It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Grade Eight Social Studies: Who Is The Prophet Of Muslims?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

No, its Pearson Canada. Majority of textbooks are published under them.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

oy vey.. what freedom are you speaking of exactly... forget it.. i don't know why i'm even replying to you..you just took your childs freedom of choice away... freedom to learn about other people and cultures because it's not what you believe.. ummm hello earth to crazyland... that's not freedom that's parental tyranny.. but hey I don't believe a word you just said anyways
I'm sure they didn't suspend the unit to suit your craziness... but hey if you believe it thats all that matters.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Personally, I don't believe that the OP just happened to get a phone call from the school regarding this very issue. My bet is they've realized they will get little to no support on this "cause".

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Also you guys may call me paranoid, but I'm a truth seeker and make connections between bits of information here and there at super sonic speeds, I don't just see the trees, or the forest ,I see all aspects of both and even the patterns and shapes and groupings in the forest, and the new seedlings, directions.

One thing I note all the time is the odd vehicles I pick up within a few blocks of driving every day I go anywhere, with these odd liscence plates. The vehicles are very well heeled, todays was blackish, maybe a midnight grey. It was a bit like a cross between a hearse and a SUV. With beautiful shaped body. Ritzy. Liscence a form of 9/11, one of the forms, and the lovely V. That one seemed to appear out of nowhere on my outing, in both directions, got ahead of me on the way home so I could read its license plate. This is not just once in a while, fairly frequent. But today, both ways, that in front of me and a police car on the tail all the way home, seemed a little funny.

Speak up everyone, don't afraid of bullying tactics, only very insecure, weak little souls bully anyone.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

She obviously lying there. Too bad shw won't post the video of the baord laughing in her face lol

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog

Personally, I don't believe that the OP just happened to get a phone call from the school regarding this very issue. My bet is they've realized they will get little to no support on this "cause".

hmm you didn't believe that either huh.. can't imagine why..
I did like the part about how the school read this thread though and got a clue.. hahahaha...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yeah, you know, I never realized it was part of a secondary school's daily routine to check conspiracy websites to see if they might be mentioned. This one is so amazing that it managed to take our conversation about a whole province of public schools and figure out that we were talking about this specific one even though city or district is never mentioned.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah, they read this thread and changed their system of education, sounds plausible.

I'm going to tell a secret, I'm running for the US presidency and I'm a human alien hybrid.
edit on 29-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Also you guys may call me paranoid, but I'm a truth seeker and make connections between bits of information here and there at super sonic speeds, I don't just see the trees, or the forest ,I see all aspects of both and even the patterns and shapes and groupings in the forest, and the new seedlings, directions.

One thing I note all the time is the odd vehicles I pick up within a few blocks of driving every day I go anywhere, with these odd liscence plates. The vehicles are very well heeled, todays was blackish, maybe a midnight grey. It was a bit like a cross between a hearse and a SUV. With beautiful shaped body. Ritzy. Liscence a form of 9/11, one of the forms, and the lovely V. That one seemed to appear out of nowhere on my outing, in both directions, got ahead of me on the way home so I could read its license plate. This is not just once in a while, fairly frequent. But today, both ways, that in front of me and a police car on the tail all the way home, seemed a little funny.

Speak up everyone, don't afraid of bullying tactics, only very insecure, weak little souls bully anyone.

Narcissistic...much? Wait.. don't tell me. If I were you.. i'd flag the ritzy men in black car down and give them a what for.. you know! only you can save the world.. we are depending on you!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Aside the fact this is going as high as it has to, and I feel like Buffy slaying the demons, this issue is outrageous and never seen before in my life. One thing, that he is going to do,and I'm going to tell them I am enforcing is, on his exam, he will answer anything like that, with (my mother considers this to be an illegal question, not suitable for secular education)

The study guide you posted are facts. Whether you agree with the religions mentioned is another matter. No teachings or opinions have been taught from what you've said, just the foundations. As far as I'm concerned, that is a good teacher.
Please don't show up your kids by "raising cain" at the school.
edit on 29-10-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Listen, before everyone piles in here with crazy calling, please show some restraint and kindness ok?
Ma'am, I'm sure you will not believe me, or listen to me, but you have gone beyond 'seeing the truth' when no one else can recognize it, and into mental illness territory. We are doing you no favors by either feeding your delusion, or simply writing you off as 'crazy' and ridiculing you for it.
Please show your mom this thread and see what she thinks ok?
Sincerely, someone who's been there...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

While I understand, and agree, what your post I have asked on several pages of this thread for more excerpts from the textbook regarding other belief systems so that we can do a comparison and see if they are truly biased. First the OP is angry that Islam is being portrayed in a positive light and then when questioned about it, adamantly denies that that was the issue in the first place.

People like the OP are why schools in America are teaching Creationism in a high school science class and putting disclaimers in their textbooks calling Evolution a "theory" (obviously not understanding the definition of theory). I just want to keep that from being the case in our system.

When someone wants to remove all mentions of religion from a classroom citing the separation of church and state as their main reason it creates a big and unnecessary problem. If this were to happen how would we teach a class on Joan of Arc? Would you have to completely omit that her motivation was because she heard God speak to her or replace it with "she was crazy. And French. 'Nough said."

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That was either extremely nice or brilliantly sarcastic.

Nice.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yes, I agree. It's just that the discussion just went from someone stubbornly sticking to their views despite much evidence to the contrary, to something else altogether.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Please, if you are going to go on and rant about how it's wrong to teach about religion in secular schools, don't you think you should also include all the BS about Christ and Revelations and all the other made up crap about Christianity also. Christ was just a cult leader, you know that right?

It's ALL just fairytales and I agree, none of it has any place in our childrens education. ALL religions are just fairytales. It doesn't matter how many people believe a certain religion to be true, in reality they're still just lies.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Completely sincere.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

. If this were to happen how would we teach a class on Joan of Arc? Would you have to completely omit that her motivation was because she heard God speak to her or replace it with "she was crazy. And French. 'Nough said."

thanks for that giggle.. haha mon dieu les fous françaises! as for the other comment about giving unity a break and treating her with obvious respect of the mental illness she has... It has not gone unnoticed that she obviously needs medication and a psychiatrist or two.. however no matter how often you state such or tell her so.. she's not gonna believe you..
edit on 29-10-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
Yes, I agree. It's just that the discussion just went from someone stubbornly sticking to their views despite much evidence to the contrary, to something else altogether.

You are right. It really does frighten me though to think someone like the OP is not alone in their thinking and if they get loud enough people are willing to chuck aside logic in order to appease an angry mob.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

. If this were to happen how would we teach a class on Joan of Arc? Would you have to completely omit that her motivation was because she heard God speak to her or replace it with "she was crazy. And French. 'Nough said."

thanks for that giggle.. haha mon dieu les fous françaises! as for the other comment about giving unity a break and treating her with obvious respect of the mental illness she has... It has not gone unnoticed that she obviously needs medication and a psychiatrist or two.. however no matter how often you state such or tell her so.. she's not gonna believe you..

I should also probably correct myself too and say that Joan of Arc was motivated because she thought she was hearing God speak to her.

Probably one of the best things the OP could do then is to print off this thread and take it into the school. Maybe someone there can help her get the help she needs.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join