were often masonic hangings under bridges.

Why would they hang out under bridges?

The lower level 'brothers' aren't allowed to know what the upper levels are doing either which is why there is a system of heirarchy in place granting knowledge as you ascend the levels.

What constitutes a "lower level" and "high level" Mason?

The checkered floor At 6:25

edit on 4-11-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I have explained many of the misconstrued quotes. The first quote comes from the 30th degree (or Knight Kadosh, or Knight of the White and Black Eagle) and it deals with the struggle against tyranny and ignorance. One should read the entire chapter, or rather the entire book, before passing judgment. You second quote is not quite what it is said in the book, but I don't disagree with the message.

reply to post by r2d246

A checkered floor does not constitute it as Masonry. It is clearly two different scenes and nothing in the second scene shows anything evidently Masonic.
edit on 4-11-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
So everyone gets to heaven in the end regardless of what they believe, is that how it works?
It's not for Masonry to say who gets into heaven and who doesn't. That's actually up to God, not men, to decide.

If you're a good man, and happen to be Christian and live by the moral codes outlined in the Bible, you may get into heaven.

If your'e a good man, and happen to be Muslim and live by the moral codes outlined in the Qur'an, you may get into Jannatu al-Khuld.

None of us will know until we've died. We're only mortal, and the infinite wisdom of God is inscrutable to us.

Any one of us can, at most, attempt to leave the most positive impact on our families, our communities, our friends and loved ones, as we can.

Freemasonry doesn't allow for "my God's better than your God" arguments. No mortal can know they're right. But that's no reason we can't work together for the good of our communities.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Yes in very generalized manner.

For example, many German citizens just prior to WW2 were
fully supportive of Hitler. Some even went into religious frenzies and
that behavior was state sponsored. We could probably agree
a lot of them were tricked into supporting evil while thinking
they were promoting good.

But overall, in reality, people only like and want money because
they exalt themselves.. Self worship is probably the most common of all.

Hell, we are easily all guilty of that one. Selfishness is a vice of all
people in the end.

Oh a few other good examples of unknowing participation in
the opposite of what they set out to become...

Christianity is actually a complete revised version of Mithra
and most refuse to acknowledge that, yet are virtual mirror images.
Islam is similar, they refuse to accept the historical fact Allah
comes from Alilat which was an Arabian version of Venus, yes a female deity.

What about the Jews who came out of Babylon with Zorobabel ?
They were saying that Mithra was the messiah during and after captivity.
Their religion has been forever altered by such events, yet few are
aware, or even care for that matter.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by muzzleflash

You have fire in your avitar. Fire=hell. Therefore, you are a satanist.

I know that sounds incredibly stupid. Stick around. You may find out that you actually do worship Satan. Unknowingly of course.

Its possible.

After all, they do say that rather than worshipping Satan what
is really going on is self worship. And it appears we are all quite guilty.
Especially the holier than thou religious fanatics who are the epitome
of apostasy and becoming exactly what they claim to be against.
edit on 4-11-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I would never wear a Masonic shirt out anywhere, because I would not want to be lynched, followed home, have my children stalked, or have my relatives killed. In other words, I do not want to be hated by society, so I would never do that.

And I do not like being spit on either.

edit on 4-11-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Something I may write about one day is the " Uncanny similarities
between modern Christianity and so called Witchcraft"

The act of praying and requesting assistance, is technically called
casting a spell. Getting in a circle holding hands praying for the spirits
to bless your food is also witchcraft.

Why are they praying to Amen the ancient God of Egypt?

Their alters, temples, statues, etc, contain imagery that goes completely against
their own understanding. Symbols we associate with negative abound
in their churches, but none seem to notice or care.

They continually practice ritual sacrifice, but since it is clouded
in mumbo jumbo , they don't seem to notice.

We could utilize similar lines of criticism for virtually any major organization
in existence today. Masons, the govt, McDonalds, religions, whatever.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don’t really have any particular opinion on freemasonry. That said, I have little time for cliques and secret societies and all of that as it is. I don’t know what the higher ranking free masons engage in. And I’m not sure whether your run of the mill, low level free mason would have any idea either. Why do people join these things? I don’t see any allure nor attraction in it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

I have a Masonic shirt that I wear and I have yet to have any of what you say happen to me or my family. What evidence do you have to support your assertion that society hates Freemasonry. Anti-Masonry is not the majority.

reply to post by BlindBastards

Everyone has their own reason for joining.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

From what I can tell, not everyone gets asked to be a Mason. They don't invite idiots, lowlifes, criminals and failures to join their ranks. Members are usually hardworking, intelligent and sit at positions of influence in their communities. In this way they are an "elite" group. Now. Anytime you get a bunch of competent people together, of course they get things done. Whether or not they have achieved some level of control in society is a non-question. Of course they have. People of quality cooperating naturally generate power. Whether or not this power is used for the benefit of the masses is up to those who wield it. Perhaps the Masons are benign, perhaps they are not. Perhaps Masonry is only a convenient way for the Illuminati to keep track of the smart members of the herd.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by magickmaster

I have a Masonic shirt that I wear and I have yet to have any of what you say happen to me or my family. What evidence do you have to support your assertion that society hates Freemasonry. Anti-Masonry is not the majority.

reply to post by BlindBastards

Everyone has their own reason for joining.

They claim they like Masonry in public, but secretly hate it. Anti Masonry is alive and thriving, underground. People talk about hunting them down, all the time. Like in Hunger Games

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I heard the masons cause toothaches and hair loss.
I read it on the internet/must be true.

Most mason fear and hatred isn't on the internet in the whole mainstream way..its more in the dark corners of the conspiracy community moreso than anything...but then again, any organization can be spun into big scary ebilness.

Personally, if I want to see evil organizations, I don't need to consider what people in lodges are talking about...I can simply read up on what these giant political superpacs are doing, or read up on the petrochemical corporations and their wholesale destruction of entire countries for power and financial consolidation.

Don't need a secret brotherhood for that...thats right out in the open.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

Masonic t shirt
fortify personality 20%
constant effect

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If I was a murderer or had committed an act of high treason I would want to be a Master Mason...There is a little town near where I live that has a lodge that allows convicted felons on parole and other assorted people of questionable character become members...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by magickmaster
They claim they like Masonry in public, but secretly hate it. Anti Masonry is alive and thriving, underground. People talk about hunting them down, all the time. Like in Hunger Games

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

And of course you have names and sources to back this rubbish up,, correct?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/11/2012 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Masons are corrupt people who masquerade behind charity work and ritual and such.

They are almost certainly responsible for hiding a massive paedophile ring in the UK and have been complicit in many cover ups including murder, child abuse and such.

So there must be dozens of them under investigation or in jail. Or if not, then there must be names of the known offenders, and witnesses lining up and complaining that they can't get due process. Please enlighten us with the specifics.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join