It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in the story of Jesus but cannot even acknowledge that Aliens abduct people???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think you are correct to realise that people believe in a story that has been written by men...and changed...by men...and re-written to suit their times....and changed, by men, to suit their agenda.....etc etc etc. Yet fail to believe in the possibility of ETs. I don't believe in the modern Christian "teachings" as they are (in my view), rubbish. I don't even believe the old teachings, because they say "God" is a vengeful and hateful God, and he will......SMITE YOU!.... bull clap. If this were in fact the case, we would see it, report it, and that's that. So, that leaves just 2 options.....(bear with me, because I think it's striking)

There are only 2 options in this Universe....

We are either alone in this Universe.......or we are not alone.

Both options are equally terrifying. (Arthur. C. Clarke)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

"jesus" offers nothing more that you can imagine...

I respect your views, but do not try to peddle it as fact.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

How cool would it be to find out that we were seeded...by humans... aka Battlestar Galactica?

There is an inherrant feeling within me, that hopes for extra-human ancestors.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

WOW, to the point and no messing about.... AND you are correct. :/

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Oh not really. Believing in a paranormal religious experience without proof, only heresay, without alot of witnesses and sitings in modern times, except for some miracles, but those very same miracles seem to happen in every religion and to even agnostics who pray, does make one question, why people aren't getting it.

Though some of us share, its not really necessary to get it. What is necessary is caring about others, and living LOVE, not LOVE OF POWER. That's the ticket home.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Why do people believe in the story of Jesus but cannot even acknowledge that Aliens abduct people???

Originally posted by sd211212
Just watched the Travis Walton story on Paranormal witness. I have never seen what the other eyewitnesses believed or heard their stories. Travis has been made out to be a hoaxter, liar, delusional etc... Watching the emotions from his co-workers was moving. Especially the boss and the shy guy. dont know their names but apparently this event traumatized each and every one of them. I thought the Sheriff actually finally believed these guys but to this day he does not . He still believes it was made up and Travis hid out for a few days. Now they should get an academy award for that show. They showed raw emotion. So back to the Sheriff. Im sure if i were to ask if he believed everything in the bible and the story of Jesus he would say of course. Jesus walked the earth, cured people, died and rose, came back to the disciples etc... but aliens nope!!!!!!!! Its wild. If i had not had the experienvces I have had in my life them i would be skeptical too. Im skeptical of the jesus story the way it has been told deciphered whatever. It isnt even a eye witness testimony it is stories handed down over generation and then written. Why do people have such a hard time believing paranormal stuff when in all essence Jesus, if he existed, was an ALIEN????????????
edit on 24-10-2012 by sd211212 because: (no reason given)

Depends on how you define "aliens" in relation to the reports of alleged abductions. As a Christian I for the most part acknowledge the alien abduction reports as a possibility. The millions of people claiming to have had encounters with "aliens" can't all be crazy or making it all up. I just don't except the culturally promoted view of what they really are, which is the idea of them being extraterrestrial or biological beings from another planet. If we are to assume that they are highly evolved biological entities from another planet, then we should see some evidence of this somewhere, but we don't, not even in the very messages they give to the abductee's. Everything about them, from the way they travel, the means in which they communicate and the messages they preach which you can call extraterrestrial evangelism, reeks of a demonic/fallen angel or to put it simply, Satanic deception.

"An examination of the evidence indicates beyond any doubt that a primary agenda of the alien visitors - whoever or whatever they are - is to change what human beings think about God and His Word (the Bible) and to replace exclusive Christianity with a religion of universalism"
- Ron Rhodes, citing William Alnor Alien Obsession: What Lies Behind Abductions, Sightings, and the Attraction to the Paranormal

edit on 25-10-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Believing in Jesus is never dying and going to Heaven for eternity. The average person seems to like that idea.!

Believing in aliens, especially abductions, and especially their mind control abilities scares the crap out of people. Jesus and most religions offer little comfort because that part has not been scripted.
Reality is a real bitch.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
What if, Christ was Human, and we're all gods or alien descendants??

The humans tricked us into thinking we were without science and hid our machines away from us, thousands of years ago.

Imma write a book and start a religion..

Christ was human.......?

Beg, borrow or steal "The Man from Earth".

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Believing in Jesus is never dying and going to Heaven for eternity. The average person seems to like that idea.!

Believing in aliens, especially abductions, and especially their mind control abilities scares the crap out of people. Jesus and most religions offer little comfort because that part has not been scripted.
Reality is a real bitch.

The website below is one of the few sites that covers the abduction reports you never get to know about from the popular alien abduction researchers that shows these abduction experiences can be stopped in the name of Jesus. These "aliens" don't tuck their tails between their legs and run when the abductee calls on any other religious figure, just this one guy. They seem to know Jesus very well and are terrified of him, like his mere name is their own personal kryptonite.

www.alienresistance.org...

This all begins to make sense looking at the Biblical scriptures below, two of many. As a Christian, my conclusion is that calling on his name works because he really is who he said he was and the culturally promoted view of what these "aliens" are is a deception through and through. As I said before, everything about them is demonic to the core.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. - Joel 2:32

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. - Mark 16

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Dear istsallmaya,

We know so little about physics and the whole big picture of what is out there. We reason with our limited abilities through the five senses. Anyone with a paranormal experience see this first hand that "something else" is going on here then we can ever imagine. God, alien abduction - it's the same thing to me and that is who are we to know what exists in all truthfulness being we are severly limited with our perception of things. I discount nothing anymore.

We know quite a lot about physics and can duplicate the experiments. While science may discount the paranormal, that does not mean that it is wrong in it's area of research. I am Christian and science is quick to denounce us while at the same time believing in parallel universes which it cannot describe nor witness. My point is that just because I believe in something beyond what science can duplicate doesn't mean I have to believe in everything paranormal.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MyParadoxicalSelf

Dear MyParadoxicalSelf,

Thank you for answering what I did ask and I agree those are possible answers; however, it also presumes that these alien races were always advanced. I presume otherwise, I would assume that they used the airwaves long before they had the ability to get here as it is a much simpler technology.

The reason they would not want us to know is because by us "knowing" with 100% certainty that we are being watched would then influence our behavior and make the study flawed.

Funny that answer is the same one that I give in regards to God.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Dear Unity_99,

Yes, the real purpose of this life is to love and help one another. Peace and please say hello to any mutual friends we may have.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by SpearMint
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

And the proof in that is where exactly? My statement was correct.
Your statement is based on your own beliefs. There is no evidence that he did not exist. There seems to be enough evidence that this person existed. So much so that it is generally accepted as fact. If you want to take on historians with your version of history that's fine but I will consider your statement as incorrect.

It seems completely Plausable that he was an actual person. Even if you remove the bible as a source, you still have roman and Jewish records that validate his existance. At least that is what I read in the full 10 minutes of research I did.

Again, I'm not a religious person. I'm just clarifying a historical fact. If you want to argue that there is no evidence that he had super powers, I'm with you. But it seems to be the case that there was an actual historical person that was the founder of Christianity which has had a very big impact on our culture which to me is more impressive than turning water into wine.

Aliens- no evidence
Spiderman- not real
Moses-no evidence
Jesus- real person
edit on 25-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

Well firstly those records don't necessarily point to this person, Jesus was once a popular name.

And secondly, there is evidence that aliens exist, and that is us. We are proof that life can form in the universe, so it's just a matter of chance.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

reply to post by gavron

Not excluding anything. The question is why are witnesses to paranormal or out of the ordinary events dismissed as nuts or delusional, but belief in Jesus is the norm. If i were to say I dont believe jesus's story to a christian I would be ridiculed and told I was going to hell for not believing a story about a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago. But there is no proof of him walking this earth.

I don't see your premise as accurate, for several reasons. First off, I am a Christian, and I have friends that are not. I have never ridiculed any of them for their beliefs. I have shared mine, because I have a genuine concern for my friends, but that isn't ridicule. Also, you might be surprised how many Christians do support the idea of things some would call "paranormal". We might not agree on what those things actually are, but they aren't simply dismissed out of hand by Christians, any more than by any other skeptics. Heck, I have SEEN things that many would call "ghosts". Seen unidentified or unusual animals, too. I have two possible explanations for "ghosts", depending on the type. One, that I call "echoes", that simply does the same thing over and over, that I think could be some residual energy or something, and the other type, that interacts, I suspect are demonic in nature. That type is almost always unfriendly. UFOs? Sure, they could exist. Yes, people could be taken. A late friend believed he'd been abducted. I simply don't call then "extraterrestrial craft". I suspect something a bit more sinister.

As for proof of Jesus, there are, in fact, historical documents showing a very real person, of the correct time, as He is described. There are literally hundreds of eye-witness reports, and you cannot simply dismiss those because they are older, any more than you would dismiss other historical eyewitnesses. After all, that is what the bulk of our history is based on. If the reports, for example, of Travis Walton are credible in your eyes (and I really can't make up my mind on his case), then other reports should be equally considered as possibly credible.

It's ironic that you want to dismiss a book that actually speaks of things "not normal", and still claim that those believing that book are all mistaken.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Well firstly those records don't necessarily point to this person, Jesus was once a popular name.

I have not come across this information anywhere. Can you tell me your source? Here is what I have found:
en.wikipedia.org...

Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed,[5][6][7][8] and biblical scholars and classical historians regard theories of his non-existence as effectively refuted.

Most scholars hold that Jesus lived in Galilee and Judea.[14][15][16] The Talmud refers to "Jesus the Nazarene" several times and scholars such as Andreas Kostenberger and Robert Van Voorst hold that some of these references are to Jesus.[46][48] Nazareth is not mentioned in the Hebrew Bible and the Christian gospels portray it as an insignificant village, John 1:46 asking "Can any good thing come out of Nazareth?"[49] Craig S. Keener states that it is rarely disputed that Jesus was from Nazareth, an obscure small village not worthy of invention.[49][50] Gerd Theissen concurs with that conclusion.[51]

And secondly, there is evidence that aliens exist, and that is us. We are proof that life can form in the universe, so it's just a matter of chance.

Well that is an interesting concept. What I am refering to when I say "alien" is those mythical grey beings.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

And he knows how??? I dont believe these guys ever waivered from their story. Doesnt look like these guys have made a killing off the story. I just dont see how this story would still have legs after all these years. Ofcourse youll have people who dont believe and laugh and make fun of that was the point of the thread. unless there is video of it it didnt happen and the video will be scrutiized, but a book written 300 years after the death of man is taken as GOSPEL!

Actually, the Bible was written over many hundreds of years, and there are 100% accurate prophecies of the life of Jesus written centuries before His birth. Isaiah 53, for example, has been verified as older by the Dead Sea Scrolls.

As for how a story would "have legs" so much later, well, that's nothing new. The Piltdown Man hoax started in 1912, for example, and wasn't uncovered until 1953. Now, that isn't saying I think Travis is lying, because I really cannot decide, but it's possible. Especially considering the way people will act regarding such topics, and how some will refuse to accept that any such story is a fake. Even if some stories are real, that doesn't mean there isn't any fraud. In that case, we have a lot of people that are still alive, that were there at the time, and that state they are 100% sure the whole thing is phony.

Jesus, on the other hand, has as much historical reporting as do any number of other stories from ancient history. Now, you can choose to accept or deny that He is actually the Son of God, but it would not be realistic to deny that He existed at all. Unless, of course, you want to toss out all old history, because, well, we don't have pictures and live witnesses. All we have for any of it is written accounts and historical artifacts, and we have those supporting many parts of the Bible as well.

The point is, this isn't an "either/or" sort of situation. The Bible supports things we would define as "supernatural".

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

reply to post by gavron

Not excluding anything. The question is why are witnesses to paranormal or out of the ordinary events dismissed as nuts or delusional, but belief in Jesus is the norm. If i were to say I dont believe jesus's story to a christian I would be ridiculed and told I was going to hell for not believing a story about a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago. But there is no proof of him walking this earth.

As for proof of Jesus, there are, in fact, historical documents showing a very real person, of the correct time, as He is described. There are literally hundreds of eye-witness reports, and you cannot simply dismiss those because they are older, any more than you would dismiss other historical eyewitnesses. After all, that is what the bulk of our history is based on. If the reports, for example, of Travis Walton are credible in your eyes (and I really can't make up my mind on his case), then other reports should be equally considered as possibly credible.

Virtually all scholars accept the existence of Jesus, but differ on the accuracy of the details of his life within the biblical narratives.[5][116] The Christ myth theory is still being debated in the 21st century, with Graham Stanton stating in 2002 that the most thorough analysis of the theory had been by G. A. Wells.[117] But Wells' book Did Jesus Exist? was criticized by James D.G. Dunn in his book The Evidence for Jesus.[118] And the debates continue, e.g. Wells changed his views over time and while he used to argue that there was no historical evidence supporting the existence of Jesus, he later modified his position, and in his later book The Jesus Myth accepted the possible existence of Jesus based on historical sources, although still disputing the gospel portrayals of his life.[119][120][121][122] Robert Van Voorst states that among "New Testament scholars and historians the theory of the non-existence of Jesus remains effectively dead as a scholarly question".[119][120]

It would seem to me that there is a preponderance of research on this subject of the existance of Jesus.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by sd211212

I see what you are saying. Why would someone believe in religious personas like Jesus without even a blurry photo, when they will often refuse to believe in phenomena with a living and tested witness who is alive today.

There was little real evidence of the life of Jesus before some recent finds, it was based on stories from hundreds of years ago passed on.

I am thinking it is about being taught something by parents or others from a young age as if it were proved true.

Thats exactly the reason, its called brainwashing.

Well, if that's what you call it, better not teach the kids any history at all. All of history is written reports of older times, with maybe some artifacts to support them. It isn't "brainwashing" to teach children one's religious beliefs.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a simple way to get a thread more than 10 pages long is to question why people believe in Jesus or something along those lines. A whole lot of people will stand up for their beliefs and post and make your thread perhaps gain the main page. *smirks*

This isnt your first religous thread I take it... forgive me if Im assuming your doing this for ats points instead of a devout student of religion.
Its just sometimes I question patterns of human nature.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Char-Lee

The gospels are eye witness testimony.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

No they are not...eye witness means told by someone who was a witness to the things that happened.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were eyewitnesses. They were with Jesus, and saw the things the describe. How does that not fit the definition in your eyes?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join