It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep the public afraid! (Sandy is all Hype!!)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

CNN has a photo slideshow up with stuff from the storm as it was earlier. Looks like some very flooded areas to me. If we define serious by death, then I guess it's not serious. If that's defined by the direct losses by real people for property, the pictures there look real depressing and for once, I'm happy to live in Tornado alley. We can have an F-4 pass a few miles away and never even get a deck chair turned over. These monster Hurricanes suck.

It's even worse when, like Sandy, it's not one storm...but multiple storms merging over land.

CNN Slideshow with Damage from earlier

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well my dad and brother have more than 3 feet of water, they're next to the ocean. And the tides are going no where due to the winds. I don't think it's hype. They also have no power. So, hopefully they prepared for the storm. Knowing them, they probably didn't.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes, yes, and yes! I was just thinking exactly this. What a letdown. Weathermen/women are some of the worst Doom Mongers around. I guess they feel their jobs are more legit and necessary if they spin the forecast to terrify as many people as possible. Sure there's water, but the storm looks like pretty weak sauce to me.

ETA as the surge begins to wane, these weathercasters almost seem bummed out. They're trying hard to keep up their enthusiasm.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
abclocal.go.com...

live.reuters.com...

Doesn't look fake to me.

A large fire is raging and firemen can't get to it because the roads are flooded. People being rescued by boats. Transformers have exploded and a hospital has no power. A crane has toppled. Salt water has flooded tunnels, subways etc. Cameras have been blown off walls, people have been crushed by trees.

10 reported death so far.
edit on 29-10-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Your sadly mistaken OP. You are underestimating the damage just a few feet of water can do. You obviously have no experience with this sort of situation.

Sure, Time Square is dry. What about Spring Lake NJ, Point Pleasant and Lower Manhattan? I'm just curious what constitutes a disaster in your world?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I believe i posted a video of a "disaster" in the OP

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What if people end up dying in this hurricane because of the media crying wolf during Irene? If this storm turns out to be a dud, I bet more people won't even listen to the warnings when a really bad storm approaches. Do you see how that works? Saving lives? No!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Your sadly mistaken OP. You are underestimating the damage just a few feet of water can do. You obviously have no experience with this sort of situation.

Sure, Time Square is dry. What about Spring Lake NJ, Point Pleasant and Lower Manhattan? I'm just curious what constitutes a disaster in your world?

yeah its a real let down to some of these geniuses here. You know, if they arent suffering everything is great... who cares if others are.
Our future looks dim with so many with this mindset.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

what are the chances of upper manhattan or times square getting flooded out?

link   
I'm just going to throw this out there, not that I really know much about it, but I recently read and watched a little about awww jeez now I forget what they call it. It's the collective conscious...and the ability to make things happen via thought. I'm sure they would argue that tptb make the media hype everything as much as they can to get as many people thinking terrible thoughts. This would be an effort to worsen the situation, and i guess make more money and depopulate?? lol like i said burn me all you want, it's just a thought.

link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

The news is reporting ten dead from the storm. People are, apparently, dying already.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just called my brother and dad, their doing okay for now. Conserving their phone use.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I believe it is simply wrong to tout that people in a storm's path are over reacting to its severity and taking unnecessary precautions.

Than the people being mocked because they under-acted and stayed put in a storm others predicted 'no big deal', but turned out to be disastrous.

Especially in a location that is not prone to these storms, cat I or otherwise.

***One thing we learned in Florida over my last 50 years, is plan for the worst hope for the best, because the advantages of action, outweigh the consequences of inaction.

-On topic-

edit on 29-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

CNN has a photo slideshow up with stuff from the storm as it was earlier. Looks like some very flooded areas to me. If we define serious by death, then I guess it's not serious. If that's defined by the direct losses by real people for property, the pictures there look real depressing and for once, I'm happy to live in Tornado alley. We can have an F-4 pass a few miles away and never even get a deck chair turned over. These monster Hurricanes suck.

It's even worse when, like Sandy, it's not one storm...but multiple storms merging over land.

CNN Slideshow with Damage from earlier

But see, I already put the photos from when Sandy allegedly went through the Caribbean. They were photoshopped,

Guess what? These are also. Feel free to put them through forensic exam yourself.

fotoforensics.com...

fotoforensics.com...
edit on 29-10-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: add info

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I believe i posted a video of a "disaster" in the OP

Your nonchalant attitude is a clear indication that you are void of feelings and concern for your fellow man.
Its obvious what your doing with this thread and its sick.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

I don't know if i missed something, but I thought this was more about the media and the way they deliver the weather to us. I have watched a lot of tv and weather reports in my day, and I was almost terrified myself today. It was the language they were using. They made it seem like this is going to be it for the east coast...they said every zing word and phrase except 'biblical proportions'....I don't think anyone can deny that it's a really bad storm, and things are being destroyed...and unfortunately, loss of life. It very well still may be and we have it all wrong, but i sure hope not.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

The news is reporting ten dead from the storm. People are, apparently, dying already.

Add to that one fireman confirmed dead, 4 unaccounted for yet. The wind is causing it to be impossible to fight the fires and the flooding is preventing more emergency vehicles getting to them. Unknown how many are in the buildings on fire... or in the vehicles. 911 is bogged down and cant take the calls. Hispitals are out of power.. you know, where dying and sick folks are. There wont be shipments of groceries getting through.. much less meds and care for those who are dependent on others. Firehouses, police depts and eqip all under water.. etcetera...

Hurricane + nor'easter = unknown. The real problems will start tomorrow for the NY area. The other states have a few more days of this as yet.. the track hooks a hard right after it goes inland. Already ice and sleet in 2 states.

But yeah, its so overblown and hyped..
I best stay out of these threads with this BS..
edit on 29-10-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There's an earlier thread about this here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join