It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ship With 700 Tons of Gold Ore Goes Missing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Russian Ship With 700 Tons of Gold Ore Goes Missing

A vessel with a nine-person crew and 700 tons of gold ore onboard has gone missing in stormy seas off Russia's Pacific Coast. The ship sent a distress call yesterday as it was sailing from the coastal town of Neran to Feklistov Island in the Sea of Okhotsk. The vessel, hired by mining company Polymetal, was carrying the gold ore from one deposit to another where it was to be processed.

All the gold going missing - and now more...

I'm not going to add alllll the other links to alllll the other 'gold gone gone' threads here on ATS as the repetition is just too tedious and if it's not obvious to you already? Being spoon fed here isn't going to help your eyesight.

What we need to know is - where is all this gold going? Because do I believe it's just 'missing'? No, I don't. If it is just 'missing' what are the astronomical odds of that? Numbers to the stars...

Or do you all forget the massive amounts of gold (never spoken of again) - the gold that was stored under the Twin Towers? Look it up. The info is there - hard to find - but there. More gold stored under those Towers than in Fort K.

And of course what about that gold (or not) in Fort Knox?

Recently? What about all that German gold just 'up and gone'.

And more.

Problem is - no matter how many dots we connect? None of 'us' can see the big picture - yet.

I have my suspicions, but I'll keep them to myself at the moment.

peace

edit on 29-10-2012 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Why would a ship carrying that much gold only have 9 people on board? Something doesn't add up right. You would figure to have a security force on that ship as well (with guns of course).

I don't know, I think there is more to this story that we are not told at this time. Keep us posted on any news that "surfaces".

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
700 tons of ore only yields about 140 ounces of gold so, although not to be sniffed at, the loss isn't catastrophic.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good spot. I would point out it looks to be unrefined gold ore (rather than gold bars) which would mean a crew of 9 would be more than adequate in normal circumstances.

I would also have to say that commercial Russian boats in this part of the world are often in extremely bad repair. As an example, look at the boat that capsized this year that was trailing an oil rig - it should never have been allowed to sea. So, rather than sinister gold heist (but what a movie that would be) it could simply be commercial greed on an unseaworthy ship.

Excellent spot though OP. S & F.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Excellent find OP, thanks!!!

I imagine your thinking on this subject is the same as mine, perhaps...

Remove as much gold from the economy as possible to limit the number of people who might try to use precious metals as a hedge against the current economic crisis. Without gold, bartering would become even more difficult in a time of societal collapse. Makes the masses even less likely to try to fight back and simply comply with what the ruling powers decree.

Perhaps not, but I put nothing past the true mover and shakers of this world.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Interesting, here is some info to give a sense of scale of this lose:

700 ton [short, US] = 22 400 000 ounce
1 ounce of gold = approx $USD 1,700.00

Typically 5 grams of gold is obtained per 1 Troy ton of gold order

3500 grams of gold which equates to approx. 123 ounces
So about USD$ 210, 000.00 worth of gold was lost, plus the ship, plus the crew.

Over such "little" gold, i doubt any serious conspiracy exists.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
its gold ore, it hasnt been refined yet... Gold companys do this all the time, why would they have security forces protecting them?... Gold is still mixed with rocks and what not...
So a boat sank, it had gold, coincidence? yes.

Just gonna make myself clear, THERE WAS NOT SO MUCH GOLD ONBOARD... IT HAD NOT BEEN REFINED. AS it is called Gold Ore. its mixed with dirt / rock / what else u might dig out of a mountain.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Johnkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
700 tons of ore only yields about 140 ounces of gold so, although not to be sniffed at, the loss isn't catastrophic.

That's a blunt statement...where did you find this information out? Please cite your source. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Someone is collecting all of the worlds gold and they want it down to the scraps in your jewelry boxes. if we knew where the gold goes we would know a lot.

The gold prices have been manipulated so that dredgers and mine owners that had not bothered went back to work. here the dredgers are running until the rivers are to high now, half the rivers are closed to swimmers because the mining is non stop.

I doubt this was only ore myself. But if it was it is still about gold being taken somewhere. All the gold.

All the World’s Gold Could Fit in 3.5 Olympic Pools

ernestvlog.com...
edit on 29-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by silo13

Someone is collecting all of the worlds gold and they want it down to the scraps in your jewelry boxes. if we knew where the gold goes we would know a lot.

Good point. That said, there is a lot of corruption in Russia as well. Keep that in mind also.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by silo13

Good point. That said, there is a lot of corruption in Russia as well. Keep that in mind also.

Yes, there is a lot of corruption everywhere. But where is all the gold down to the last particle flowing! Something unusual is happening right under our noses and we don't even see it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I want to hear more from you all... Opinions... Meaning...

First it was the BIG loads...

Now, as some as you have pointed out - it's down to the 'smaller bits'.

What does that tell you?

peace

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Gold can also be locked in seams of rock, often far underground. Today, man often has to dig deep to find narrow veins of quartz containing minute grains of gold, sometimes alloyed with a low percentage of silver or mixed with sulfides. It takes five tons of ore to produce just an ounce of gold. How is this done?

www.comspark.com...

Some ore mixes have more gold than others, but some have less, so the average is around five tons to the ounce or refined gold.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Am I the only one worried about the crew ? Missing ships are such tragic stories.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

But where is all the gold down to the last particle flowing! Something unusual is happening right under our noses and we don't even see it.

It's not going anywhere and there is nothing to see.

People keep predicting a takeover by the elite but it never comes. At some point you have to reconsider your position.

Lets pretend that 100 of the worlds elite get all the gold. What are they going to do with it?
Lets pretend they get title to all the land. What are they going to do with it?
Don't forget the population has more guns than they do..

Much ado about nothing.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

That's a blunt statement...where did you find this information out? Please cite your source. Thanks.

That's the same information I have, although that is for more marginal mines, the yields are all in the order of grammes per ton/tonne/US short ton.

As for the metal gold, it has mainly a scrap value. I don't think there is any big conspiracy surrounding gold, people buy it up for bullion when people want to sell it, it's as simple as that. Anyone can do it. Gold artifacts may have a residual value for a buyer for all sorts of obvious reasons, same as a Harley from the 30's.
According to the link, the ore was being moved for extraction of the metal elsewhere. There is a figure of $12 cost per ton of ore for extraction thrown about, I don't know if that is an average figure, or an actual charge.
edit on 29-10-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A far out idea would be that someone not of this world is demanding gold. On the other hand gold prices are sky high like every other bubble in the last 20 years or so. It's demand and greed.
edit on 29-10-2012 by IntelRetard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What if...

Nibiru came when it was supposed to. They got their gold and left.

Not that I really believe that but, what if?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
Am I the only one worried about the crew ?

Apparently.

Actually you're not. Humans are more valuable, but on sites like this with topics like this, they will be overlooked in favor of conspiracies that probably aren't there.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hopefully the crew is still alive and will be found.

The amount of gold on that ship is nothing. I've seen quite a few people who have more gold than that. Besides you can walk in to many, many stores and see more gold than that. That's a very small amount of gold, but a lot of rock that probably has alot of other minerals and metals thats worth far more than the gold after its processed.

Rhodium prices are pretty low now, around $1,150 an ounce, down from the $10,000 an ounce 5 year high.

But... lots of gold has gone missing, $400,000,000 in gold went missing below the twin towers when they were hit by planes; and that was at the old prices of around $350 an ounce. We're talking about a million ounces missing. That's approximately the equivalent of 1000 bars of 1000 ounces each. That's moving alot of gold bars that weigh over 60 pounds each. It would have taken more than one semi to remove that much gold. It would have taken many car loads to have taken it all. The mystery of where all this gold went and who took it is still up for grabs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join