It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You hear the Audio Tones coming from your Television? Programming in Progress?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

The electromagnetic energies within our homes, wifi's, cell phones and TV's does make you almost paranoid that we are slowly turning our brains to mush... Good points here, thank you!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Turned up to "deafen" on headphones, I can just make it out. It sounds like a FSK data burst.

I'm not sure I would have noticed it without headphones and the time marks.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
answers.yahoo.com...
www.hackettstownlife.com...
tedstrongdotcom.blogspot.co.uk...
there are thousands of people reporting this wtf is it?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with smoking pot or being gay, beats getting kids to smoke cigarettes. I like the direction the Illuminati is heading in.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

the interesting thing is the absolute silence from the "Providers".... thats a funny word in the context of tv if you think about it...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They sound like time sync tones/signals breaking into the broadcast. Used to keep your picture together.

Or it could be a genlock signal which, basically, is used to keep all TV,s in sync throughout the whole broadcast.

Or it could signal a commercial break? Those are my best guesses.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

I would agree it is most likely a signal tone to local affiliates about an upcoming commecial break. That way they know to que up the local car dealer commecricials, news briefs, etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
why do ppl mencion pot?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Finally! I hear those digital underlying, repeating tones too! I hear them usually during football games or other live broadcasts. No one else in my house hears them, but I have heard them for years very clearly. I think it may be some sort of programming. Those tones in the op's video are EXACTLY what I hear all the time on T.V. How do most people not hear that?
edit on 11/2/12 by VikingWarlord because: added content

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sorry, I can't help much in the subject of the TV tones...but I'd like to ask where you got this from:

especially since the early 80's until now, we are seeing on a scale previously unheard of the youth of America's rate of homosexuality literally skyrocketing.

"Literally skyrocketing"? I very much doubt it. Take a look at this article which states that the rate of people in the U.S. that describe themselves as homosexual has been at a steady 2-4 % of the population since the 80's.

“In general, these figures have changed little from our first studies in the late 1980s through 2010,” Smith told CNSNews.com.

Source:
U.S. Adults Overestimate Homosexual Population by As Much As Tenfold

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
AMC! Me and my wife love that channel but are freaked out about the beeps and the screen flashes that occur.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

Unless these tones are to get me to not give a **** about government, believe in the alien agenda and question the common belief on everything.....then I suppose they exist and are working.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think this is the answer to what you are hearing:

Intrasonics Second Screen

Second-screen is THE hot topic in the industry these days : as a recent study on the US market confirmed, tablets have become the most used second-screen over laptops when people watch TV, and up to 70% of the people do use additional devices during viewing sessions, in order to get additional information on the watched content or to exchange on social networks.

In a nutshell; what you are hearing are audio codes designed to trigger an iPad or similar to show related ads or other content relevant to the show you are watching. In other words, these tones aren't for programming you, they are for programming your iPad.

Research shows that many people watch TV with a tablet or other smart device running at the same time. The concept of Second Screen is to have the TV synchronize the tablet with the show currently running.

Here's more information:

Source

To make the connected devices aware of the content, all of these apps use either automatic content recognition (ACR) via fingerprinting or content tagging via audio watermarking, using the tablet’s microphone as the audio capture source.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This kind of stuff always reminds me of Blipverts from Max Headroom

And the result of the blipverts....Warning Graphic.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

You may have hit the nail on the head there! I've never heard of this before but it makes sense. The sneaky buggers! They'll try to sell you anything these days!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

Agreed.

Cellphones are a living hell on the consciousness of the human. These things are diabolical, notice how people have now turned the entire planet into their living room? In the old days, and not so old, we came home and checked the messages and got back to people when we did - and there was no problem. Now people stare into a little box, feeling compelled to answer every single message within seconds of receiving it or else doom! I saw a guy check his phone on one side of the street, then again when he reached the other! Folks are just as addicted to the cellphone as they are any drug. The Wifi isn't a good thing either, but alas, where can one hide? The key is to notice how one feels around these things, honor the feeling and adjust. Not just assume because you can buy it it's good for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I can't hear them...my daughter frequently complains about certain tv's making a noise that gives her a headache, but I can not hear that either.

Very interesting, though I am going to ask others if they noticed it.

Children can hear higher pitches than adults. Their ears drums/hairs are not as used and damaged as ours.
edit on 11/2/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That's the EXACT sound my bedroom tv gives off and my bf can't seem to hear it but to me its as clear as day and so annoying. I think it's just because it's an old tv. We have HDTV's in the rest of the house and none of them seem to give that sound off.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
disconnect everything from your tv and turn it on on the input channel. can u still hear the tone/frequency? if it's the same.. all electronics emit a frequency that can be heard by a good ear. the sun also emits a frequency that can be heard by a good ear. the difference between silence at night and ringing noise during the day.

if disconnecting removes what ur hearing then yeah ill go with subliminal tone programming. the brain responds to frequencies. various tones can put the mind in a hypnotic state. altered consciousness to lower for easy manipulation of it's audience. according to research.
edit on 2-11-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join