It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fears of Conservative Fundamentalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
To begin with, I would like to explain how religion gains control over a society. First, it isolates its society from the outside world and its belief system through many methods. This prevents people in the congregation from being able to experience and learn a healthier, more positive way of life.

Next, although it is a normal process for someone to learn real healthy values through trial-and-error, the religion will blame anything that goes wrong in your life on not following the religious code - when in reality, you SHOULD CONTINUE so you can learn real values, ones that involve understanding actions and consequences.

Finally, religion not only isolates its congregation from reality, the ones that are surfacing as mainstream forces today isolate their congregations from both science and people outside of the faith.

--------------------

This is very dangerous, because the religions that are around today are not about helping people or learning how to be a good person. They are about the opposite - maintaining control over the masses and keeping them in an outdated lifestyle, where personal growth is limited and, more recently, instead of working towards helping the poor, more work is spent towards denying basic human rights to certain groups.

A religion should never be used to deny human rights to anyone, or as a mechanism for making people's lives worse. This should give you a clue that the religion you follow is, in fact, a mimic - not a religion of God at all, but a religion of Satan.

--------------------

In my life, I have noticed a drastic shift towards this line of thought in the world around me. I am not sure why. It could be a path I am supposed to take, or it could be signifying a greater change that is occurring in the world.

I think that the only thing that we can do is, look at the world around us and see if we notice any of these changes.

I feel a darkness, a great darkness, one that I have felt coming for a long time. People I know seem to be returning to an ancient (1800's or even earlier, possibly Dark Ages) way of life - where routines must be followed, and people who do not follow the routines are sabotaged by society and then blamed for it.

Science is no longer of any value, even though the True God would want us to learn science, logic, how to care for each other, and things that are generally not found through fundamentalist ideals.

The setup is basically one where, if you dare to have ideas that might actually make a difference in the world or make it a brighter place, you will have your resources for survival taken away - be it food, money, friends, whatever.

--------------------

I believe that part of this problem is the polarization of our two political parties. Instead of having a balanced way of thinking created by mixing the two extremes, the two extremes have isolated themselves from each other and we are left with something very bad indeed.

The far left has its problems as well, for example, it should focus on family structures more (I don't care if they are homosexual or straight) because family units help support each other and result in a higher quality of life. People desire at least some stability in their lives, and could get burnt out after spending ten to twenty years cycling through various lovers and friends, left feeling constantly betrayed.

-------------------

So. I have a deep fear. A deep fear that I am not going to have freedom of speech, that I am not going to be able to pursue goals that are of interest to me, but am instead going to have to become a gear in the machine, working long hours, coming home, going to sleep... and repeating the same process over and over again.

I am seeing this fear manifest itself around me, but hopefully I am mistaken. It could be because I am not able to escape from my parents, and they are very conservative.

I hope I was able to portray how I feel effectively, and what I sense. I am not sure if it only applies to my life or what. I am aware that I speak in generalizations.

What does everyone think? This is a situation where I would like input, or stories from people who aren't experiencing this at all, etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
"... the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

Franklin D. Roosevelt, inaugural address, 1933

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

If you live in the UK. Thank Thatcher for that.
If you live in the US. Thank the probable future president. Mittens (Mitt Romney)

To add to your point good sir/madam.
Conservative Fundamentalism is the perfect structure for the fortune wealthy ones that control the economy. It offers cheap labour, no strikes (Thatcher took away power from the trade unions) and a world where free trade, free economy is a word that is frequently used to soothe the pain that we suffer while they slowly spread our working class cheeks.

Let me quickly point out what Thatcher did and how she cleared the ground for future right wingers to just build private property onto. She practically changed the whole political spectrum, labour were no longer left and did not exactly support the working classes, with the lovely addition of the well known Tony Blair. Not to forget that the working class people were blamed for it because they supported a party that they thought will support them. The ban on most Trade union movements has certainly allowed the Bourgeois to control the market and disallow the common man from getting what he deserves.
And that ladies and gentleman is called Democracy.
Well kiss my proud working class ass, if you consider that in anyway democratic that we live in a world that has not even got equality for the less fortunate ones that are seeking a job during these tough economic times that the rich boys in Wall Street and London exchange have created. I take my hat off to you lovely saviours of the economy (NOT).

Ok thats me done ranting, I think I better lay down before I faint.

In bourgeois society capital is independent and has individuality, while the living person is dependent and has no individuality.
-Karl Marx

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't think all religion is bad.

Some people do find a personal faith that has private meaning to them, and does not hurt other people.

I sometimes think that in a post-Cold War world people have forgotten what the other extreme is like.

Just one critical word or drawing could land anyone, even a child, in a labor camp or gulag for decades.
Religion was forbidden.

Did that make the world better in those places?
Certainly not.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

How can you blame Romney? He is not even president yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I agree to some degree that some religions were made or modified to control people. But I think most individuals are not yet ready to have freedom, they`ll just do what they want, even if it`s unproductive or have a negative impact on other people.

On the other hand, there are some religions that were not made to control, but they are mostly eastern ones.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
A well thought out post.

Comparing this hour to the Dark Ages is an understatement, for the terrors of technofascistology are still being heralded as 'awesome' by the zombies who worship the 'digital revolution', and wireless devices. But the implicit technology is so advanced, and hidden, not only in it's intention, but in actual fact, that the 'Dark Ages' will seem bright by comparison. I needed to add this because I have been aware of it for a while now.

I suffered a severe emotional setback this week when I was reminded that I helped kill my father when he suffered through cancer, since I 'questioned scripture'. Twenty some years later, my brain has advanced by my questioning, of everything. But the accuser has not grown a millimeter. Regressed, in fact. It would seem that Jesus really was a rock star. IS a rock star, the ultimate rock star who simply cannot get enough idolatrous worship and praise. That wasn't the message I took from his life, but I digress.

Also your post reminded me that I am green lighted. The more a death satellite can take stabs (pulses) at my body when it is still enough to lay down the grids (during sleep), the more the Christian believes it as being proof that I am not sufficiently 'stuffing myself with the word'. Ya. It's just that retarded. It's a continual state of grief I exist in, seeing as Jesus has killed my family, even as they live. Three sentences are required to sever my arms from the nerves that used to control them. Just 3 unilateral sentences in a conversation that necessarily must focus on the rock star Jesus, at all times...or else. So, one fine day a santorum will be empowered to use drones and satellites to determine whether or not my latest orgasm extended anywhere near my anal region . A partner is out of the question, at this point, as all contacts with society are necessarily severed. I am not gay, btw, and if I were, it would be a huge positive step, so isolated has this religious zealot confined me, through every abusive tactic anyone evil ever thought of. I have no contact with anyone, since the ones who run the satellite show have always made sure to follow up on me, presenting themselves to the zealot at any given moment, posing as an old roommate, old friend, girl I dated, etc..., spinning yarns that have her coming home in tears, and taking it out on me. Typically, the agent(s) will appear to her around the time my father died. Police, priests, anyone with a dollar in their hand who shows up at her counter is taken at their word, praise Jesus (GOD), and the rules of the presentation include a bit of teasing as to how I'll never know who the informant was.

edit on 31-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

I have the urge to blame Romney, because I believe he is the closest thing to Thatcher.
I also assume that he will win the elections.
I do hope not.

top topics

join