It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Trillion people affected, 13 Bajillion dollars in damage, Hurricane Sandy and media hype

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

So you intentionally posted a picture from a complete separate area and different storm than the one I used as my example?

So explain to me how Gustav in Louisiana was not hyped by posting a picture of a different storm in Maryland?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

I would hope so since that is what we were discussing. Unless you are intentionally posting pics of a complete separate storm from what we were discussing in an attempt to mislead.

So which one is it?

Do you mind sir this is a member of ats house!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

This was a Cat 1 hurricane. It is about as amusing to me as it is to people in the Northeast when people in the South freak out over a dusting of snow.

Then you have a VERY sick sense of humor.

People in New England and in the Mid Atlantic get plenty of hurricanes and winter storms. (I've been through at least a dozen hurricanes and/or typhoons) They aren't 'freaking out' about it. They are taking a bad situation for just what it is .. deadly and destructive. This storm is MASSIVE. A thousand miles across. It had record breaking low pressure. It sent 13 feet of water into New York City ..cutting it off. Entire neighborhoods have burned down. Others have so much water damage they have to be destroyed. 7 million houses don't have power. Many of those people need to refridgerate medications .. need special food ... need to get to hospitals for dialysis ... Countless numbers of people have lost their homes .. their special things that can't be replaced like photo albums .... Maryland and much of Delaware are underwater. The oil refineries on the Delaware river, as well as nuclear sites, were in the storm surge zone. The cost of this storm is staggering.

To compare this to a 'dusting of snow in the south to Northerners' ... that's perverse.

What is so hard to grasp about this concept?

Right back atchya. :shk:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It's nice to some can see the wood through the trees on here. The Saville case just as I predicted has taken a back seat and like the crimes at the jersey care home will be white washed to save any embarrassment to the British stablishment. Meanwhile Hurricane Sandy killed over 30 people in the Caribbean, but the msm was pretty quiet about that loss of life.

Anyway back to the main story.

Sandy killed 30 people, NOT IN AMERICA!!!

But omgee!

We're all supposed to suspend critical thinking, rational thinking, and wail and moan and gnash our teeth!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So you intentionally posted a picture from a complete separate area and different storm than the one I used as my example?

So explain to me how Gustav in Louisiana was not hyped by posting a picture of a different storm in Maryland?

We are talking about sandy here! for christ sakes sir have some respect please

The pics are from sandy... this poor lady is in a shelter i am worried sick and she has lost her
home etc and people have lost lives etc

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

The problem here is that you have an extraordinarily difficult time actually paying attention. Denver posted a very current picture of the hurricane's damage, you said it was from a different hurricane, he called you on your mistake, and you accused him of being misleading.

Don't pretend to be an idiot, I will call you out on it each and every time. I'm tired of the whole damn game being played in this thread, and my limits are being pushed by the tactless apathy that has been displayed here. We go nuts over a shooting in a theater, but a hurricane isn't worthy of our respect and sympathy?

Don't even go there.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Oh, that picture wasn't good enough for you? Let's try this one, an image of a New York street uploaded 19 hours ago, in the midst of being hit by Sandy:

Is that still undeserving of your respect and sympathy?

So you are saying that the way we show sympathy is not criticizing the same MSM we criticize every day for their over coverage?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

wait....sandy killed thirty people before it hit the US and the media was disrespectful enough to not cover it 24x7?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Apparently we can't criticise the media and feel for the people suffering at the same time.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Why does that matter? Does that mean you have no sympathy? If I accidentally get caught in a fire because I forgot to turn off the stove, does that mean you won't have any empathy for me?

No. I have sympathy for these people because they are victims. This topic is not about blaming the victims. It is about the MEDIA. What part of that do you not understand?

The MEDIA is what helps to create these victims. I have been very clear on my position on this and this thread is about ...ready for it? THE MEDIA.

You are all monsters if you turn your backs with so little cause. Despite the reasons, these people are in trouble, and they are facing a very difficult time. WHO CARES WHOSE FAULT IT IS?!?!?! The fact is, they will be having a very touch time over the next few weeks, and you can't find it in your hearts to care. Not even a little.

Know what I care more about? Not creating future victims. That is why it matters how these people found themselves in the situations they are in today.

One can judge a man by how he treats those he views as inferior. If you cannot spare compassion for these people, how can you expect compassion to be shown to you?

Who claimed these people are "inferior"? Let me ask you what have you done? I have delivered food to Hurricane victims. I have cleaned up debris. I have helped to rebuild homes for FREE to help people who are victims. WTF have you done? Don't you sit here and judge me cause you dont understand the topic or the message I have attempted to relay. How ****in dare you! Walk one mile in my shoes before you judge me and presume to know what I am all about, you dont know squat!

I helped with Katrina clean up. I helped with Rita clean up. If I was back home in Philadelphia, want to guess what I would be doing right now? So WTF have you done?

This thread is about the MEDIA HYPE. That is the topic, and it has been shown over and over again just how the media did hype this event. That HYPE creates victims, as I have explained over and over and over again. If you still dont get it yet, too bad., I cant help you.

edit on 30-10-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I would hope so since that is what we were discussing. Unless you are intentionally posting pics of a complete separate storm from what we were discussing in an attempt to mislead.

So which one is it?

SANDY sir, also when this woman if she get's back to ATS you can ask her who's flaming
house it is. Please feel free but i must warn you hell have no fury when a woman scorned.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sometimes, not very often
, but sometimes I am proved to be in Error on ATS.
Admitting I was wrong is easier than trying to "dance" around my mistake.

Try it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by beezzer

wait....sandy killed thirty people before it hit the US and the media was disrespectful enough to not cover it 24x7?

Apparently they (the media) were uncaring and unfeeling.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The problem here is that you have an extraordinarily difficult time actually paying attention. Denver posted a very current picture of the hurricane's damage, you said it was from a different hurricane, he called you on your mistake, and you accused him of being misleading.

Don't pretend to be an idiot, I will call you out on it each and every time. I'm tired of the whole damn game being played in this thread, and my limits are being pushed by the tactless apathy that has been displayed here. We go nuts over a shooting in a theater, but a hurricane isn't worthy of our respect and sympathy?

Don't even go there.

Call me out!!

Before you do, perhaps you should look at the post Denver was responding to... let me help you with that.

Yes you would, the problem is the media is not doing that. The media is not reporting the facts, they are reporting speculation. They are promoting fear. They are not actually looking at the data and reporting it truthfully. Let me give you an example. Hurricane Gustav. Feel free to go back into the ATS archives and see my post from that storm. The media played up the fear. Told people to evacuate. Told people it would be catastrophic. Many people left. What did the data say? The data said it would be a mild storm. It would weaken as it came closer to land. It would be nothing more than a strong thunderstorm. So what happened? People spent a lot of money stocking up on supplies. The National Guard showed up and put armed soldiers outside of Walmart. People spent a ton of cash, left town. I stayed. I knew what the data said. I saved my money. When Gustav made landfall, and it was what the data said it was, people came back pissed off. And today when there is a hurricane come to my area, one of the first thing people say is, "Well Gustav was nothing. Why should I leave now? I can't afford it again". The problem is, now they wont listen to that same media and one of these days the media will be right and they wont listen. Then people will die as a result.

Was I NOT discussing the hype surrounding Gustav and it's effects?

So when Denver post a picture asking where is the hype, is it NOT safe to assume he was asking about Gustav since that is what I was talking about?

Someone here should pay attention.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Apparently we can't criticise the media and feel for the people suffering at the same time.

That is what floors me. We spend years trying to cultivate a culture of logic based discussion on ATS. And it is all thrown out when people get emotional.

Criticizing the MSM is what we do on ATS. But just this once they are right?

The day after 5000+ people were accused of being pedo's in the Pentagon, Gabby Giffords was shot. We know that things happen, or are focused on, to divert attention. This doesn't mean sandy doesn't deserve some coverage. But in the zero sum conversation that is being forced upon us, we cannot distinguish between "some" coverage and "full" coverage. It is all or nothing.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Don't you sit here and judge me cause you dont understand the topic or the message I have attempted to relay. How ****in dare you! Walk one mile in my shoes before you judge me and presume to know what I am all about, you dont know squat!

Like the way you judged me saying i am posting pics of another storm after i told you
about this womans house which happens to be my ladies how dare you sir and you
calling me out to be a possible liar that's not on the poster is kat2684 and that is her
house and when she get's back you can ask her youtself buddy..

Good luck perhaps you might tell her that is not her house from this "storm"

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Was I NOT discussing the hype surrounding Gustav and it's effects?

(I wasn't i was discussing my lady freinds house and town sir)

So when Denver post a picture asking where is the hype, is it NOT safe to assume he was asking about Gustav since that is what I was talking about?

I wasn't intersted in gustav at all but the storm presnt here and now sir.

Someone here should pay attention.

yes they should

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I have respect.

I also posted the EXACT post I made in which you responded to with that picture. So read it again and tell me what was I discussing? What did I use as an example?

And YES there is HYPE surrounding SANDY.

And again I ask, where was this picture taken? Is it the same member who posted pics of the rising water who said, "I live in a flood area?" Shall I quote THAT post for you again? Here it is AGAIN.... from PAGE 3

Originally posted by kat2684 I'm only concerned with the flooding here on lower Delmarva.....I live in a flood plain expected to get surges up to 9ft tonight around midnight......Irene just missed flooding my laundry room, the water was up to 2ft in some areas......the storm has not hit yet and its surpassing Irene.....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
Like the way you judged me saying i am posting pics of another storm after i told you
about this womans house which happens to be my ladies how dare you sir...

If you have a tough time understanding how the flow of conversation works, that's your problem not mine.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
about this womans house which happens to be my ladies how dare you sir...

If you have a tough time understanding how the flow of conversation works, that's your problem not mine.

Internet warrior are we son? listen carefully ill spell this out for you no one could stop the flood
whether they stayed indoors or not have some respect ..

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join