It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Grade Eight Social Studies: Who Is The Prophet Of Muslims?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The opening of this defines CHAOS and then civilization. Out of Chaos, order? In social studies?

And speaks of Europe struggling, but how China had a 2000 year written langauge and Arabs developed into a

a major world civilization, largely because of the influence of Islam
p.1.

Completely slanted. No they expanded because Islam was an empire, and possibly because the Roman Church backed them.

In little boxes it says:

Peasant farmers ploughing the land. By 1200, much of western Europe was ruled by feudalism. Nobles controlled the land, on which 90% of the population toiled to make a meagre living

In comparison to the gold boxes for Arabia:

Towns develop in areas with conditions favorable to human survival. Then, because people want to live in peace together, they develop laws adn common cultural ties----and so emerge the arts, music and literature. Religion can play a particularly important role in helping people agree on acceptable behavior in society

PAGE ONE.

Highly slanted wording.

Pathways: Civilizations Through time
by Michael Cranny.
Prentice Hall Ginn Canada, Scarborough, Ontario.

Please pay attention to what your children are being taught in school. Social studies and history are supposed to be as factual as possible.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
...and for the record, I wouldn't give a toss if the police officer stopping my skull being kicked into the pavement/sidewalk was wearing a turban, full moustache/beard, veil or even a scottish kilt.
Again, the word 'zealot' comes to mind.

edit on 30-10-2012 by grainofsand because: To add: Again, the word 'zealot' comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

All those statements were true for the middle ages. And Chinese written system has more than 2000 years old.
edit on 30-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Unity clearly believes the Christian teachings are the only truth.
I love the opposing teachings between religions...they help me see the bull# so evident within them all.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This piece of propaganda is in our children's textbook, and though there are many corruptions and reasons to hold TPTB accountable in western countries, and the US, it sounds like its Anti American.

I had noticed reading through the Roman Empire some odd things, just wording that implied what it shouldn't have.

Then on p. 12 in the Activities.

Identify four possible symptoms of a declining civlization. The Roman Empire was not the only civilization to rise, flourish, and then decline. Identify a present day civilization that shows symptoms of decline

Call me paranoid if you will, but this UN, Saudi written text, seems to have much the same sentiment that some of the posters writing on the Sandy Flooding and Disaster threads, the anti American hatred.

If Social Studies had modern Social Planning and Political Discussion, exploring corruption in systems, and ways that society could safeguard, watchdog freedoms and empowerment of the people, alternative systems, such as the Venus Project. I would have alot more respect for the discussion.

But this is being forced upon North American children.

And content aside, its the nwo UN homoginzed text to begin with, that is an affront to national identity and sovereignity. World History, lands and people, with a strong Canadian Content education is more appropriate.

I take it they're supposed to point their finger at the US in that last question.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Exactly, you take it. But it's not true.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It sickens me, here the 10 commandments. Well let get technical, they sure don't teach they actually come from the Egyptian book of the dead and are not found in the original translation of the bible, not our version. But to have such things taught to children in social studies.

Exodus 19.

And the Beatitudes.

And a push towards the morals of religions in an overt way!

p.16

You're in a musci store and you see someone slip a CD into his jacket and leave. Do you think stealing is wrong? Ever wondered where you got this opinion?.....

In Canada, we learn our values from several sources, including our families and friends, the media....Religious teachings are also a source of social values.....

In all civilizations, religion, entertainment, personal morality develop together.

For example religion affects community standards, which affect the content of television shows, which affects personal opinion, which affects religion....

SO STUDYING OUR RELIGIOUS ROOTS MAKES SENSE FOR ALL OF US.

I can make a case of law, growth in awareness and human rights, and the writings of great philosophers as contributing.

And religious fairy tales incorporating some great philosophers, such as Seneca.

So they are pushing religion on our school kids. Grounding in religious understanding?

Its not legal!

And its pretty interesting that in the Christianity section they said he was from Palestine. I imagine that Arabs consider that to be the official name, but not typically North American outlook.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Listen... I get you believe it's slanted. I don't see how you get A + B = evilness... and I don't have enough time to go back through this and quote how many times you've contradicted yourself and the original topic. At least your making some sense in intelligible language that I can understand today.

You have no links of references to this book you claim is saudi written.. or saudi owned.. I looked up the book and the authors and lo and behold it is published in Ontario.. thats canada n'est-ce pas? or is that over in Saudi Arabia.??. Authors are both Canadian born and bred.

And Arabia did have a big period of "a golden age" that too is historical fact and quite a bit of art, philosophy and science came out of that time period. Just like the golden age of the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans... there was also the time of the holy crusades which I'm sure is the next visit on the tour through the world timeline. Without knowing the who, what and why .. one wouldn't understand the next time period...

As for the slant against America.. really? your the one comparing Rome to the USA. Your inferring that! It's not implying that however most civilizations do fall.. Let's look at the british empire.. Is it still an empire? Is it still ruled by the monarchy? Or has it developed into a commonwealth? yet it still exist.. no?

It doesn't matter what anyone of us has to say.. your going to see it how you perceive it. If you want to encourage your children then I would suggest you Add more EDUCATION.. from various sources to round out what you believe is slanted history.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

sigh double posted again... Have you ever picked up a bible? a qua'an? A torah? Do you know what any of them have to say? Because they are good references for history as well written by the people of those time periods. My guess is no... and once again your speaking in incomplete sentences and thoughts.. WHO said WHO was from Palestine? and yes it is referred to Palestine in the bible... egypt is referred to egypt etc etc... have a complete thought and think about it logically before you post so others can understand what it is your saying. ok?
edit on 30-10-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OMG, page 22. Well first of all, there seems to be alot of mention of terms not appropriate to Canadian schoolchildren, like Franks and Merovingians.

Codes, legal codes.

Then on this page it discusses the Laws of the Franks. The Salic Code. Retribution being made by a fine and even relation/revenge.

In the boxes so they really stand out:

Some of the laws in the Salic Code seem strange to us today...for instance, cutting a child's hair was a serious offence....a person's strength could be measured by their hair....

NOTE THE FRANKS FINED PEOPLE MORE FOR KILLING A BOY THAN KILLING A GIRL. Why did they do this? Do Canadian laws make similar distinctions? Why or why not?

NOT LEGALLY. RELEVANCE OF THIS INFORMATION?

BIG GOLD BOX WITH RED STAMP OF APPROVAL FOR YOUNG MINDS ABSORB: AKA THE BRAINWASHING BOX:

Crime: Punshment:
Theft of a slave 120-150 lashes
Arson slavery in the mines, banishment or death
Theft: fine, torture or death

And the rest is a long list of various amounts in gold for the fines.

Relevance? Sharia sounding?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

These laws are not bad, would put some people in their places.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma

These laws are not bad, would put some people in their places.

i hope your being sarcastic per usual lol... listen unity... it's not slanted it's telling the truth about old human laws and views and those of today... if you don't know about the laws of old how can you be k a better society? It isn't advancing the notion that you need to go out and sell your daughter for 3 goats and a chicken... you MUST learn that was the old way of doing things.. thinking that isn't acceptable today in most societies. It's teaching children to think for themselves... and in the end isn't that what you want?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Yeah, I appreciate sarcarm at some points of the discussion lol

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yeah, I appreciate sarcarm at some points of the discussion lol
lmao.. who doesn't really? I had my fun yesterday.. today eh.. i'm feeling really sad about this poor human who doesn't get it.. and doesn't care that she doesn't get it. lol

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, if you are really intent on handicapping your kids and keeping them ignorant of the world and it's history, you could always move deep into the yukon wilderness. No one will bother you there.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

That's a good thing you're doing. But I think her case is deeper. Looks like she was indoctrinated by her parents.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

That's a good thing you're doing. But I think her case is deeper. Looks like she was indoctrinated by her parents.

your right it's a lost cause i've just been bored today.. lol and i agree she certainly seems uneducated at best ( most all college freshman have to take sociology 101..) and it's clear she's never studied religion at all.. and the world is evil and out to get her... oh and the hybrids too.. not just humanity.. is it wrong to poke a dragon?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I think it's ok to poke the dragon, but the hybrids.....lol
edit on 30-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Seems you don't realize your own ignorance, but whats new on the internet?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join