It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone looking for a sign, but nobody can see the obvious?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

Then, you are a true seeker of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.

It, is not easy to, set aside traditional views of, how we perceive others and their beliefs, as being at odds with our own. But, the first baby steps we must take are, understanding and acceptance. We, will never accomplish anything more monumental than war..if we don't address this first and foremost.

I, believe that deep down on a fundamental level, we all wish this, to be overcome.

Blessed are the peacemakers for, they will be called sons of God.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

Truly. He who exalts himself will be humbled and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I was actually referring specifically to the warnings given to the daughter of Babylon, which I personally think is an apt title for the United States.

So if you want to get technical, you could ask if I was dooming after Katrina, and the answer is no. But this year is just too bad to ignore. It might get worse.

Things are getting "bad" (dramatic) because the earth is at a part of it's cycle where it experiences such things although it is rare and yet not understood by scientists but the ancients sure did know.

Do not be scared know that it is a natural process even if it is one that we can not explain yet...

Just as lightning striking down a building is something we can explain through natural phenomena...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You don't think God counts as a natural phenomenon?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

God is Omnipresent and there is free-will.

Just like "sleep" and being "awake" is a cycle so is the "calm" and "violent" weather of Earth's weather...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

It's 2012. Everyone is laughing away an uneasy feeling as "another Y2K" as we have a record hot summer, followed by one of the worst storms the East Coast has ever seen. Does it require rivers of blood and rain of frogs?

-----------------

Not the end of the world, merely the end of the Mayan long-count period. The Mayan Long Count calendar is divided into bak'tuns, or 144,000-day cycles that begin at the Maya creation date. The winter solstice (Dec 21, 2012) is the last day of the 13th bak'tun.
Before you start freaking out and grabbing your cross and rosary beads, you should probably do a bit of research.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Eloher

Excellent attempt at a flame. I have done my research. The fact that everyone seems to be writing off the possibility is what causes me to wonder in the first place. Seems like the best way to hide something is to put it in plain sight, you know?

Nobody knows what the next cycle will bring, so explaining that it is not "the end of the world" doesn't really do much. The Mayans say that great changes take place at the end of a cycle to lead into the next one.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Yes, I'm a firm believer in that saying, don't get me wrong.
Although, there are always going to be people agreeing and disagreeing on any issue thrown into the media. Basing your opinion on people 'writing off the possibilty' of an apocalypse is not quiet credible.
In saying that, basing your belief on those of a Mesoamerican civilisation from 4000 years ago does not make it true nor is it a valid reason to be concerned.
Not trying to argue, just trying to help you sleep at night.
Give me any bit of factual evidence and I'll happily agree with you.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Eloher

I have none. I'm just saying, I don't like the way things look for the world right now. What with all the natural disasters and the quote "global economic crisis," and don't forget the middle east. I look at the circus that is the American presidential election and I just count the days. On December 22, feel free to say I told you so.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Natural disasters have been happening since the dawn of time, whenever that may have been. Whatever damange the American government has caused, or should i say the Federal Reserve has caused, has been going on since after WW2.
I am from Australia and have been following American politics very closely and also think it's a circus. Not a fun circus though; one that I got tickets to as a gift, turned up, only to find a bunch of clowns, sitting down, smoking bongs and telling the audience to get f--ed for 3 hours straight lol.
I'm guessing you are American? Would you be able to tell me your thoughts on whats happening from your point of view? (if my guess is correct)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eloher

Yes, I am American. I'm hesitant to share my thoughts, for they are mostly speculation, but that is the election for you. Obama seems like he is a good person, but nobody likes his ideas. Romney just seems like a dirtbag. I'm not voting even though I registered this year, because I am not condoning this farce. Obama is going to win the election (again, speculation) and then we're all going to get a chance to see what kind of man he really is.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Israel. Iran. Russia. North Korea.

What kind of fireworks did you think there would be?

Israel: Lots of talk. No action
Iran: Lots of bluster. No action
Russia: Meh? Nothing special. Putin will be Putin.
North Korea: The same old same old. 3rd generation Idiot Leader

In short, no fireworks worth mentioning.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Iran is close to having nuclear weapons and their stated target is Israel, which is our ally. Russia, who already has nukes, has threatened us against stopping Iran's nuclear proliferation. And I imagine would also back Iran in a full scale standoff.

But you're right, NK will be NK.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Iran is close to having nuclear weapons and their stated target is Israel, which is our ally. Russia, who already has nukes, has threatened us against stopping Iran's nuclear proliferation. And I imagine would also back Iran in a full scale standoff.

But you're right, NK will be NK.

In other words, it's pretty much the same old thing it has been for, umm, 70 years or so. Israel has had nukes since the sixties. Russia has had nukes since the early fifties, threatens us weekly and will back anyone who is against us and always has. Iran's blustering, but they don't dare attack Israel, so you've got a MAD situation developing there.

And NK will be NK.

Actually Armageddon is beginning to disappoint me. (Actually, Tel Megiddo. I've been there.) It's kind of like the Second Coming of Christ. Everyone says it's going to be Real Soon Now, and it never happens.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

peace to you good man. i would like to remind you that he who is in Christ has already been judged. After death is what is more closely related to our purification where God takes all of our sinful behaviors away from us. We are humans full of imperfections, but the Perfection of Man has died for our sins once and for all. All you need is to put your trust in Him, love Him, put your fears at His wounded Feet. remember it is satan who wants you to have remorse and guilt. It is the greatest sin to despair over God's Mercy.

peace again to you, your speech shows your virtues, increase the by further abiding in the Holy Spirit of God.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

We are all judged at every single second of our lives by God, and we see the impact thereof in real-time. Just want to check people's awareness, not just to the things going on in the world, but to the voice of God all around them.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It is kind of sad that every generation believes they are the ones living in the end times.

Hey OP I just realized that you keep mentioning 4 countries but you are missing the most dangerous one... the only country in the world to use nuclear weapons on it's enemies... USA.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Uh, the point of this whole thread was a warning to the US.

Also, life is short enough and can end so abruptly that we pretty much always are living in the end times.
edit on 6-11-2012 by SpiritofEnoch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

There are only two kinds of people who don't fear death. The righteous and the religious. Which one do you think Iran is? I am sure they would risk their destruction to destroy Israel.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Oh, good then. I'm from Canada.

I need to start a thread warning Canadians about impending doom from the 5 most dangerous countries equipped or looking to be equipped with nuclear weapons.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join