It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Grade Eight Social Studies: Who Is The Prophet Of Muslims?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

No no no.. I'm not saying it's ok (the fact that you came to that conclusion proves how completely off your rocker you actually are).. I'm saying that our children need to know it happened... and remember that it happened... Maybe they won't make the same mistake in the future.

They need to know that there are people in the world that are different than them.. That were raised differently.. that came from a different background.. and right or wrong should know what these people hold dear for them so that maybe they can find what is true for his or her own life.
edit on 29-10-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

link   
Dear God, the op kid might either be, a muslim or christain or perhaps the next bill muir

link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
While I understand your concerns about your child learning about religion in school. I think you are going about this wrong.

Last year my daughter had a social studies project around Christmas time, she was in the 6th grade last year, and her project was on Christmas in Syria, when she came home with it, when she came home with it, I was shocked! I couldn't believe her teacher was making her learn about Christmas in Syria?? Really Syria??? They don't have Christmas in Syria??!? What a stupid project!!

Well after some research I found that I was the ignorant one here....

I think it's good that your child is learning about other cultures, and if you believe Mohamed was a pedophile well then tell your child that, show him proof of what you say.

Saying that ......social studies is the study of the social aspects of people all over the world, and religion is a big part of that, you may not believe, your child may not believe, I may not believe, but you can't deny it is a very important part of the world's history.
edit on 29-10-2012 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
You are completely clueless and don`t understand a thing of what people are telling or asking, I give up too. Since you are a completely irrelevant influence in any school board.

The school board sold out to the educational minister, who in turn sold out to the UN, at least this seems logical to assume.

And I don't know what you're talking about. The issue is, this is not appropriate and it must be removed, our secular education reintroduced. If they want to study cultural differences, they had better be prepared to demonstrate the illegality and harm involved in some systems. But not in social studies in grade 8. That borders more on civics course, sociology related course, in senior high, or something.

I certainly believe one voice can make waves. I've dealt with some corruption before. And the situation will reveal itself, ie, how much input will be heard, how much education in the community might be needed. This is the preliminary stage, of how to bring it up, how to package this big concern how to address these issues with dignity. That is why I'm studying the full text and going to gather materials over the next couple days and write, then rewrite what to say.

But I don't think in terms other than, freedom and equality. And standing up for our sovereignity, nationally. I've addressed what are the most critical parts.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You never went to school did you? If you did they didn't do a very good job.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Actually, we wrote essays on nuremburg and I was published in the local paper. Even did some first year college. Thanks for asking.

Had normal social studies with secular content.

The overall text with more indepth lands and people, Irish civilization, Japan, etc, is very fascinating.

But its done in wording that is a red flag.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Well then.. I cannot believe you have a problem with them teaching about society in social studies class..

not to mention religion in history class...

Does your kid even know that there are people out there who have a religion?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Home school your child if you disagree with the system.reply to post by artnut

I was thinking the exact same thing artnut!

When you find out that what you believe is outside the norm of society, you feel backed into a corner and will strike.

I believe we are seeing this from the OP right now. I haven't pushed ahead to the end of this topic to see how agressive they are getting, but judging from the ALL CAPS right below your post, it's getting nasty.

Look, if you want your kid to learn exactly what YOU think they should learn, home school them.

I just want to reinforce that above statement, and demonstrate this little function called "bold". See, it makes the text stand out so people notice the emphasis more. It's much more classy than all caps. All caps is "shouting" on the internet. You don't want people to think your a crazy lunatic with a child in their custody, do you?

Here's my example of using the "bold" feature:

Home school your child if you disagree with the current educational system. Problem solved.
edit on 29-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
OP doesn`t want mention to any relgious (mumbo jumbo, as she said) in schools and attacks religions. But looks what he believes and probably teaches the kid

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Credits to someone who posted this earlier in the thread

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I guess this is the third time i'm repeating this, i went to school, in Scarborough Toronto, probably the most multicultural place in Canada or rather the world(im not sure, maybe Norway is close?).

We studied about different religion and their origin. we were told how they go about praying, NO ONE, no ones was told to take that as fact, it is pretty much what the people of that religion believed in.

To me its pretty much likes describing a bicycle.

This is pedal.

you press this with you legs.

It causes the gears to move, it was invented by so and so and was perfected by so and so.

so and so people use it more often than others.

They believe this was invented by using momentum. etc etc

i can't believe this, im an Atheist and i'm supporting religion. Its going to rain fire.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I really can't see a problem with this.

Whether we like it or not religion has been one the biggest factors in human history and development.
And despite my personal beleifs it continues to be so today.
Surely to have a better understanding of events that are happening today and tomorrow it is wise to gain a neutral understanding of the events of yesterday that have a direct bearing on the here and now?

As long as details of all major religions are being taught and no belief system is given preferential treatment / coverage or taught as creed etc then surely no harm is done?

I personally find the question of 'god', his existence and nature quite interesting but as an avowed agnostic I think that by and large it's completely irrelevant - acts and deeds.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I am really surprised at the posts on my thread. And hadn't realized how bad the American education system was. The only one shocked, was my friend in Australia, who had the same Secular education our country was proud of.

And then being called hate filled, put down, told you'd look foolish to speak up and make an issue of this.

You guys seem to be agents for something, or very poorly educated, and don't have a clue about how to safeguard democracies.

There are big issues, that would take many aware people to stand up against the corruption in government, that I would like to participate in, that should be being done by millions across the nation until they back off their fascist NWO plans.

However, this is a matter I can bring up, can make a difference in, on a local level, and possibly take further.

Why aren't you protecting your children and your democracies?

Actually I happen to be Canadian and went to school in Canada and completely disagree with your opinion on Canadian social studies.
edit on 29-10-2012 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For example on page 156:

European women of the Middle Ages had fewer advantages in life than men. By referring to the passages of the Bible, the Church taught that women's lower social status was justified.

WHAT IS THAT DOING THERE.

Here on the bottom of page 157, in green so it stands out:

Margaret Paston Writes to Her Husband

It discusses day to day letter writing, 6 or 7 letters a day not uncommon, (not a computer age of course)

But to the right in gold with the big red Primary Source stamp it gives a letter, that stands out and is for brainwashing, this would be absorbed without question by students:

To my right worhsipful master, John Paston, be this delivered in haste.

Right worshipful husband,
etc etc etc...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

For example on page 156:

European women of the Middle Ages had fewer advantages in life than men. By referring to the passages of the Bible, the Church taught that women's lower social status was justified.

It discusses day to day letter writing, 6 or 7 letters a day not uncommon, (not a computer age of course)

But to the right in gold with the big red Primary Source stamp it gives a letter, that stands out and is for brainwashing, this would be absorbed without question by students:

etc etc etc...

Handwritten letters by those involved with an event do count as a primary source.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This so called interesting text seems to be laid out and filled with some in depth social studies and inappropriate choices in content that is sexist, violates the substantive equality of our constitution and Canadian Values, and they do it in eye catching, page layouts, each page broken up with colors, black on white the main text, but interrupted with big important colored boxes. Its all NLP, programming. And its sickening.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Its such an important topic, its no longer a local issue. This needs to become a national issue. Hard to believe having to go to bat with the school system and what is obviously a well laid out campaign against democracy and equality. But people need to stand up for Freedom.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

For example on page 156:

etc etc etc...

Ummm explaining the thought process and to social norm of folks at the time? You know people back then in europe and much of the middle east were pretty much ruled by the Catholic church..

But wait your son doesn't need to know that... they were ruled by the cookie monster.. and they were forced to worship the almighty chocolate chippidus else they be slain in a pool of molten caramel!

Thick skull much?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I dont have time to read all of this, but in one of your posts you said it was part of the NWO to push this crap on your kids, and Id be far more worried about the fact that half of what you learn in those books are IMPORTANT lies whereas the thing you are focusing on are useless facts. Part of me gets what youre saying, but yeah Id be far more concerned that all history books taught in school say the Federal Reserve is wonderful and dont mention anything about our countries war against central banks.

As someone who took both Honors level economics in highschool and economics in college, its AMAZING how horrible those classes were in terms of real knowledge. After studying it on my own Ive come to realize just how much of a joke those books and teachers were. But the point is our history books are full of useless crap and misconceptions which completely ignore the aspects of money and tyrants.
edit on 29-10-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, people are not ready to have freedom, you are proving why.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join