It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS flags system could very well be a conspiracy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
How?

If you earn enough flags, you then are able to enter and contribute to the RATS forum. I don't want to anger people or encur the wrath of the mods...but c'mon.

To me, it puts pressure on those who want to read and contribute in the RATs forum to strive to earn flags. How do you earn flags? Create threads...ok, so what if you've nothing to create a thread about, but plenty to say or contribute in response to other threads?

People might start to make up stuff. just to get those much covetted flags..I mean, if you an't got nothing then you ain't got nothing, it doesn't detract from your ability to contribute to other threads.

How's it a conspiracy? I think it's a purposeful ploy used to generate more content and substance, but most of it is kinda silly, a lot of interesting stuff on this site but so much whack to trudge through in order to find it...including some of my own threads. I don't lie, I just ain't had that many experiences to share and shan't be fabricating any...but I wanna see the RATS forum, I wanna see just how hardcore and outlandish some of the threads are. At least let us look...how about a system where those without enough flags/credibility can read and respond to threads...or even just read them, but can't create threads in RATS?

I ain't ever gonna get in RATS, I've resigned to that notion, so I wanna donate all my flags to someone if that's possible...not that I have many. Anyone want some flags? If it's allowed, I'll give em to whoever posts the best response to this thread. The flags or any other type of points system creates a heirarchy, those with more flags get more out of ATS, but at what cost? I'm looking at this situation, really want to read cool, interesting threads...really wanna see RATS but it's never gonna happen cos there's no way I;ll notch up enough flags to do so...it's quite a situation.

So I kinda feel the flags I do have are wasted on me...I don't want them, don't need them. All patrons should have access to all areas of ATS...it really bugs me, am I the only one?

Sorry if I'm being rude.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Lots of new members tend to be a bit uncomfortable with the system used here, but in fact it actually creates better user and reader (member) content.

You seem to be down on yourself or your possible contribution by thinking that you "can't" get the required flags, and that is not true. You can find what you like and contribute the way that you would like to read the threads of others, that participate there, why would you not want to contribute to getting in the way it just happens to be done?

BTW, the flag system has changed and if you flag someone it can be removed, that was to make it easier for people to flag who they agreed with.

Hope to see some threads by you
Im sure you can do it!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

Wait... I can read and post in RATS, but you have way more flags than I do. When I first started ATS I couldn't but it didn't take long and I didn't have to make stuff up to get enough. It was kind of a fun challenge contributing more so I could participate. Are you sure it goes by flags? How many are you supposed to have? Because you have almost double my flags..Am I missing something?

link   
If you want flags post a really crazy unbelievable thread.I.e. I have secret knowledge,I have aliens in my garden or my person favorite,I'm a 140 year old time traveller.
Those threads go on for 40 odd pages & will earn you plenty of stars.

link   
Your making a conspiracy out of a conspiracy website....

I wonder if the founder new this was going to happen.

(jokes on us)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I've created a few threads in the past, they were alright I guess...I've seen some really silly ones though.

Like all the ones leading up to the olympics...there's gonna be terroristsa and UFO's, etc. These threads are still here, still open for response...collectively earned hundreds apon hundreds of flags...wonder how many of those users now have access to RATS?

Just a thought...thanks for responding though...and you were nice, too. Was kinda bracing myself for a lecture :p

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Check this.... (personal)

Recently I have been trying to post things that will get me more stars (Like Sonic the Hedgehog chasing Rings)...

I figure if I keep my stars above the amount of posts I put out... I look more credible? But then I realize I'm wasting my life away by giving a SH**

Above all..... I LOVE ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
An even bigger conspiracy is why havent I heard about RATS?
What is it and where is it?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply

If you earn enough flags, you then are able to enter and contribute to the RATS forum.

That's not true. Unless it has changed, the only requirement is a certain amount of posts you have made. (I'm pretty sure it is 200 posts.)

Aside from that however, there is nothing special about that forum. In my opinion, it is completely pointless.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

How?

If you earn enough flags, you then are able to enter and contribute to the RATS forum. I don't want to anger people or encur the wrath of the mods...but c'mon.

Be careful what you aspire to. The RATS forum has nothing substantive in it. Really. The only difference between RATS and any other forum is that the google bots don't crawl around in there indexing everything you say so it appears on a search.

That's all.

It would be really interesting to see what your reaction would be if you diligently waited until you could AT LAST! enter RATS only to discover its vast emptiness, kind of like Geraldo opening up Al Capone's vault on national TV only to discover.......dust.

I think you'd be really pissed.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Really? How many flags do you need? Last time I tried to access rats I got denied, was a while ago though.

I was under the impression you needed hundreds...someone said 500 in a thread I read not long ago...perhaps I dreamt that, lol...

As for making a conspiracy out of a conspiracy site...the dude who said that is front runner for my flags if the mods allow me to donate em. Superb,

This could very well be my greatest thread to date...*beams with pride*

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Scour the internet based on your favorite interests. Then if those interests require evidence to back them up, search further. There are new enigmatic stories reported upon every day. Some here have a way of finding them faster is all. It's hard to have original content here when you are competing against thousands of individuals to find those stories here daily. But you just have to keep looking. I don't see it it as a conspiracy with the flag system. Many great threads get those flags because they are great stories and/or content. The flags show that you diligently contribute to providing others interesting material here.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

How?

Be careful what you aspire to. The RATS forum has nothing substantive in it. Really. The only difference between RATS and any other forum is that the google bots don't crawl around in there indexing everything you say so it appears on a search.

That's all.

It would be really interesting to see what your reaction would be if you diligently waited until you could AT LAST! enter RATS only to discover its vast emptiness, kind of like Geraldo opening up Al Capone's vault on national TV only to discover.......dust.

I think you'd be really pissed.

Strange as it sounds...you actually made me want it more...I'm going to try now, hope I get in.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Where IS the RATS forum? I want to purchase access, but I can't find it...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

An even bigger conspiracy is why havent I heard about RATS?
Because it isn't worth hearing about. lol
You have not been missing anything.

Originally posted by VoidHawk

What is it and where is it?

All forums→www.abovetopsecret.com...

Near the middle of the 2nd section from the top(Conspiracy Forums), it is the Really Above Top Secret Forum.

edit on 10/30/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Denied
( oh woe is me!

If it's so crap why's it so secretive? Sobs...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah, definitely a conspiracy.. I mean I say profound stuff at LEAST a dozen times a day and I dont have a gajillion flags and stars! I mean... it HAS to be a conspiracy!

Anyway, it works.. as far as these things can work on a board. RATS isnt anything special, no schematics of UFOs.. no classified info.. its just another thing to make you WANT to get there and prompts posts and threads.
Personally Im shooting for the super dooper RRATS section.. where the schematics for the UFOs are found..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

Funny...I got in with no problem...in fact, it's no different from any other forum I've used here.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I'm waiting for the CATS forum, aka Classified Above Top Secret. That's where you post all the cat conspiracies.

In all seriousness, that would be incredibly cool. One example would be uncovering severely damning evidence or building a workable case for proving a conspiracy. Then you could post the entire thing to CATS, and see what people think before you decide whether to act on it or not.

Just one example for the use of CATS - you know, in case you actually guess right.

edit on 30-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Sigh...so can you give your flags away then?

We should be able to flag people as well as threads...multiple flagging of other site users appeals to me...here, have 50 flags!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join