It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep the public afraid! (Sandy is all Hype!!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Just want to know...has OP turned on the TV or surfed any of the related threads in the last few hours?

I'm sure he has, and to be honest its doing what any cat 1 hurricane does...just in the northeast. They are making it out to be something its not. I mean they are trying to compare it to storms in apocalyptic movies. And they are freaking out that a crane fell upside down in NYC. They are REALLY harping on that one.

I agree, its just way overhyped.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I haven't the slightest clue who benefits, but I tell you one thing: Given the increase of weather intensity, if I had the money I would surely be starting a company building generators and packaging MRE-style foodstuffs for civilians. Then I would pay the media to hype-up anything I could afford to and have news stations show people preparing with DIABLO generators and DEVIL'S EGG MRE's

link   
reply to post by Akragon

Mad respect for bringing this up. people are worried about... There cars and structural damage, dear god............

link   
hey OP, are you out of your MIND?
This is a dangerous storm with major storm surges, high tides under a full moon and its barely landed, and we're looking at roads to Atlantic city completely washed out, the Battery Tunnel flooding and a few storm related deaths. As of right now, damage cost is in the BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, and you think this is a minor storm?
God I hope NOONE ON HERE LISTENS TO YOU, you could get someone KILLED.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"Keep the public afraid"........isn't that Alex Jones' brief?

Sensationalism is what it is. Suckers will be suckers,

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I don't know if he has, but I haven't just got in from work, trying to get settled in. I'm in Pittsburgh, it's been dizzeling steady all day. It's picking up now into a full steady rain, not too windy here yet though. Hope everyone is ok. After I get cozied it i will check into the threads & news you mentioned.

link   
Yeah ok hype then why is the NY stock exchange under 3 feet of water and 2 million people without power in my tri-state area?

link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by kosmicjack

People in that side of america are not use to hurricanes, not many. So of course its gonna be over hype, that and the NYSE and D.C getting blasted too.

Obama has a chance to save the day this is his big show can they postpone the election over a national desaster?
like the closeing of the stock market sorry i need a break from ATS,lol

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

They seem to be over-hyping most storms lately. Even in my area where we have seen plenty of hurricanes, they make such a huge deal out of any tropical system coming anywhere close. Last storm was weak and they had mandatory evacuations for people in areas that would never evacuate not even for a much stronger storm because their location is so elevated and inland.

I think it changed with Katrina. So much criticism and drama regarding how that was handled. I think all the outlets are doing some 'covering of their arses' in case something truly tragic does come from one of these weak storms.
edit on 29-10-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
This is a dangerous storm with major storm surges, high tides under a full moon and its barely landed, and we're looking at roads to Atlantic city completely washed out, the Battery Tunnel flooding and a few storm related deaths. As of right now, damage cost is in the BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, and you think this is a minor storm?

Another billions of dollars won't hurt our trillion of dollars of debt,

BTW Katrina still is obliterated, no one is barely working over there, people are afraid of New york and D.c. Special interest, wall street. Keeping the money coming.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I just checked out the live cams of times square. so where's the hurricane at? looks like everyone going about their everyday business.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If this is live..and it says it is..

aws1.earthcam.com...

i don't even see it raining there...

let alone people dieing and power out and flood surging...

Hmmm..

you might be on to something OP..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace
Yeah ok hype then why is the NY stock exchange under 3 feet of water and 2 million people without power in my tri-state area?

Thanks for being a great example of the sensationalism. The NY stock exchange isn't under 3 feet of water. That was a false report. Continue to BE AFRAID!

link   
I was downplaying and making light of Sandy until about this afternoon. It seemed too much like the last one where they cried wolf and everyone ran....to see it wasn't worth even staying up to watch. The Tsunami this weekend also turned out to be the big crisis that wasn't...so it seemed better than even odds this would be a dud too.

Scanner reports and the last report I had from a friend outside NYC, before they lost power again is that this one is no joke. They are taking serious damage in the neighborhoods and the towns. It sounds like it's going to be a real nasty aftermath.

By the way.....We all saw after Katrina how the Insurance companies look at Hurricane related flooding on the Gulf Coast. If it isn't blown straight in on a high wind, it ain't Hurricane...it's just a flood and so sorry..not covered. At least it was back then, and down there. So...Whats the policy attitude in the Northeast on Hurricane related flooding and major wind damage when the totals to pay add up to enough to give Insurance people dreams of empty bank accounts for a long time to come?

link   
People are just afraid, and when nothing happen they will all say they dodged a bullet, got lucky and go back to work. Dear God you stop me for going to work for a day or two. and the insurance may get a phone call here and there.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

aws1.earthcam.com...

Hmmm..

Like i said on the first page... look at the radar...

The storm is disapating as it hits land.... Then look at CNN or any other new Coverage on the storm...

They're making it out to be the worst storm to ever hit land...

:shk:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Ive been a slave on this plantation my whole life i hope sandy breaks the Bank

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

aws1.earthcam.com...

Hmmm..

I watched TWC pretty much all day today and that's how it looked every time they showed NY.
Then about 40 miles north and south of there it was supposedly blowing a gale and raining cats and dogs.

On this thread alone you have people in Pittsburgh where it is just drizzling like NY. Then someone from Ohio tells you it's the worst storm in their lifetime.

It makes no sense to me. If NY is flooded in some places I would ask if there are dams on the Hudson that might have helped create that.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The media always sensationalize everything. That hasn't changed for 50 years. This is no different. They are bored with all the election stuff and this is new and potentionally the biggest story of the year at least in America. If they didn't warn everybody and be extra vigilant then you guys would all be screaming your heads off about depopulation. You guys can spin this how ever you want. Actually you guys are worse than the media because you don't have to fact check anything. You can make it up as you go along. The brunt of this storm hasn't even hit yet. The storm surge hasn't come ashore yet. I bet for everybody saying this is hype your not the ones in the affected area's. Save your play by plays until the dust clears and we will all see whats happened when the water settles. Be accountable for what you say. Calling a kettle black don't you think.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The fact that the news is overhyping it does not mean that it is not a dangerous storm. Many of those effected are in for a rough period of living without power, possibly without water and sanitation, etc.

History shows us that megastorms tend to become disasters after the fact and not during. It's the fallout from the storms that causes the real problems with infrastructure.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join