It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You hear the Audio Tones coming from your Television? Programming in Progress?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Can you explain more about the 7/7 blood sacrifice on the door? I don't want to OT the thread, but first I'd heard of it, and I can't find any reference on the interwebs.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I totally believe it - although I cannot hear it so well myself, since medications caused me to lose the hearing in one ear a few years back.

Strange, yesterday, I was sitting on my bed after a long, hard week, and I decided to watch TV to relax - suddenly, I realized that it was like a tractor beam had taken over my brain, I was just sitting there totally unaware of anything but the TV, like hypnotized - noticed it when I turned away, I was like, "WOW" - what the? I also notice that it can be hard to turn it off, once it is on, it's like something tells you to keep feeding on it, flipping channels, looking for more more more. I'm afraid to turn the thing on any more. I don't watch 90% of the movies being put out because of what they are doing with them nowadays, or maybe more than 90%. I also got rid of all the extra cable channels, just have a few basic ones, and even then very few shows are worth viewing. I mostly gravitate toward futuristic type shows, myself, sci-fi related, fantasy, etc. My friend and I are both conservative, and she has a large collection of movies that are family-friendly, and has been loaning them to me. I find that when I watch them, it doesn't have that "hypnotic" effect, like it isn't trying to assault my mind - they are mostly produced by conservative production companies and the story lines are realistic, but more along a positive line, which I prefer.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Found this;

Sounds like the same set of tones in the op.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

I noticed it during the Patriots vs Rams game in London - I would switch to the other Fox game and then back and there was no mistaking it - it repeated and was clearly present. Interesting. I thought, hmmm. Wonder if anyone else is getting this?

CJ

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I was just reading some of the other posts, and I remembered an experience I had last summer. I had gotten a lot into night photography, stars, UFO's, whatever I could catch, and daytime, too, just watching the skies. Got too weird, so I finally stopped. I live in the city, around a lot of the usual stuff, and I noticed that whenever I was using my monopod and trying to look through the camera, I had a hard time staying still. I would sway back and forth, really poor balance and very unsteady. It made it really frustrating. I moved around a lot to get different angles, so an actual tripod would have been inconvenient. Anyway, I had heard that there is a big difference in people's stress levels and how they feel when they get out of the city and away from the waves, fields, electrical disturbances, whatever it is that surrounds us and permeates our brains and bodies. Around that time, I happened to get a chance to go with a friend who lived in an area in the hills about 30 miles from town, to take some pictures of the Pleaides which was especially visible that night. It was really amazing, I got out my camera and began to look up at the skies, expecting to need to lean on something so I wouldn't sway like I usually did - but, I WAS STILL AS A ROCK! No weaving, no swaying, just standing their solid and able to take really good shots with no problem. It really disgusted me after that to think I had to go back down to the city and dwell again in that stressful, unnatural environment - I have always yearned for the country, but it hasn't been in the cards so far.
edit on 3-11-2012 by saintinwaiting because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Interesting.
Electronics 'hum' at varying frequencies. The universe has it's own 'hum'. Digital TV frequencies are cabled into the home negating any further need of; (antennae, that pick-up radio interference).

I don't have any experience with Orgonite; but it seems worth an experiment to test the effects?

I have a little earth battery that seems to scramble my brains pretty good; (audible interference while the tv is on for me seems to be less and less). Ofcourse, tv ain't what it used to be. It used to be entertaining.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintinwaiting
I totally believe it - although I cannot hear it so well myself, since medications caused me to lose the hearing in one ear a few years back.

Strange, yesterday, I was sitting on my bed after a long, hard week, and I decided to watch TV to relax - suddenly, I realized that it was like a tractor beam had taken over my brain, I was just sitting there totally unaware of anything but the TV, like hypnotized - noticed it when I turned away, I was like, "WOW" - what the? I also notice that it can be hard to turn it off, once it is on, it's like something tells you to keep feeding on it, flipping channels, looking for more more more. I'm afraid to turn the thing on any more. I don't watch 90% of the movies being put out because of what they are doing with them nowadays, or maybe more than 90%. I also got rid of all the extra cable channels, just have a few basic ones, and even then very few shows are worth viewing. I mostly gravitate toward futuristic type shows, myself, sci-fi related, fantasy, etc. My friend and I are both conservative, and she has a large collection of movies that are family-friendly, and has been loaning them to me. I find that when I watch them, it doesn't have that "hypnotic" effect, like it isn't trying to assault my mind - they are mostly produced by conservative production companies and the story lines are realistic, but more along a positive line, which I prefer.

I'm curious as to why some people are like you are with television, with the hypnotic effect, and almost an inabi,ity to get away from it, flipping through channels looking for more, more, more, as you describe, and others are just the opposite. Among people I know, i'd say its close to a 50/50 split.

As a child, my younger brother would be totally mesmerized, to the point where repeatedly calling his name from 6' away wouldn't grab his attention at ALL. You had to literally make physical contact with him to jar him out of it.

Myself, I didn't really watch TV for several years, other than catching maybe 25% of each Bears game during NFL season. The past few years, i've been watching some. I watch Sons of Anarchy, Elementary, 666 Park Ave, Game of Thrones, Homeland, House of Lies, and falling skies. It makes for an average of probably less than 2 hours of TV a week (I don't watch re-runs, and these shows are on at different points of the year.) I either record them, or watch them "On Demand." I haven't seen a commercial in years. When the show I'm watching is over, I'm done. No desire whatsoever to watch more.

This isn't from some "moral anti-TV high ground", its just how I've always been. Commercials always made me not want to buy the advertised products, and I juat never had the desire to be spoon-fed television programming. I select what I want to watch, watch it, and move on to do something else.

So why are my brother and I complete opposites in this? We were raised fairly similarly as infants/children. There's got to be something that makes some people more prone to be "sucked in" to the television than others. I'm really curious to know what it is.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Can anyone who has heard these tones first hand in a normal broadcast shed any light onto how frequent they are throughout a specific program?

I'm still thinking they're sync tones of some sort managing to break through into the broadcast. Either for digital splicing of commercials or some kind of genlock to keep all TVs on the same channel in sync.

They sound, from the video in the OP very like DTMF (Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency signalling) tones. The tones your phone uses to dial someone. These are still used in digital broadcasting to queue up events in sync and in real time. DPI is the digital equivalent (digital program insertion).

They probably shouldn't bleed into the normal broadcast which is (maybe) dependant on the electronic sensitivity of the TV you may have. Basically how sensitive your digital tuner is. If you have a good one it may bring these tones through when its not supposed to, or for some reason signal processing isn't filtering it out. This may explain why some hear it and others not.

The timing of these tones within the broadcast would be helpful (if anyone knows) as it would narrow down their purpose.

Maybe I'm wrong and were all being programmed? But the tones sound purposeful to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i work for a major broadcasting company as technical support, and you would be surprised how many people call in regards to these type of questions, and how were supposed to answer them.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by honested3

I'm interested. Please elaborate.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Particularly in movies for me but some say they hear them especially during Live events such as sports.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by honested3

please please shed some light for the benefit of all. And thank you in advance because we are genuinely curious.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

Live events would require more sync. They need to keep every TV on the same page if you know what I mean. Time lag is a factor between sets.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's actually unnerving to see this thread because last night, I was hearing strange noises from my tv (first time). I specifically remember muting the TV to see if I could still hear it......it didn't sound like the noise the OP showed, but it was there....

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

My family isn't hearing this noise.We have an old sharp tv.Thanks to the OP though!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Been hearing these tones for years (NJ, Cablevision). They first started a few years back during the Oscars broadcast (it was the year the cable stations were fighting and the first 15 minutes or so were cut, could have been 2008). Been hearing them mostly on live programming on multiple networks ever since (baseball, football, award shows, etc). They happen at a rate of about every 10 seconds throughout the show. Stop during commercials. Then repeat during the broadcast. Haven't noticed them in a while, so either I've tuned them out or they're cutting back around here.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Thats very interesting. It certainly isnt a brain wave inducer, they sound different. It could be an attempt to activate a river tam like person in the US, then pass it off as an error, because there should be no reason two different TV shows, on two different TV stations, filmed 20+ years apart should have the same noise.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Yes, I know how an Interlaced TV looks with a strobe light, or with a conflicting frame rate such as viewing a TV through a video camera.

I see the examples of dull repetitive music all around me, on the radio, at school, at work, with terrible lyrics, and I can see that as a form of manipulation, but an 8 to 16 bit series of digital tones not so much. I mean, it took scientists to officially say that out loud, and still nobody listened.
entertainme... nt.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/26/12973700-researchers-find-pop-music-is-too-loud-and-all-sounds-the-same?lite
From this link it is obvious that, if your statement is true, they've got it down so good that they're eliminating the fluff and i bet in a couple of years its just going to be back to one drum playing a simple beat with somebody talking words that dont even have musical qualities.

Please stop insulting me, literally. Your last sentence was uncalled for. We're here for a discussion on the tones, not on each other. That and i agree with you mostly but you keep attacking me directly as if i dont. Please read my other posts so you can see how similar our statements are.

And go have a nice cup of tea to calm down.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's there if you pay attention. Its all emotionally charged tones, images, scenes, and words. Like my parents always said, sex sells, and so many commercials are filled with subtle tones its ridiculous.

However, it doesnt matter what the volume of the commercial is, half the time i think an intern working at volume control elbows the lever, so you go from a quiet show to a loud commercial to a quiet commercial

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cody618

We're kinda audiophiles at my house, and i've never heard this tone before, but i've never payed attention either. I will definitely pay attention next time we turn on the tv to watch Discovery, or New Girl, or whichever. It's strange that it's popping up so much now.

A quick google search not only reveals its happening a lot, its also unresolved and officials (comcast, directv, etc) are doing what they always do and avoid the question entirely.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join