It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney caught lying again - then repeating lie after bing called out on it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Except they corrected him. They told him it was false. They said it wasn't true.

Did he listen? Nope.

Was there an add put out enforcing that after the fact? Yup.

Instead he ran with it which is where the lie lays.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Always funny to see the Republican zombies reduced to blabbering after Romney gets exposed time after time.

I guess the official quote from Chrysler that states that they are not shutting down plants in the U.S. isn't good enough.

Why do you take all this to heart?

I guess I don't feel that kind of passion towards any one candidate in particular.

Maybe that's good...maybe not.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by xuenchen

Except they corrected him. They told him it was false. They said it wasn't true.

Did he listen? Nope.

Was there an add put out enforcing that after the fact? Yup.

Instead he ran with it which is where the lie lays.

Or his speech writers.

A lot of times they cause a big mess up and can make the candidate look bad.

Now, if either of them had the gift of gab like Clinton, well, they could talk their way out of it and no body would be the wiser....

edit on 29-10-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

As much as I disliked Clinton I would vote for him over these two right now.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Jeeps have been built and/or assembled around the world by various companies.

[40] Argentina – IKA Jeeps 1956–current; now owned by Chrysler
[41] Australia – Willys Motors Australia – 1940s–1980s
[42] Brazil – Willys Overland do Brasil, purchased by Ford to become Ford do Brasil – 1957–1985
[43] and the Troller T4 is a fiberglass bodied Jeep version built in Brazil. Troller was purchased by Ford do Brasil in 2007. Burma/Myanmar – Two Burmese companies produce unlicensed copies of jeeps; Myanmar Jeeps and Chin Dwin Star Jeeps. Canada – Kaiser Jeep – 1959–1969

-----------------------------

[44] China – Beijing Jeep Corporation – 1983 to 2009 as Beijing-Benz DaimlerChrysler Automotive. Fiat-Chrysler plans to re-open Jeep production in China through joint venture with Guangzhou Automobile Industry Group (GAIG).

----------------------------

[45] Colombia – Willys Colombia – at least until 1999
[46] Egypt – Arab Organization for Industrialization subsidiary Arab American Vehicles based in Cairo produces the Jeep Cherokee[disambiguation needed]; the open-top, Wrangler-based Jeep AAV TJL. France – Hotchkiss and Auverland – 1952–1962
[47] India – Mahindra & Mahindra Limited – 1960s-current
[48] Iran – Pars Khodro, ShahBaaz, Sahra, and Ahoo – ShahBaaz based on DJ series, Sahra based on Jeep Wrangler and CJ series, and Ahoo based on Wagoneer Israel – Automotive Industries which produces the AIL Storm (Sufa) series of Jeep Wrangler-derivatives Italy – 1950s
[49] Japan – Mitsubishi Jeeps – 1953–1998
[50] Korea – Asia Motors, Ltd, Dong A Motors (SsangYong Motor Company) and Kia. (don't use Jeep name) – 1980s-current
[51] Mexico – VAM Jeeps – 1946–1987
[52] Netherlands – Nederlandse Kaiser-Frazer – 1954-1990s
[53]Philippines – Jeepneys
;[54] MD Juan Willys MB.;
[55] "E-jeepneys" or minibuses, LSV (low-speed vehicles) which uses electricity.
[56][57]
Portugal – Bravia – 1960s–1980s
Spain – Vehículos Industriales y Agrícolas, S.A. (VIASA), absorbed by Ebro trucks, and later sold to Nissan – 1960-1990s
[58]
Turkey – Tuzla – 1954-1970s
[59]
Venezuela- Valencia Carabobo 1962–2011, 1962 Tejerias Edo Aragua Willys de Venezuela, S.A, 1979 -2011 Ensambladora Carabobo C.A Valencia Edo Carabobo

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow....this company has been all over the map from past to present.

[Please take note of #44......wonder what " Fiat-Chrysler plans to re-open Jeep production in China through joint venture with Guangzhou Automobile Industry Group (GAIG) could mean.....Hmmmm]

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

As much as I disliked Clinton I would vote for him over these two right now.

That makes two of us.....

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

It would appear they have both at least twisted the truth on this subject matter. However when people died, Obama lied. Not such a tough choice here...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Would like to ask,..... it's called Fiat Chrysler, yes?

Well, I'm starting to wonder who's telling the correct story and who is dodging the truth.....

Okay, earlier I found out that Fiat-Chrysler is going into a joint venture with Guangzhou Automobile Industry Group (GAIG)......which is out of China.

And other reports are implying that, yes, they are going to venture more into China.....

This article is talking about this city and this caught my eye:

The choice of Changsha to build the 220-story super structure may have been mere coincidence, but interestingly, the small town is home to the likes of China’s largest construction machinery maker Sany Heavy Industry, state-owned Changsha Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science and Technology Development Co., and Fiat’s car production venture with Guangzhou Automobile Industry Group.

So, I'm wondering if it's already in the works but the company is holding back admitting it to the public.....

Just a thought....

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

It would appear they have both at least twisted the truth on this subject matter. However when people died, Obama lied. Not such a tough choice here...

Oh you won't get an argument from me on that.

That's what I meant earlier when I said the lies that bother me the most are the ones that affect our security and well being of this nation.

Big difference in a statement about a auto company which may not be correct......
[which I'm leaning towards the car company not being all that forth coming]

And a W.H. cover up that is spinning out of control...... [by no fault but their own, IMO.....]
[ And no, it has nothing to do with Right/Left parties......just a bad judgement call on their part]

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Like I said in an earlier post. The tariffs on importing trucks and SUVs are so high that it would be financial suicide for them to move those manufacturing plants out of the US. Many foreign companies have set up manufacturing plants in the US to avoid those tariffs. Romney was just plain wrong.

Are they going to set up manufacturing outside the US? I would think so if there is a market for their product in those countries because I am sure tariffs work both ways. Evidence of them doing so should mean the company is doing well.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Obama saved the U.S. Auto industry.

If you want to twist the facts to suit your beliefs then go ahead, but the truth is that millions more would be unemployed if Obama hadn't approved the bail out for the car industry.

Under Capitalism a corporation can do almost anything in order to make more profits, and if that means expanding production to other countries then they are free to do that.

But that's going off topic.

Mitt Romney is a liar

that's the topic

Saved??? I'm sure you meant "temporarily delayed the failure of". Because the stock market and others say not.

Obama talks about the auto bailout frequently, since it's one of the few things in his record that gets positive responses in the polls. But he's probably wise to avoid probing questions, since the GM bailout is not at all the success he claims.

GM has been selling cars in the U.S. at deep discount and, while it's making money in China -- and is outsourcing operations there and elsewhere -- it's bleeding losses in Europe. It's spending billions to ditch its Opel brand there in favor of Chevrolet, including $559 million to put the Chevy logo on Manchester United soccer team uniforms -- and just fired the marketing exec who cut that deal.

It botched the launch of its new Chevrolet Malibu by starting with the green-friendly Eco version, which pleased its government shareholders, but which got lousy reviews. And it's selling only about 10,000 electric-powered Chevy Volts a year, a puny contribution toward Obama's goal of 1 million electric vehicles on the road by 2015.

"GM is going from bad to worse," reads the headline on Automotive News Editor in Chief Keith Crain's analysis. That's certainly true of its stock price.

The government still owns 500 million shares of GM, 26 percent of the total. It needs to sell them for $53 a share to recover its $49.5 billion bailout. But the stock price is around $20 a share, and the Treasury now estimates that the government will lose more than $25 billion if and when it sells.

That's in addition to the revenue lost when the Obama administration permitted GM to continue to deduct previous losses from current profits, even though such deductions are ordinarily wiped out in bankruptcy proceedings.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Fiat CEO, Sergio Marchionne, to make announcement in next couple days in regards to building Chrysler models in Italy, including Jeeps, for export to North America.

Coming hot on the heels of speculation that some Jeep production may be moved to China comes a bombshell from a Bloomberg report. Fiat is now considering moving Chrysler and Jeep production to Italy.

"To counter the severe slump in European sales, (Fiat CEO Sergio) Marchionne is considering building Chrysler models in Italy, including Jeeps, for export to North America. The Italian government is evaluating tax rebates on export goods to help Fiat. Marchionne may announce details of his plan as soon as Oct. 30, the people said."

AUTO BAILOUT BOMBSHELL: Fiat Says Chrysler, Jeep Production May Move to Italy
Submitted by Mark Modica

top topics

<< 1   >>

join