It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone looking for a sign, but nobody can see the obvious?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks.

I don't know if you can say every generation was evil. I think most generations have had their good and bad men.

Am I afraid? Yes. I am very afraid. Not for what's to come, but for what comes after what comes. I fear for my immortal soul. I am no saint. I have not lived a clean life. Maybe I've never murdered anyone, but there are things that are "victimless" to you and I that are sinful in the eyes of the Lord. I have lived my worst fear in my head. It is judgement day and I am alone before the Lord. I cannot stand, for my knees have become water in His presence. I confess my sins and find there is no forgiveness. The ground opens and swallows me.

If nothing happens this year, yes I will still be afraid. A vision like that one is pretty powerful. Christ is my only hope.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

I don't know if you can say every generation was evil. I think most generations have had their good and bad men.

Am I afraid? Yes. I am very afraid. Not for what's to come, but for what comes after what comes. I fear for my immortal soul.

if your soul is "immortal"... why do you fear?

I am no saint. I have not lived a clean life. Maybe I've never murdered anyone, but there are things that are "victimless" to you and I that are sinful in the eyes of the Lord. I have lived my worst fear in my head. It is judgement day and I am alone before the Lord.

Its said forgiveness is divine...

I cannot stand, for my knees have become water in His presence. I confess my sins and find there is no forgiveness. The ground opens and swallows me.

i believe you're reading a little too much of the OT...

Forgive and you will be forgiven... You didn't get the memo?

If nothing happens this year, yes I will still be afraid. A vision like that one is pretty powerful. Christ is my only hope.

hmmmm...

What is it like to live in fear?

Do you find anything positive comes of it?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

God has a fire that can consume anything. I don't live in fear. Maybe what you might call a state of mild apprehension, but that's normal.

If I am deemed worthy in the eyes of the Lord, that will be the day that I know for sure that there is redemption. All I have now is a good idea.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I had another thought I wanted to toss out here with looking for signs... I've been debating whether to share it or not but what the heck. As noted, there are only 61 short worry days left. lol... The jury is still out for me on 2012 in the general way, BTW.

What are the Christians who are putting a lot of time toward thinking about this going to feel like and react like when/if absolutely nothing happens? My Father was Pentecostal and it helped him pass away in peace. I'll say that...at least, spiritually it did. Oddly, it didn't help living that way though. I almost got the sense he'd have been disappointed on a fundamental level if he'd had to face and accept that even if the Bible is entirely accurate, maybe the dates we assume are a thousand years off.

I mean, honestly, His disciples were, at various times, certain Jesus was coming back in their lifetimes. 1000 A.D. had similar societal worries as one of the earliest 'milestone' dates...and we all know Y2k, although Christians I knew didn't key on that one in any special way spiritually. 2012? That I see a whole lot more of here where I'm living than I would have thought. Biblical, of course...not the same 2012 as the 'Doomers' see, but same time frame.

The basic question though is this.(..and I understand if you don't want to reply because this could be a challenging one on a deep, uncomfortable level. ) What happens with your outlook if it becomes plain this is it and we're all we have to make anything better? God may very well exist and be aware, but He's been hands off for a couple thousand years. What if that extends another? So literally, our own efforts are what define the quality of our future, not a rapture or tribulation with the promised period following. Not in our lifetimes anyway?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well, the hottest summer was in 1936 and there have been plenty of large and larger storms in America and the world. Just because it happens to be the 'biggest' storm in one location does not imply the end times.

I'm not really sure of the logic behind this. I guess you are trying to put two and two together (2012 + weather??) but could easily do that with any year, so why haven't you? Unless, of course, you do freak out every year, thinking it is the end times, then okay.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great question. I'm not about to quit my day job and go stand on the mount of olives and wait for Jesus. I will be happy to get a few more years on this earth. But I am urging everyone to not forget God. He counts for a lot when it comes to how I feel. If he is simply using this as an opportunity to test my faith, then let it be so. But I am not going to be caught off guard if He comes tomorrow while I'm at work doing dishes.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

The easiest way to hide something is to put it in plain sight. But by this same logic I could be wrong. God is having me do this for a reason. Even if it is just to make me feel better because God is some artificial super conscience my brain has created. Other people have created this same thing and called it by the same name. Or it created us as it tells us. I'm not blind to the logical fallacies of religion, but as a "victim" of them, it gives me some pretty powerful feelings, and most of them aren't fear, but peace and calm. The key is to never get stuck on any one feeling. If you are stuck on fear, then you need to resolve that fear. Anger and hatred are the same way. I try to turn all my anger into love. It goes through my head something like "oh you f-ing... oh, right. I might have to watch you be sentenced to final death some day. I can't say something that mean."

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

There is only one sign that we get: The Sign of Jonah. That sign has produced the exact change mentioned from the Book of Jonah itself. Hosea has the connecting verse to see the sign of Jonah clearly.

Hosea 6:2, "After two days he will revive us, On the third day He will raise us up."

Two days have passed as God has revived 7 billion souls. This is Elijah turning the water on and preparing the way for the Lord. Paul and the Pharisees called it the Resurrection. John the Baptist pictured it as the Spirit of Elijah baptizing souls in the water. How are we immersed into reality?

The signs will not happen for us until THE sign happens. This is the sign of Jonah when Jesus prays from the pit and God allows the prayer of Jonah to be answered. We are all looking for immediate change in days. This is not what God is doing. The change is happening slowly over the course of thousands of years. There is another 1000 years left. What you will see happening in that time is sackcloth and ashes followed by repentance, just as the 3rd and 4th chapters of Jonah states. God has compassion on us because we don't know our right hand from our left. Message in the Prayer of Jonah

Jonah 4

But God said to Jonah, “Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?”

“It is,” he said. “And I’m so angry I wish I were dead.”

10 But the Lord said, “You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. 11 And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”

We are the plants. Also, consider the animals. Neither the animals (Wicked) or the plants (Righteous) know the meaning. Jesus is angry with the plant, yet God sees the end from the beginning. Patience. God knows how to show us the way.

What does it mean that we don't know our right hand from our left? Good and evil. We are here to experience all of it. We suffer the law as thieves. We suffer the debt that a thief must pay as a result of what is taken. When we see the error of our ways as thieves, we learn the lesson of the experience. Give and receive and never take. That's the lesson of love and we choose to learn it the heard way. When we repent, we receive another Earth and start over. This time, we know the difference between opposites and we manage the new gift with deference to God as LORD.

God is raising a Son in the process. As it turns out, the Son is also raising us, but not until the third day when he becomes a man. That day marks His leadership of mankind as this verse notes:

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Who learns the lessons from God first, us or Jesus? The Son becomes the last Adam and the first-fruits of what we will become as we follow His leadership in the last day. All of it is happening just as it was outlined. The next step is the enemies of Christ becoming the footstool (Servants) and the people becoming the leaders (Saints ruling with Christ). Are the people about to wake from slumber? YES. Are the moneychangers suffering the debt of turned financial tables? YES. Do the peacemakers have any rest. NO.

Global Financial Meltdown was a Prophecy from Jesus

You can only see it if you know the difference between your right and left. Let me show you.

God gives and receives only.

The thief takes.

Now you know.

edit on 31-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnochI will be happy to get a few more years on this earth.

I'd rather die now. I still have lots to look forward too, worldly - speaking, but none of that entertains me anymore. If I knew that my works is done, I would gladly pray to God to take my life now!

If I will inherit eternal life, I want to be in the new city now so I can finally walk in that virgin forest. Tired of our evil civilization.

If I am hopelessly evil, I'd rather die now to end all evil I could potentially do despite the destruction I will face in the next life.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The third day is dawning, Brother.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Am I afraid? Yes. I am very afraid. Not for what's to come, but for what comes after what comes.

You said this to Akragon, and then turned around in your later posts and said you're not afraid, that you're peaceful and calm.

I don't understand which it is. Fear for your soul being tormented in agony for eternity, or peace and calm....?? I'm not clear on it. Are you?

Fear helps nothing, nor does worry. In my experience. Just keep doing your best. We've all messed up. It'll be okay.

As far as the storm, that is climate change, it happens in cycles, nothing spectacularly new there. Humanity has endured ice ages, and the change of seas into deserts or prairies. The Earth is a living thing, cyclical, and so is everything that lives on it.

Things seem utterly chaotic right now, but that's because we are aware of stuff going on that in previous eras were necessarily only "local" events. The stories of those events got told by travelers to other localities' people, and from there it becomes "legend."

If we didn't have global connectedness through technology, we wouldn't know all the stuff going on, and things would seem less frenetic. It's a matter of exposure and overload.

Chin up!!

edit on 31-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You don't know for sure that it means nothing, just as I don't know for sure that it does mean something.

Sorry if I didn't explain this well. Even though I have fears that are not too far from my conscious mind at any given time, that doesn't mean I am constantly in fear. Most of the time I am calm, but those fears are still in the back of my mind. I think it's a good thing. It helps me fight against complacency, pride, and anything that makes me think I am somehow better than anyone else because I was chosen by God to follow him. I am still a man. Without God's grace, I am lower than dirt. He gave us forgiveness because He is amazing and righteous, not because we are.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

And what happens if the "Taliban" claims responsibility? Who does the response go to? This whole situation is breeding evil and it gets murkier and fouler as days go by.

The things God has told me, nobody would believe, and those who would believe have already been told. I am warning you because, despite what the world has done to me, I still love you all. You can cast me aside as just another doomsday prophet, but I know the words strike your hearts. You have come to this site to find answers and you will find none. The Truth is beyond your comprehension.

I am not happy to be the one who has to tell these things to you. I hate the spotlight. I hate having to be an example when I just want to be a follower. But you are all driving me insane by your waywardness. Be as children. Love everything and learn with a mind unclouded by other people' precepts.

Let me put it to you this way... if a nuclear bomb is launched from Iran tomorrow and it was the "Taliban" or "Al Qaeda" or whoever claims responsibility it will not matter because the whole of the country will be bombed. All that will matter is where the bomb comes from and not who. If Russia shot a nuclear bomb at the USA no one is going to stop and try and figure out which group was the cause of it so innocence life is unaffected. The response would be better take them ALL out before they do it again.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if the demonic lord yahweh is sending disasters to the planet as the darkness seems to be getting stronger.

Please people do not fall for the abusive husband tap, if it is controlling, scaring, and harming it probably isn't good.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

More people perished in the tsunami of 2004 than all subsequent natural disasters combined. I would hope for the sake of consistency that you were there with your doom and gloom then as well.

edit on 31-10-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: wrong year

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Aside from a rather obvious point here that all these events are happening in a very short span of time (12-18 months) what has happened recently than can possibly be attributed to God as a willful and conscious act? I'm serious and not trying to ridicule or be sarcastic as many do on these threads. It so happens I'm very well tuned to events with your point firmly in mind. Personally. I'm waiting for 2 signs to go....as others have come and passed but again, not so definitive in nature that they cannot be attributed to other things as well.

In my reading of Revelations and the period immediately leading up to it, the signs Man would see are absolute and so clearly beyond natures pattern or ability to produce that one will either be left rejecting the God who did it or accepting Him...but I didn't get the impression simply being confused at to the nature of the events would be an issue. It seems odd that if the past year was a result of God, he'd choose to be SO subtle that even His own Believers have reason for valid debate on it?

A very good book to read is the “Eye of the storm”. It correlates between how we treat Israel and what the weather phenomenon is that correlates with the action taken against Israel it is a very interesting read.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

God bless you my friend,

I love you so much,

Friend, don't worry, live your life in love and as a walking, breathing testimony to Christ Jesus, and live in a constant state of repentance from any and all sinful acts, deeds, words or thoughts, and bring all thoughts into captivity of Christ Jesus, and you will have nothing to fear at the Rapture or the Judgement

God bless you and your family,

Your brother in Christ

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I was actually referring specifically to the warnings given to the daughter of Babylon, which I personally think is an apt title for the United States.

So if you want to get technical, you could ask if I was dooming after Katrina, and the answer is no. But this year is just too bad to ignore. It might get worse.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What, most people don't get, is that we are repeating the scenario that, was called the tower of babel. It was stated that, they speak one language, and there will be nothing, that they will not be able to accomplish.

We, are indeed there, with current communication technology and smart phones...we are all speaking the one language of "binary".

The digital age is among us and, we can not go back. Regardless of where you live, or your dialect, we can, communicate instantly...and can understand one another, like never before in history. And, news, and ideas travel at the speed of electronics, to every point on this little globe.

We, are once again at a precipice...that is the obvious. What is not the obvious, is where we go from here. Do we, continue our sorted history...of bigotry and divided difference, that was handed to us at "BABEL", or come together as a species, in unity and trust, as a united human endeavor, to be one great world? That is the real question...Yes, a sign we do have...and a choice that we must make, is at hand.

Where, do you stand?

Some would say, we will repeat the past...and remain divided, that true change is not possible. I, have great hope for mankind, and our future. I believe we will eventually overcome...but it may take, a cataclysmic event to bring us together...

And, maybe we are at destiny's door...let us open it together.

The enemy, of my enemy is my friend.

The enemy is intolerance, the friend is understanding.

PEACE

edit on 31-10-2012 by Andronian because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2012 by Andronian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

Couldn't agree more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join