It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe in the story of Jesus but cannot even acknowledge that Aliens abduct people???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Brainwashed from a very early age.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

And the proof in that is where exactly? My statement was correct.
Your statement is based on your own beliefs. There is no evidence that he did not exist. There seems to be enough evidence that this person existed. So much so that it is generally accepted as fact. If you want to take on historians with your version of history that's fine but I will consider your statement as incorrect.

It seems completely Plausable that he was an actual person. Even if you remove the bible as a source, you still have roman and Jewish records that validate his existance. At least that is what I read in the full 10 minutes of research I did.

Again, I'm not a religious person. I'm just clarifying a historical fact. If you want to argue that there is no evidence that he had super powers, I'm with you. But it seems to be the case that there was an actual historical person that was the founder of Christianity which has had a very big impact on our culture which to me is more impressive than turning water into wine.

Aliens- no evidence
Spiderman- not real
Moses-no evidence
Jesus- real person
edit on 25-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I often wonder the same thing. People have a hard time believing in the existence of other life forms besides themselves.... but will believe in talking snakes, woman came from a mans rib, one of every kind of animal can fit in a boat and not eat each other or the person navigating the boat .. etc.

I find it more logical that if the Universe is billions of years old then more than certainly another species would have gotten a head start and would be advance enough to travel to us.

Hell, look what we can do in the primitive state that we are in now. Imagine a race that had a million years to evolve.

But nah, that's ridiculous, now Gods and Devils, that's the stuff.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
Just watched the Travis Walton story on Paranormal witness. I have never seen what the other eyewitnesses believed or heard their stories. Travis has been made out to be a hoaxter, liar, delusional etc... Watching the emotions from his co-workers was moving. Especially the boss and the shy guy. dont know their names but apparently this event traumatized each and every one of them. I thought the Sheriff actually finally believed these guys but to this day he does not . He still believes it was made up and Travis hid out for a few days. Now they should get an academy award for that show. They showed raw emotion. So back to the Sheriff. Im sure if i were to ask if he believed everything in the bible and the story of Jesus he would say of course. Jesus walked the earth, cured people, died and rose, came back to the disciples etc... but aliens nope!!!!!!!! Its wild. If i had not had the experienvces I have had in my life them i would be skeptical too. Im skeptical of the jesus story the way it has been told deciphered whatever. It isnt even a eye witness testimony it is stories handed down over generation and then written. Why do people have such a hard time believing paranormal stuff when in all essence Jesus, if he existed, was an ALIEN????????????
edit on 24-10-2012 by sd211212 because: (no reason given)

After thousands of years of a specific way of responding to internal and external stimuli being central to the survival of a species, that response becomes part of that species DNA information to be passed on to the next generation. This is why babies instinctively cry, suckle, and laugh/giggle/coo. The mother instinctively responds to these very simple instinctive communication responses with nourishment, assistance and physical affection, and this is what the baby needs to survive.

The human being is a communal beast - at its most instinctive and animal core - and uniting in common purpose with other human beings is the more sure means of survival, regardless of culture. Religion has, for centuries, reigned as the primary common bond between people, and while the specifics of said religion (Jesus versus Mohamed versus Elijah versus Krishna) cause rifts between disparate communities of believers, the belief in religious personalities itself is instinctual to the point where atheism has to be taught to and deliberately chosen by anyone who has become devout in their atheism. And even then, it's through education and purposeful research that the willful disbelief in religious personalities is strengthened and made resolute. In other words, rejection of "gods" is harder to achieve than devotion to an acceptable god figure or archetype. And this is because the social requirement of shared faith has been closely associated with improved community standing (and with that, improved odds of survival for self and family) for thousands of years.

Jesus is just the latest god archetype to be provided for community cohesion. The Romans literally united their empire for a few hundred years by employing Jesus' biography and evolving divinity as the glue that was needed to hold it all together. We're simply working with the Roman Empire's societal cement for the time being. And why not, it's easier than trying to launch a new god archetype.

Maybe someday the aliens will become the next god archetype to ensure community cohesion? Our DNA does need to be satisfied in that sense, and it's pretty clear that the name of the god isn't that important.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, belief is one thing, and is everyone's prerogative. (I have my own beliefs.) Proof is quite another.

I have read, seen, experienced, and witnessed enough now after 20 or so years trying to delve into the ostensible abduction phenomenon to say that I am convinced that something is happening. Too many credible, diagnostically sane individuals with no other connection to one another have expressed far too similar an experience to be easily dismissed in my opinion. What precisely it is that is taking place is another matter, however. As is the true number of genuine "experiencers" versus hoaxers, assumptives, bandwagon riders, cash-in-ers, and wishful fans.

Are people actually being abducted? Is this some sort of new psychiatric paradigm that has yet to be quantified and described fully? If so is it a neurological phenomenon or psychological? Somatic? Parasomatic?

Is it a manifestation of a very specific range of symptoms associated with temporal lobe epilepsy (waking up in strange locations, complex hallucinations, feelings of floating, bright lights, unusual sleep patterns, etc. can be associated with temporal lobe epilepsy.) I've actually looked into at least one case personally (as a layperson, mind you) of someone with temporal lobe epilepsy whose experiences seemed to be associated with that, and strongly mirrored typical abduction mythology (greys, fetuses suspended in liquid, waking up in fields, strange scars, etc.)

Is it a syndrome involving the release of '___' (some experiments with '___' have shown it to elicit experiences of otherworldly encounters strikingly similar to typical abduction scenarios.)

Is this a modern reaction to our age old need for visionary experiences, in a world increasingly at odds with that desire? Is there some mystical or psychic phenomenon at work? Some combination of all of the above? And how do we definitively distinguish between these?

The problem, in my opinion, is not as black and white as belief and the lack thereof. The problem is that there is not specific enough and granular enough qualitative analysis and investigation of all of these myriad possible explanations so as to constitute proof of any one hypothesis or possibility at this time. At least not to my satisfaction. So consequently we end up with tons of speculation, camps of staunch believers, scoffing pseudo-skeptics, and constant bickering between all of the above.

I can't honestly assert a firm opinion as to what is happening. Just my two cents. Peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe any civilization that has mastered the mysteries of time and space (aka physics) would still need to rely on abducting humans to study them. Sorry but that makes no sense at all...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
"pics or it didn't happen"

that goes for jesus and the aliens

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Jesus represents hope for life beyond death. Aliens represent an untimely death. Humans always believe the easiest to handle piece of information.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Why do people believe in Aliens and Alien abduction but not the story of Jesus? Perhaps it might have something to do with the immaculate conception and the miracles in which case I invite readers to review the link in my signature. Who cares about alien powers and principalities, whether here or in "the heavens" when the crowning glory of creation was and is right here with us and among us? If only we understood our true place in the universe, and might begin to grow to the full stature of Christ, perhaps then we might come to realize what's so interesting about Earth that it apparently is attracting all this attention, even universal controversy?

I suspect the problem with many of these alien races, if they do exist, particularly the "Greys" is that they lack a healthy sense of humor as well as the capacity to freely love. Oh the irony..

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackreign2012
I often wonder the same thing. People have a hard time believing in the existence of other life forms besides themselves.... but will believe in talking snakes, woman came from a mans rib, one of every kind of animal can fit in a boat and not eat each other or the person navigating the boat .. etc.

I find it more logical that if the Universe is billions of years old then more than certainly another species would have gotten a head start and would be advance enough to travel to us.

Hell, look what we can do in the primitive state that we are in now. Imagine a race that had a million years to evolve.

But nah, that's ridiculous, now Gods and Devils, that's the stuff.

While in general I would agree, you however make the same (wrong) assumption as most people, that is the one of continous advancement.
Yes, there might be life elsewhere, and life may have started there millions of years prior to life on Earth. However, evolution (and I assume you do believe in Evolution) has no "end game" as in if there is only enough time, life will necessarily become more and more advanced. Humans may or may not continue to develop into more advanced beings - we might as well have reached the height of our advancement. The same of course is true of other life forms in the Universe, just because they have been around longer, doesn't mean they can zip around in space ships. Perhaps we are the most advanced life form in the Universe, just because the natural circumstances on Earth made us evolve into what we are today.

Evolution at work: Americans were the tallest people in the world during the colonial times and the Industrial Revolution. However, over time, their physical stature has gradually diminished, and now they are one of the shortest populations among all the advanced nations. Lifestyle and environmental factors made Americans not more intelligent - but shorter and fatter... Evolution can be a bitch

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Is it a syndrome involving the release of '___' (some experiments with '___' have shown it to elicit experiences of otherworldly encounters strikingly similar to typical abduction scenarios.)

The '___' experience is very interesting. The coclusion of Rick Strasman in his study of '___' was that they were real experiences with real beings even though there was no physical evidence.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
Perhaps we are the most advanced life form in the Universe, just because the natural circumstances on Earth made us evolve into what we are today.

And the first wil be last, and the last, first?

That is if the universe really is a non-local holographic, informational, cosmolgical unity, in which case it would only make perfect rational sense that the most recent will be the most evolved, at least morphogenically, if not technologically. Sure changes the frame of reference if that were the case, uplifting mankind to a very special place of new possibility and newfound potential.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Something I've always found fascinating is how much early descriptions of 'The Gods' would describe an alien race with only a few hundred years' advance on us in their technology.

I'm waiting for the day when religious belief will be considered a form of mental illness, (did we learn nothing from the witch-burning days?) but the ability to consider hitherto outlandish ideas as possibilities will be welcomed. You probably can't make technological progress without the willingness to consider the impossible.

Haven't we realized yet as a race that we're doing damn near everything wrong? Our use of resources, our economic and political systems, our behavior towards other humans and animals? If a God designed us, she/he blew it. We're still savages and yet we call ourselves civilized. It would be comical if it weren't so real and the damage so permanent.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
Just watched the Travis Walton story on Paranormal witness. I have never seen what the other eyewitnesses believed or heard their stories. Travis has been made out to be a hoaxter, liar, delusional etc... Watching the emotions from his co-workers was moving. Especially the boss and the shy guy. dont know their names but apparently this event traumatized each and every one of them. I thought the Sheriff actually finally believed these guys but to this day he does not . He still believes it was made up and Travis hid out for a few days. Now they should get an academy award for that show. They showed raw emotion. So back to the Sheriff. Im sure if i were to ask if he believed everything in the bible and the story of Jesus he would say of course. Jesus walked the earth, cured people, died and rose, came back to the disciples etc... but aliens nope!!!!!!!! Its wild. If i had not had the experienvces I have had in my life them i would be skeptical too. Im skeptical of the jesus story the way it has been told deciphered whatever. It isnt even a eye witness testimony it is stories handed down over generation and then written. Why do people have such a hard time believing paranormal stuff when in all essence Jesus, if he existed, was an ALIEN????????????
edit on 24-10-2012 by sd211212 because: (no reason given)

I don't rule out benevolent or malevolent aliens, cosmos is so massive one can only imagine what's up there. If it's true that people were abducted, where or whom do they turn to? When aliens leave no evidence, how does one go about proving that they were abducted and experimented on? If you have no proof, law is not on your side.

Who knows really? Maybe aliens are in cahoots with our government and are allowed to abduct certain amount of people/children a year in exchange for some technology, who knows? We can't rule anything out.

Maybe all abductions are only black project experiments on human mind, can't rule that out.

If some people don't feel like believing in aliens, so what? What do you care? Those who don't believe don't find it.

Do I believe in aliens? Sure, they're there somewhere wondering the same.

edit on 25-10-2012 by promenion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Pretty stupid comparison, plus you're making a rash generalization and this thread seems more troll like then anything but whatever.

Most Christians I know believe aliens exist. However, they're (like MANY people, hence why I think you're trolling) don't fully believe that people are being abducted. I do, honestly I think there are far too many accounts with actual witnesses to say otherwise.

If I could, I'd sage this thread.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

There are questions that need to be asked and answered. Why do alien abductions often result in crude invasive medical exams, have they not evolved enough to us scanners or other technologies as we have?

If one believes the possibility that an advanced species "may" exists then it would stand to reason one would find various "factions" within the species. Look at us humans and how many "factions we have on this planet. Perhaps some of these factions have more respect for the "species" they study, and perhaps some factions simply do not play by the "rules".

Why haven't they bothered using the airwaves to broadcast to us? If they don't want to be observed then why do they interact with us at all.

How do we know for certain an advanced "species" are not in fact influencing us through "airwaves" or "broadcasting" a signal that perhaps some are not "sensitive" enough to tap into the broadcast, or at least be "aware" that a signal is being received? What is "consciousness"?

Perhaps "they" like to work behind the scenes so to speak. And for the latter part of that question, have you heard of Naturalistic Observation??

Naturalistic observation is a research method commonly used by psychologists and other social scientists. This technique involves observing subjects in their natural environment

The reason they would not want us to know is because by us "knowing" with 100% certainty that we are being watched would then influence our behavior and make the study flawed.

As with everything it is all perspective. From an "alien"s point of view us humans are the alien.
edit on 25-10-2012 by MyParadoxicalSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Non believers of Jesus can be persecuted, alienated, blacklisted, ridiculed, exiled etc, even by friends and family.

Non believers of alien abduction don't so there's a HUGE difference.

Personally, I don't believe in either.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Pretty stupid comparison, plus you're making a rash generalization and this thread seems more troll like then anything but whatever.

I felt the OP's questions was genuine and came from the heart. I have asked this question in my "mind" numerous times. For a site that has a motto of "deny ignorance" it seems odd to refer this as a troll post. If that is what you see perhaps it speaks more about you than the original OP. Just an "observation".

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
I find it hard to believe any civilization that has mastered the mysteries of time and space (aka physics) would still need to rely on abducting humans to study them. Sorry but that makes no sense at all...

Who says they study us? Just because abductees assume that's the case, that doesn't make it so. They say study because that is after all what we would do because we just can't wrap out heads around how interstellar travel is possible. That, and if aliens do come here, well, they must be hostile. Again, we make that assumption because that's what our intentions would be.

As for you, it makes no sense to you because that's where your assumption leads. You don't WANT it to make sense, so you find reasons to validate your opinion. That's not very open minded really.

Assuming why they come here is like like trying to get into the mind of an alien species. A mind that has the wherewithal to travel to other planets whereas we do not. Sorry, but that makes no sense at all.......

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

some people believed in both

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join