It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween: A Satanic Holiday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sekerofknowlege

I'm pretty sure you should actually go and research what Satanism is before you make such bold proclamations about what is and isn't Satanic. You Christians are really getting on my nerves.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sekerofknowlege
reply to post by Myomistress

By spreading the word, i don't mean anything having to do with organized religion. I mean once you discover the truth, first hand,you feel obligated to tell people. The truth i am referring too is the interconnectedness of all life that sums up to be the oneness that is God. I do not know why you people keep criticizing me of being a "Christian". I personally don't like the majority of Christian people i have met. They push there beliefs on people and manipulate the word of God. Again i can't speak for every Christian.
You guys don't have to agree with me, you know.

whatever i guess i'm just misunderstood but as long as i provoked a new way of seeing things and thinking to at least one person i'll consider it a win in my book.

no I think it's fairly obvious at this point that you are a New Age something of sorts.... what has everyone in a buzz is that you used CHRIST in your post... if you follow the beliefs of CHRIST then 9 times outta ten you are a CHRISTIAN.. hence the title follower of Christ. You claim not to be a christian but some kinda melded form of religious sanctity between all the tribes of Abraham. Again, sorry to tell you.. you are not jewish, i'm sure you haven't converted to Judaism , Your not muslim.. again you would have to take conversion, and your not christian.. they just dunk you in water and call it a day.. really lazy in my opinion but whatever. So if you don't want to look like a christian.. don't quack like one.. easy peasy

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

October 31st is an important date for Satanists, witches, and occultists alike, as Halloween is an embracement of evil and celebration of death.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... I have rarely read such ill informed, inflammatory nonsense in my life. Please do some research before making such wild and inaccuate claims. The motto here is 'Deny Ignorance' not 'Embrace Ignorance'!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The other fictional character who will benefit from halloween is the tooth fairy. Candy equals cavities, cavities equals trip to the dentist, dentist pulls a tooth and the tooth fairy makes a deal.

The big question is.... Whats the tooth fairy gonna do with all those teeth?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
op you said you found god while using psychedelics... maybe lay off, stop drinking, smoking, and preaching what you obviously don't know about.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Myomistress

whatever i guess i'm just misunderstood but as long as i provoked a new way of seeing things and thinking to at least one person i'll consider it a win in my book.

how can you provide a new way of seeing things if what you're spreading is hardly new? just that good old ignorance and superstition.

nobody cares you don't consider yourself a christian when you clearly walk and talk like one.

why is you all claim to have found truth, when the truth is you all just say and repeat the same old cliches and jesus memes.

it is only logical for those outside looking in that this new age of christians is more like a cult where you act like brainwashed fools spewing religious propaganda than an actual group of spiritually devoted people.

for god's sake all you christians do is run around denouncing evil here and denouncing evil there, thus feeding into it instead of actually doing something good or positive.

you people thrive of evil since you see it everywhere, jesus christ is the number one cop out for evil people

what good deeds have you done today? raising your finger to say that's evil or satanic do not really count

hear no evil speak no evil see no evil

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Halloween has nothing to do with the devil. It started as a holiday to honor the dead, that's it.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You're uneducated.

Muslims do not think Jesus is god, he was a prophet, nothing more. Jews do not believe Jesus was God. Neither of them follow Christ.

What is your point?? You're Christian, get over it.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I remember when I was a little kid and discovered this holiday for the first time. I was freaked out and thought it was in kid speak "really really bad" because for the life of me I couldn't understand why everyone was so happy to dress up as evil and give candy out which just rots the body.

Even without knowing, I knew exactly what that day was all about. Never celebrated it nor do I intend on dedicating a day to all things dead and corrupt pretending it's a good time.

Why don't we have a national day where 'everyone' celebrates holy things shunning sin and corruption? A day where the world celebrates G-d, angels and saints? Yeah that doesn't seem to grab anyone's attention these days.

Seems to me the world is just interested in celebrating the bad crap and brainwashing our children to follow suit and not question anything. We make good slaves this way.

People say "oh what's the big deal, you get to dress up and collect candy from strangers and have fun. You get to dress up as a witch, devil or whatever and excuse your behaviour on account of the day your celebrating because your encouraged to be bad". Well even as a child I was never interested in celebrating the devil and all things evil and profane and I certainly wasn't raised in a religious environment, quite the opposite actually.

Halloween - is a blatent dysphemism, contradiction and mockery of the true meaning of Hallow - which is "to make holy or sacred, to sanctify or consecrate, to venerate". Only the holiday is promoting things that are evil as hallowed, why else call it halloween. Do you see the corruption in this??? That should tell you something about what everyone is celebrating blindly.

If this was obvious to me as a child and I was never interested in it then.............how much more obvious is this as an adult?

The thing that is promoted about halloween is evil..............no disputing that. There is nothing hallowed about it.

I'm not arguing symantics here. Call a spade a spade.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Egyptia because: q

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

i don't think you want to open that can of worms.
in ATS we can actually condone drug use, we can't advocate it or glorify it, the opposite you know...

let's end this conversation here
you don't want to go offtopic and derail your own thread.

instead fight for your claim, what evil does halloween feed into?

for example in my opinion black friday is a more evil holiday than halloween, people trample each others and act like savages in pursuit of material goods also know as futility.
or are evil deeds only evil because you wear a scary outfit...?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

I'm afraid halloween is nothing to do with anything in your post. The thread is full of explanations as to the origin and true nature of Halloween. You're just regurgitating the ignorant clap trap spouted by many christians.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

Like I said.................just look around. No need to study anything to figure this one out. But hey to each their own.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Originally posted by dayve
Nice example from a site name YourGoingToHell.Com lol.... But your somewhat right, people who say its no big deal are the kids who grew up with no knowledge in these in these subjects n just passed it off as a day to dress up n get candy... But noooo.....

Um, the reason they "dress up" was originally to keep the "Evil Spirits" from recognizing you on the day that they can return to earth to haunt the living, or to scare them off. Same goes for Jack o' lanterns.

You think you would support Halloween because it is a way for you to "scare" off evil and the "devil"

Who is "they" you are referring to..? Pagans..? N dont refer to some youtube video on history on Halloween its a bunch of bs.. Not tryin to debate, just wondering who your referring to

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Look around and see what? Halloween is nothing to do with celebrating the devil or celebrating evil. You've fallen into the same trap as the OP.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

what's wrong about observing and celebrating a phase of life none of us will escape?
are you afraid to die?

everything dead is corrupt therefore evil?

can't you recognize that you too will perish and the matter that gives you life can be considered dead matter from previous living things.

dust to dust, and you are animated dust from dead stars
are you evil though? or just afraid

if you really loved whats hallow and sacred you wouldn't need a day to celebrate it, because those who do, do it everyday.

it's called being alive and not afraid of life's only certain outcome

DEATH

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman
reply to post by Egyptia

what's wrong about observing and celebrating a phase of life none of us will escape?
are you afraid to die?

If I wasn't saved I would be terrified to die. Before knowing what being saved meant......I remember feeling the terror in my soul. Fact.

everything dead is corrupt therefore evil?

Giving homage to dead things and making a celebration of the devil is what is corrupt in this. It is not in the acknowledgement of what death is but rather the spirit of the celebration which has very little to do with the perception of what death is.

can't you recognize that you too will perish and the matter that gives you life can be considered dead matter from previous living things.

Absolutely and that is why I give thanks to my Saviour who ensured my everlasting soul. But to pay homage to death itself without the recognition of G-d is denial.

dust to dust, and you are animated dust from dead stars
are you evil though? or just afraid
if you really loved whats hallow and sacred you wouldn't need a day to celebrate it, because those who do, do it everyday.

Beautifully said and very true. Agreed.

it's called being alive and not afraid of life's only certain outcome
DEATH

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

pointless debate

if you are saved, in that case go and be happy lead a prosperous and fruitful life.
don't deny others the liberty of recognizing what's evil or not on their own.

god forgot to tell y'all about personal responsibility and liberty when he told you to spread the word.
spread it when it is asked for, stop pushing it and forcing it into people.

there is an actual evil behind all these holidays, it's called materialism.

it has nothing to do with the boogeyman or the undead jew.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

i really do not care what you believe in! i do not. but i will not make up lies about anothers beliefs to try to get them to come to 'their side'!
if that is how these people try to scare people into following 'their' way,well i'll have nothing to do with it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join