It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Size of a Proton and Electron

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
First, it's a "singlet", not a stinglet or a stringlet and is named such due to the "single" nature of it....

This is what happens when people read pop-sci articles then misinterpret them...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

F.C....Super String Theory is HIGHLY Theoretical and I do not believe that there has been any practical application from this Theory. We do however use Quantum Mechanics without fully understanding it. Current wireless electronics used for communication such as Cell Phones and Smart Phones that can connect to the WEB...are examples of practical apps...even though we don't really know why they work.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Oh FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I made a typo! Geeze!
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Not getting into an emotional argument over it

sleep well....
edit on 2-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I believe posting several sites that deal with Super String Theory would allow for anyone here to give me the benefit of any doubt that it was a typo...YES...Stringlet...STRINGLET!

You seem to have a way to bring out the Worse in people. You do not know who I am or what I do...but if you did...you would be stuttering. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

So from what you said, it's like us, the children, playing with a very sophisticated piece of machinery that we have no idea how to work?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

A Monkey can pull the trigger on a gun without ever knowing how the gun was made or what makes it work...still...the Monkey can pull the trigger and understand when he does there will be a Boom!
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Besides that point. If a hadron collider was active and then there was a boom, so yes, point taken, the monkey and the gun, the child and complex machine.

What they both have in common? They don't know how, what they use, works.
edit on 2-11-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

YEP! That is a fairly good description on where we are as far as understanding Quantum Mechanics.
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Don't project your own ignorance onto humanity. You speak for yourself, not the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I believe posting several sites that deal with Super String Theory would allow for anyone here to give me the benefit of any doubt that it was a typo...YES...Stringlet...STRINGLET!

You seem to have a way to bring out the Worse in people. You do not know who I am or what I do...but if you did...you would be stuttering. Split Infinity

Again, it is SINGLET, not "stringlet"....

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by wildespace

Very true, but if it can become a neutron then it can reverse it's process to go back into a proton. Correct?

Yep, it's called beta decay, a well-known process. en.wikipedia.org...

plus, just out of curiosity, ever heard of Ethers?

I've heard of ether (a class of chemical compounds) and aether (the postulated medium for the propagation of light). The latter, as far as I know, has not had any scientific evidence.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

No, that guy is right.

We can only hit it so close that was can make something we don't know work.

Quantum mechanics doesn't even come close to what I have learned but it still is better than nothing.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

But what if, all the scientific evidence of it in the mainstream is burned up and the only way to find it is around here, in the alternative news sites?

The reason why I say this is because Ether physics, or Aether physics, is a very old physics. And has been proven to hit on the mark every time. Tried it, and it was true.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Don't project your own ignorance onto humanity. You speak for yourself, not the rest of us.

And what specifically is it that I have stated that you consider to be ignorant? It would be nice if you could at the very least site what that was rather than just throwing out a blanket statement that allows you to complain without explaining why? LOL! TOO MUCH! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

But what if, all the scientific evidence of it in the mainstream is burned up and the only way to find it is around here, in the alternative news sites?

The reason why I say this is because Ether physics, or Aether physics, is a very old physics. And has been proven to hit on the mark every time. Tried it, and it was true.

Actually, it's been proven to NOT hit the mark, which is why it's no longer used. It's been disproven and is now obsolete... much like the theories of the earth being flat...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Your right. My mistake. What can I say but I was wrong?
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Not my point. But since you've brought that up, I question on who in the world disproved it?

So far, it's alive and well, it just goes under another name today, say quantum physics.

I like to hang around the old stuff, they know what they are talking about. The +5000 years stuff.

or you can just have a quick glance at this.
edit on 3-11-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Have any of you seen this kind of periodic table before?

This one puts things into perspective.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Not my point. But since you've brought that up, I question on who in the world disproved it?

So far, it's alive and well, it just goes under another name today, say quantum physics.

I like to hang around the old stuff, they know what they are talking about. The +5000 years stuff.

or you can just have a quick glance at this.
edit on 3-11-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

No, it's not quantum physics, not even close...

Seriously, instead of reading pop-sci stuff, read actual science research, learn for yourself and formulate your own opinions and ideas instead of accepting what other people have said who really have no ground to stand on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join