It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You hear the Audio Tones coming from your Television? Programming in Progress?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hear is another weird phenomena about these tones... After you listen to a movie for awhile with the tones in the background and you turn to another channel you sometimes "THINK" you are hearing the tones but they are not really there. Its like noise pollution causing phantom sound patterns in your head for a few minutes until your brain sort of decompresses from having the tones in it for so long on the channel you switched from... does that make sense to anyone?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

yes, that can happen, it's the same as staring at a light bulb or a black & white image then looking away.
i don't have cable, but i'm streaming the movie now at about the 1/2 hour mark and there are no weird tones. it's the broadcast for sure.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
now the thing about these tones you're reporting is;
1-subliminal audio is still a fuzzy area in the law
2-you'd actually have to catch someone and prove it
3-these aren't even subliminals, they're clearly audible, so all you can do is turn it off.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Another weird phenomena about this pattern is I notice that whatever program is running it will tend to run it during scenes where there is more movie noise thereby making harder to hear. So when you have a real quiet scene you will not hear it typically which shows some sort of "programming" or "design" to it so that you are not hearing it in those ultra low/quite scenes. Also I notice that when it is a real active action scene it will repeat alot faster in succession picking up speed and volume. Another thing is that when you go from that type of scenario to a commercial break it will usually instantly cease.

tic toc...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

can you confirm that you could hear the tones in the youtube video I posted and in the other ones? I am seeing that a percentage of people simply cannot hear them at all so.... If you can confirm if you could here them.

Right now it is clear as day on AMC and my son is hearing them too....

A low volume scene cut out the tones instantly and then now action scene rapid tones....

Yes thousands of people are hearing them and blogging about it which means its more than just some dudes tv going nuts you know...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

can you turn it back on and record the audio or a/v to post? i'd like to hear if it's the same, so far many are saying they hear it in football games etc but only heard it in the 1st vid you posted. i understand they "bury" it but in that 1st vid, the original soundtrack notes are interfering with the analyzation of the tones.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

if you mean the 5 beeps, then yes, and i tried to analyze them last night but it was difficult. i can tell you the 3rd note glides down then up

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

If you heard it in the videos already posted than you are hearing exactly what I believe tens of thousands of people are hearing. [[[shrug]]]

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

well i'd still like to hear more and get a clearer recording to check. i got rid of comcast, i just stream and use netflix & hulu so i can't just turn on AMC to listen for them, and everyone I know is watching the Bears right now

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
OMG.. I have been hearing those sounds for the last year, and thought to myself, "Am I imagining that noise?" I even tried to see if my friends were hearing the noise.. OMG.. This is so weird.. I just thought I was imagining the noise tone because most of the time I really heard them was when I was alone and had partied the night before, thus I shrugged it off as ringing in my ears. I can sum up the noise like this... It reminds me of a show called 'PROJECT TERROR' which was a sci-fi show in the 70's and early 80's. The intro to the show had this annoying "Alert Noise" (for lack of a better description) that consisted of 3-4 tones played over and over.. This noise being discussed in the thread reminds me of that. but very faint....And when you finally do hear it.. it is a bit like trance music.. Your mind goes into a trance-like state...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The tones are in the vocal range and occur ever few seconds if there is active audio in that range. They occur less often when there is no audio in the vocal range. I highly suspect that what they are hearing are audio watermarks, many companies use them now to identify their media. However, there could also be other data hiding in the audio. It's becoming common pratice.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Atmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

That sounds alot like a jet taking off or city noises.I live near multiple airports, and i frequent the downtown san jose area , and it sounds just like a jet flying overhead.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join