It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You hear the Audio Tones coming from your Television? Programming in Progress?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

OMG! I have been noticing this for such a long time....I just thought it was a crappy TV I had...I have a Sanyo 32 inch....I have a weird ability to pick out and separate noises and I hear this constantly....idk why but im so happy someone else is hearing it cause my girlfriend thinks im nuts!

Edit: this is the exact sound for sure....we should make a new thread and start compiling data as to when it happens, date, time, and what show was on, what program it seems there are quite a few in this thread that no EXACTLY what you are talking about....
edit on 3-11-2012 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

Hmm... you say its a low freq event, and it has been reported that the digital noise is apparent when on standard 2.0 speaker output, but goes away when switched to 5.1... there may be a similarity.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Agreed. What episode of Fringe was in the video used in the example? Also what was the show exampled in OP?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I actually picked right up on this a year or two ago, it actually took me a few tries to get the other person in the room to hear it too, glad someone wrote a thread about it, I thought it was just Comcast, but dish and others too? Very peculiar....

it physically bothers me and is a distraction.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Yeah I get ya. All I know is that I feel a lot better when the TV is off!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
its interference...

sorry for the one liner, but its nothing of interest.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES
reply to post by honested3

please please shed some light for the benefit of all. And thank you in advance because we are genuinely curious.

so i work for a major broadcast company as technical support and i get about 1 or 2 calls a day in regards to these noises. now some of them are legitimate noises because their receivers are too hot or not properly ventilated, or the tv etc, but every now and then (the 1 or 2 a day) i get someone that shares a noise with me that i can hear over the phone. it sounds exactly like the sound you had in that video. let me elaborate on what were trained to do

when i originally went through training, and also during weekly trainings, the issue was brought up, most of the things they had us look for was poor ventillation issues like i described earlier, but they had us listen to the noise you had there, and similar electronic sounds, all carrying patterns like so. they told us these sounds are "experimental programming" and never to bring up the subject with customers only because they might become "confused". were trained that when we here those sounds (and seriously they are literally exact sounding to your video) that were supposed to ignore it, and tell the customer its their tv or possibly continue to downplay, suggesting its in their heads, we never acknowledge it.

were also trained about "flashes" which are differing light patterns that flash between frames, so rapidly that even with a dvr or recorder, the frames are too large to capture the flashes, were told these are also "experimental programming" as well, and though it would be rare for a dvr to capture it, if it does were supposed to downplay it and suggest its their tv etc.

where it gets weird is when you talk with the engineers that we work closely with, we work with them as they keep us updated if some programming difficulties come up, things like that. i asked one of the engineers whom im friends with, what his take on this "experimental programming" was, and he said it comes directly from the content creators, meaning its not your company, its not cable, satellite, internet etc, it comes directly from the creators of the content. now the engineers know much more about the systems than i do, as im mostly customer based and dont have all the know, but my friend said they mostly experiment on advertisements, and shows and movies, but they do it within different regions for testing. now when we get the broadcast it comes in encrypted so it cant be picked up over the air without the proper programs etc, but he says the "experimental programming" is highly encrypted and nobody can get into it.

the real question of course, is what is on the experimental programming, why is it there, honestly i dont know, my engineer friend where i work doesnt know either, he believes its subliminal messagine through flashing patterns and also through sound, interestingly enough he has been working there for nearly 2 decades and said its always been there, and yet nobody has much to say about it. if your asking me as die hard ats'er ill tell you its truly subliminal messaging, something offs about it, but if you ask me when im at work, ill tell you its all in your head. maybe these arent the answers your looking for OP, but i can assure you the sounds your hearing are those "experimental programmings", and i hope i was able to give you some insight into it, because i too would like to know, and deep down i feel almost guilty lying to customers who hear it, it feels wrong, and the sound feels evil.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just two things in response to some of the comments on here:

1.) Whoever said that the tones disappear when the commercials comes on is correct. I have never heard them during a commercial. It doesn't mean they aren't *there*, of course, just that I've never heard them.

2.) Someone asked about modems. About a year ago, I finally got the internet here at home, and my cable company also does provide the internet. So maybe it's very possible that this is something to do with the cable company using these tones to check something. I never heard these tones before I had the internet here.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by honested3

were also trained about "flashes" which are differing light patterns that flash between frames, so rapidly that even with a dvr or recorder, the frames are too large to capture the flashes, were told these are also "experimental programming" as well, and though it would be rare for a dvr to capture it, if it does were supposed to downplay it and suggest its their tv etc.

This is exactly what I've noticed for over a decade. I would bring it up with friends directly after seeing the flashes and sounds, and they'd all think I was confused and nuts. I thought they were simply on a "different wavelength" and couldn't process it consciously as I was. It ended up freaking me out so bad, along with the degenerative idiocies in most shows so much, that I unplugged my tele in 2004, and never went back. I swear on my dead little bros grave that each month you are "unplugged" you will gain a kind of awareness that everyone who is "plugged in" lacks.

maybe these arent the answers your looking for OP, but i can assure you the sounds your hearing are those "experimental programmings", and i hope i was able to give you some insight into it, because i too would like to know, and deep down i feel almost guilty lying to customers who hear it, it feels wrong, and the sound feels evil.

It feels wrong and evil to me as well. I've tried to stay balanced and neutral about this, and just not put my energies into something that is obviously trying to mess with my mind, but I must admit it does feel very off.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
even where i work it would be considered "crazy" for me to talk about the experimental programming from a conspiracy standpoint. its just so ingrained into our minds that 1.) its there, and 2.) its crazy to think its there. as though our minds cannot ignore were being subliminally messaged, yet were to think its not happening. it truly is scary, and seems very evil deep down. and there really isnt anywhere you can go that its not occurring. i just want to know what it really is, are these "experimental programmings" just to make us buy things we dont need? thats fine, but is it really something evil? thats not fine! definitely a good topic im glad to see people talking about it!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I work as an engineer in cable TV. We do add a digital watermark audio signals into the audio in order to identify the media. This is done for ratings measurement and it identify copyright violations. Technology developed by Nielsen ratings service is a leader in the field. These signals have nothing to do with subluminal encoding, but have everything to do with tracking the media, or tracking you when you use the media.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by honested3

WOW is all I can say! This is another layer of the onion and I thank you for sharing with us honested3! It is important that people who know pieces of the puzzle to post what they know and this is simply peaking my interest and curiosity even more! Much food for thought here!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

well in the 30 Rock episodes, it's low frequencies. www.sockshare.com...#
you can hear them around 4:50 for sure. I am using headphones run out from my speakers with bass boost on.
also again around 7:50-8:15 and you can hear it here and there throughout...

but you say it's been reported that the one in question disapears in 5.1? that's strange...phasing of some sort?
that may be a question for the engineer person who was posting about the "experimental programming"...that sounds like subliminals to me!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Atmann

that makes sense, but aren't those watermarks usually placed at the beginning of the program?
I know that the CDDB tech and etc doesn't need that, Myspace identified a sample I used taken from a 1970's vinyl Kiss record for an intro and forgot to remove before posting years ago, and I had a cd burner that recognized a Dead Kennedy's album from vinyl I was importing and named all the tracks for me. There were certainly no digital watermarks in these recordings. Also people are reporting this as the SAME tone, not different watermarks for IDs.Are you sure you're not the supervisor of the other poster who's being told to tell customers it's nothing?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
RIGHT NOW ON AMC I AM HEARING THE SOUNDS ON THE FIFTH ELEMENT!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hopefully this isnt construedas off topic as I have read a lot of this thread.
I recently went for a CT scan and throughout the process the machine they pass you through makes a certain noise.. like a low freq humming with a fan noise.
The thing is it made me so relaxed and content..I could have laid there forever.
Once the process ended I felt sick and nervous again(I had been in pain for days).
Don't know if this could be related in some way.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

yes I know of what you speak... there are some interesting sounds but this particular sound drives me nuts.. it has given many headaches...

The post earlier from the employee of the providers stated "experimental"... thats just wrong... I am thinking of finally cancelling the subscription.

The tones are still repeating on AMC right now minutes later in the current movie The Fifth Element...

Turning it off....

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I don't have cable, can you tell us where in the movie you are? I'd like to check it online and see if it's in the original audio or if it's the broadcast

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Turned it off but it is on AMC right now in the movie the Fifth Element which is on channel 131 dish network.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Turned it off but it is on AMC right now in the movie the Fifth Element which is on channel 131 dish network.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join